I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

UknowWhat

Senior
I've never went more than a couple of days without checking out the site since I joined. Over the course of a year the site has been steadily getting worse. Opinions on how to make this program better is one thing but the rhetoric and bashing you have to endure on just about every post is another. I will not post here again unless there is a dramatic tone change on this FAN site. I know there are a number of fans on this site that feel the same way as I do... but its the few that makes the most noise and set the tone of the site. Pardon the drama of an announcement... but my purpose is to let those that share my same convictions, know that I will still check and respond to the direct messages.

Advertisement
The tone of the site will change when the direction of the program improves.

I've never went more than a couple of days without checking out the site since I joined. Over the course of a year the site has been steadily getting worse. Opinions on how to make this program better is one thing but the rhetoric and bashing you have to endure on just about every post is another. I will not post here again unless there is a dramatic tone change on this FAN site. I know there are a number of fans on this site that feel the same way as I do... but its the few that makes the most noise and set the tone of the site. Pardon the drama of an announcement... but my purpose is to let those that share my same convictions, know that I will still check and respond to the direct messages.

Good luck to you and your son. If you actually want to talk Hurricane football, you have to join a pay site.

We will miss you. I have grown more and more negative but do not remember ever bashing you or your son. Heck you two have been the small glimmer of relief from our dismal experience. Your posts have been the best and will be missed.

I dont blame you at all. If there was somewhere else i could go to talk hurricane football, i would ditch this place to. Every single thread turns into i hate this program/we suck/fire al. Some of these dudes sound worse then the guy that wrote the SI article calling for the school to shutdown the program. Its almost impossible to talk football.

Advertisement
OP,
There should never be a trashing of players on the team or future prospective players and their families. The disdain needs to be directed solely at Al Golden. He's the HC and all decisions come from him. He is the one that has not lifted the program on the field. Yes, he's a great ambassador off it, but at the end of the day you are measured for the W's and L's. And after four years, the results speak to average and UM Football is not average!

Amen brother, I agree with you 100%!

Advertisement
giphy.gif

The mods allow this stuff to keep going on so nothing will change IMO.

Pops if we START OUT 3-0 you'll see a big change...we were much more positive 2 -3 years ago...You should've seen this board when Golden was hired.Felt like we have been sprayed with the ghost buster slime how positive this board was.... Realize this is therapy for us... we love these canes but can only be positive for so long.....I understand your plight..but trust me youll be back after our first win....If we beat Nebraska oh boy...youll be back and it will be great here( for 1 week)... but until then do what you gotta do

Last edited:
Advertisement
Never understood these dramatic departure posts. It's a message board, and you don't even post that often.

What's the point? Do you want people to beg you to stay? Do you think because a lot of people want to make you happy to keep your son happy that the proprietors of this board will force everyone to be positive and upbeat or get banned?

I didn't think I'd see this sort of limp drama from you.

Sad to see you go; one of a few with anything substantive to say. I have my ignore feature set for the bootleg comedians and the pseudo rhetoricians who couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

Last edited:
I just use the ignore user feature for the guys who never do anything but bash the program. It cuts down the posts I have to go through to actually find quality posts from guys like you [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION]...You never know who is a real fan of the canes and who is just spewing garbage because they hate the canes. With the Ignore User feature I really only see comments from a handful of people and it has made the site much more enjoyable.

Advertisement
That message was brought to you by the franchise,the biggest piece of **** on this message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back