"...I know he's on Miami's radar..." -Feldman (re: Ken Dorsey)

Nah. I’d pass on Dorsey as the OC. But as a QB coach along with a experienced OC I’d take him absolutely

So, what's lost in all this is another way Richt could have mitigated through the nepotistic disaster of his son: In 2016, he should have offered the QB coach job to Dorsey (while at Carolina) and an associate OC/passing game coordinator role, so the guy could have gotten some more work in implementing game plans for a year or two before handing him the reigns in year 3.

Dorsey would have come in as a guy with 4 years of NFL QB coaching experience (blows away anything Jonny boy has ever done) AND would have gotten more training as a playcaller (not following Richt's archaic playcalling obviously but more involvement in OC roles).

It would have been, on paper, perfect for everyone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ken is a great qb coach. Cam tells anyone that will listen his progress was thanks to kenny not shula. But as far as an o.c. kenny(all though I love the kid) isnt the kind of personality needed to mesh with children and close families. Hes a acquired taste. He does have a different way he sees the game as well. Not really sure he could relate to alot of kids beyond QBs.

lol at meshing with children and close families (not a shot at you obviously just at how these coaches in general have to act with the sideshow). i hope we get a guy that would tell these families to stay the **** out of the business and let me coach. our kids are too soft and need someone to discipline the **** out of them. also hope ken tells manny to shut off his twitter permanently and learn how to coach

QBs love him. Heck, his former teammate - Brady Quinn - loved having him around to learn from even though they were peers.

Btw, Josh Allen was a mega talent coming out of HS. Disappointed in college but the dude has talent.
I thought Allen was an under the radar recruit. Like there were no expectations on him so his college production was a success because he was an unknown that fell into Wyoming’s lap.

So, what's lost in all this is another way Richt could have mitigated through the neptotistic disaster of his son: In 2016, he should have offered the QB coach job to Dorsey (while at Carolina) and an associate OC/passing game coordinator role, so the guy could have gotten some more work in implementing game plans for a year or two before handing him the reigns in year 3.

Dorsey would have come in as a guy with 4 years of NFL QB coaching experience (blows away anything Jonny boy has ever done) AND would have gotten more training as a playcaller (not following Richt's archaic playcalling obviously but more involvement in OC roles).

It would have been, on paper, perfect for everyone.
Don’t think it was realistic. I don’t think Dorsey is taking a QB job at the college level unless it’s a grooming role for a bigger position

Advertisement
Has shown no real interest in coaching at the college level. I would guess that is because he has no interest in recruiting. Entire staff needs to be rebalanced, current staff is deficient in so many ways they align perfectly with Manny.

No thanks.

I'd be down for a co-OC/QB/Ast HC title for Dorsey but no more first-time coordinators...unless its Joe Brady.

Has shown no real interest in coaching at the college level. I would guess that is because he has no interest in recruiting. Entire staff needs to be rebalanced, current staff is deficient in so many ways they align perfectly with Manny.
Then don't make him a lead recruiter.... for anyone but QBs. We need someone DESPERATELY that understands what it takes to be a QB at this level.

Advertisement
The two teams in the title game have Co-OCs.

Its just the way things are now. We should probably do this. We really stink at the single OC thing.
We had 3 OCs under Rick—Brown, Dugans as co-OC with Rick calling plays. How’d that go?

The only reason LSU has co-OCs is because they had no clue what Brady could do and Ensminger is a great company man they didn’t want to fire. Brady installed a whole new playbook and called the plays. Ensminger just sat around and got lauded for his lack of ego and stole about $600K.

Just hire a great OC. All this Dorsey talk is typical Felchman. He always defaults to the UM guy at UM. Dorsey is a good QB coach, but he ain’t leaving the NFL for a lateral gig, and he’s not been associated with anything but “pro style bro” nfl offense.

Did you read what I asked? He’s done well with QBs but that doesn’t automatically translate to putting together a system, installing, game planning then executing it.,can easily become a jumbled mess and like why he hasn’t taking that next step yet
That might be why aleahy said IT’S A HARD NO. You love quibbling even when someone agrees with you. Hen.

Dorsey, while he was the QB here, was basically the assistant OC. He audibled a lot, ran the no huddle quite a bit, and was a coach on the field. I think, and I could be wrong, that he'd be one **** of a QB coach/OC. Pair Dorsey with someone like Yost and we would hang 50 on everyone.

I don't hate that idea. That could be potent.

Dorsey being Cam Newton's QB coach didn't make a whole lot of sense to people either.

Advertisement
That might be why aleahy said IT’S A HARD NO. You love quibbling even when someone agrees with you. Hen.
1577996163423.gif

Advertisement
I thought Allen was an under the radar recruit. Like there were no expectations on him so his college production was a success because he was an unknown that fell into Wyoming’s lap.

fixed it. Meant Kyle. I thought Dorsey was still with Carolina. completely ignore my post. I am a moran.

buzzword name to prey on the classic feeble minded Cane fan that can't let go of 2001 and deflect SOME of the warranted negativity on Blake and Manny...period.
Don't fall for it

We had 3 OCs under Rick—Brown, Dugans as co-OC with Rick calling plays. How’d that go?

The only reason LSU has co-OCs is because they had no clue what Brady could do and Ensminger is a great company man they didn’t want to fire. Brady installed a whole new playbook and called the plays. Ensminger just sat around and got lauded for his lack of ego and stole about $600K.

Just hire a great OC. All this Dorsey talk is typical Felchman. He always defaults to the UM guy at UM. Dorsey is a good QB coach, but he ain’t leaving the NFL for a lateral gig, and he’s not been associated with anything but “pro style bro” nfl offense.

The problem with your first point...Richt was the OC, those guys got "Co-OC" titles so they could rob a little more money from the University. That's not exactly what we are talking about.

Also, the dynamic between Brady and Ensminger wasn't quite that. You're oversimplifying a complex equation. Joe Brady had the secret sauce, but Ensminger's role and actual playcalling play a significant role in whats going on. Brady's a great gameplanner and great adjusting and exploiting weaknesses in-game, but Ensminger was the playcaller. Thats just a fact. It also was not an entire new playbook, but a significant portion...lots of add-ons to what was already in Coach E's though.

Perhaps he defaults to UM guys because he's not giving his opinion, but because its what he hears from his connections to the University...and he's not exactly been wrong...all we do is poach former Miami guys except the good ones, I guess.

Also, I'm not for Dorsey as an OC. He's be so low on the list of choices, I have no idea how many times we'd have to swing and miss to get to Dorsey. But as OB Coach, I'd be all about it...as to not make it a lateral move...Co-OC with a real playcaller that can also handle WRs would be a decent move. Who that playcaller is, I don't know, but Dorsey in a role coaching QBs isn't one I'd turn down. Calling plays...not my choice.

You guys want a big name hire and I don’t see it happening. No big name is hitching a ride on this ship. Best chance we have is hiring a Dorsey type and hoping he provides a Joe Brady type miracle.

Advertisement
Back