I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont blame you at all. If there was somewhere else i could go to talk hurricane football, i would ditch this place to. Every single thread turns into i hate this program/we suck/fire al. Some of these dudes sound worse then the guy that wrote the SI article calling for the school to shutdown the program. Its almost impossible to talk football.

Here's a clue: Hurricane football fans are in misery. You won't be able to run and hide from that no matter where you go.

Go start a Canes board and see what happens. Call it Happy Cane Fan Land. Ban everyone who is sour about the state of the program. You'll have 3 potatoes left to be happy with.

Fans' moods are dictated by the state of the program. Fans want to be happy and upbeat, but if the program is in the toilet the fans will be miserable. Try burying your head in the sand. It works for ostriches.

Advertisement
I've never went more than a couple of days without checking out the site since I joined. Over the course of a year the site has been steadily getting worse. Opinions on how to make this program better is one thing but the rhetoric and bashing you have to endure on just about every post is another. I will not post here again unless there is a dramatic tone change on this FAN site. I know there are a number of fans on this site that feel the same way as I do... but its the few that makes the most noise and set the tone of the site. Pardon the drama of an announcement... but my purpose is to let those that share my same convictions, know that I will still check and respond to the direct messages.

The mods allow this stuff to keep going on so nothing will change IMO.
Mods, please only allow broke to post. That'll make everything perfect in Canesland.

I dont blame you at all. If there was somewhere else i could go to talk hurricane football, i would ditch this place to. Every single thread turns into i hate this program/we suck/fire al. Some of these dudes sound worse then the guy that wrote the SI article calling for the school to shutdown the program. Its almost impossible to talk football.

Here's a clue: Hurricane football fans are in misery. You won't be able to run and hide from that no matter where you go.

Go start a Canes board and see what happens. Call it Happy Cane Fan Land. Ban everyone who is sour about the state of the program. You'll have 3 potatoes left to be happy with.

Fans' moods are dictated by the state of the program. Fans want to be happy and upbeat, but if the program is in the toilet the fans will be miserable. Try burying your head in the sand. It works for ostriches.

THis is true I pay for canesport and same **** goin on over there, been meaning to cancel but never do

They not only let it happen they encourage it.

We should be happy with the program, no reason to complain. Who would complain when they saw the following:

1. 16-16 in the ACC
2. 0-4 against FSU
3. 0 Bowl Wins
4. 0 ACCCG Appearances
5. 11 Losses in his last 19 Games
6. 28-22 Record Overall (with wins against the following: Bethune Cookman x 2, Savannah State, FAMU, FAU and Arkansas State)
7. Losing Record in 2014 (4 years into his tenure)

Advertisement
I've never went more than a couple of days without checking out the site since I joined. Over the course of a year the site has been steadily getting worse. Opinions on how to make this program better is one thing but the rhetoric and bashing you have to endure on just about every post is another. I will not post here again unless there is a dramatic tone change on this FAN site. I know there are a number of fans on this site that feel the same way as I do... but its the few that makes the most noise and set the tone of the site. Pardon the drama of an announcement... but my purpose is to let those that share my same convictions, know that I will still check and respond to the direct messages.

Pops if we START OUT 3-0 you'll see a big change...we were much more positive 2 -3 years ago...You should've seen this board when Golden was hired.Felt like we have been sprayed with the ghost buster slime how positive this board was.... Realize this is therapy for us... we love these canes but can only be positive for so long.....I understand your plight..but trust me youll be back after our first win....If we beat Nebraska oh boy...youll be back and it will be great here( for 1 week)... but until then do what you gotta do

We should start 3-0 but then Nebraska will go 7-5 and it will be looked at like beating OSU*, OU and Florida were after their seasons tanked.

That message was brought to you by the franchise,the biggest piece of **** on this message board.
I remember when he was Golden's loudest supporter and every person who now complains about the negativity loved each and every one of his posts. I guess some people have trouble dealing with the reality of the state of the program.

Advertisement

You done? Im not in misery at all. If you let a football team make you miserable then you need to get a life. And regardless of the crap you just spewed, there still should be a place fans can go talk football instead of listening to a bunch of grown *** man ***** and cry a day. You must feel guilty with the need to come in here and be negative too huh. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Last edited:

I have no respect for Al Golden. He tried to bail on this program for Penn State. After last year he refused to make any changes and dared the administration to fire him. I have no doubt he wanted to be fired so he could collect his sizable buyout and get the **** out of town. He no longer enjoys coaching at Miami and has clear contempt for the fans. This is clear in his decision to completely cut the media and fan base off from watching practice and scrimmages. Al Golden will be fired before the end of the year having made over 10 million dollars. He will smoothly transition into the role of TV talking head. Al Golden will be just fine.

I feel sorry for you and your son. You were lied too and now have been brainwashed into avoiding the "noise". The good news is that there are some great coaches out there that would love this job.

Al Golden should not be coaching this team. 9 out of 10 programs would have fired him last year. This program owes its players a much better coaching staff. The current staff is the worst in the ACC by far. Put that $90 million from Adidas to use.

Last edited:

Don't blame you one bit. No one is even allowed to talk football here without it turning into a shrill, childish temper tantrum about the staff and school. They can't even stick to relevant criticisms, of which there are many, but have to turn everything into personal attacks and outright lies and slander.

Wish you and your son the best. You provided lots of great insight and info. Looking forward to seeing Shaq in a 'Canes uniform next year. Don't let the crazies drive you away from the program. This site does not represent the overall fanbase, not even close.

Advertisement
Why don't you and franchise talk about **** a little bit more on this board or insult posters with a different opinion. You boys act like you own this board and never should be accountable for the filth that comes out of your posts. Someone gives you a little taste of your own filth and you run and cry like the little *****es you are. Cowards!

I agree with the premise of this post. I'm as frustrated as anyone, but the hate in this site is what I cannot understand. I get more respect for the program and pure football talk from gators and seminoles than from most here.

I don't get why this is such a difficult concept. Since 2004, we have watched the following:

1. Overall Record of 81-56 (Just for a frame of reference between 79-2003 or 25 seasons, we lost 57 games)
2. Overall Conference Record of 46-42
3. 2 Bowl Wins (Both Toilet Bowls)
4. Zero BCS Appearances
5. Zero Conference Championships
6. In our last 64 games in the ACC we're 32-32
7. The Closing of the OB
8. Terrible Management and Oversight by the ADMIN
9. Unnecessary Extensions and a total Lack of Accountability
10. Plus we're going into year 5 of Golden and we know his track record:
16-16 in the ACC, 0-4 against FSU, 0 Bowl Wins, 0 ACCCG Appearances, 11 Losses in his last 19 Games, 28-22 Record Overall (with wins against the following Bethune Cookman x 2, Savannah State, FAMU, FAU and Arkansas State) and Losing Record in 2014 (4 years into his tenure).

He just needs one more year.

What is there to be happy about?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Don't blame you one bit. No one is even allowed to talk football here without it turning into a shrill, childish temper tantrum about the staff and school. They can't even stick to relevant criticisms, of which there are many, but have to turn everything into personal attacks and outright lies and slander.

Wish you and your son the best. You provided lots of great insight and info. Looking forward to seeing Shaq in a 'Canes uniform next year. Don't let the crazies drive you away from the program. This site does not represent the overall fanbase, not even close.
And here comes Al's Fleshlight. He worked overtime on here last night for his man. And he's back scratching and clawing this morning.

Folden must have guzzled a gallon of coffee this morning before he peed in IQ72's mouth because he's shot out of a cannon.

Who said anything about being happy? All a lot of us want to do is talk football without everything turning into a bitcfest. I dont get why thats a difficult concept.

Last edited:

If Miami hires Rob Chudzinski or Butch Davis....your son will be very happy.

Either of those guys will have Miami back in the hunt for national titles in two years.

I would not send my son to play for Al Golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back