"...I know he's on Miami's radar..." -Feldman (re: Ken Dorsey)

Ensminger called plays last year & their offense was horrendous...

Then Orgeron brings in a Sean Payton/Joe Lombardi disciple & all of the sudden they become the best offense in college football & set school records in yards & scoring...

But Ensminger is still calling plays... I wonder what changed from his play calling in 2018 to 2019???

Weird to see a 61 year old man have such a revelation in just one offseason to call plays completely different than he's ever done in his entire career.

Oh & his daughter in law literally tragically died in a plane crash just hours before their playoff game vs Oklahoma but I'm sure he was in the right headspace to call those plays that resulted in 692yds of total offense & 7 passing TD's, something he's never done ever once in his entire career as an OC.

I still don't see why you saying this dog, when there are actual statements from both Ed and Brady telling you different (see the articles again that were already posted). Why have a conspiracy when guys in the know are telling you straight up how it works. Brady brought in more concepts from the Saints period, just consider it part of game planning, like how Norvell and Jimbo does with their OCs.

Age has nothing to do with play calling, there are many guys as old or even older calling plays and evolving in both the NFL and College football.

Like I said in another post if we not going to take Ed and Brady's word on this, then lets call the offense they running "Pro Style Bro", we know for sure Brady got it from Sean Payton and the Saints. Payton does not call his offense a Spread. But I guess since Brady brought it to college and Ed wants to call it a spread it's ok to give it a different name at LSU.

Advertisement
Like I said in another post if we not going to take Ed and Brady's word on this, then lets call the offense they running "Pro Style Bro", we know for sure Brady got it from Sean Payton and the Saints. Payton does not call his offense a Spread. But I guess since Brady brought it to college and Ed wants to call it a spread it's ok to give it a different name at LSU.
It's literally a spread offense lol.

Liberty City El said:
Ensminger called plays last year & their offense was horrendous...

Then Orgeron brings in a Sean Payton/Joe Lombardi disciple & all of the sudden they become the best offense in college football & set school records in yards & scoring...

But Ensminger is still calling plays... I wonder what changed from his play calling in 2018 to 2019???

Weird to see a 61 year old man have such a revelation in just one offseason to call plays completely different than he's ever done in his entire career.

Oh & his daughter in law literally tragically died in a plane crash just hours before their playoff game vs Oklahoma but I'm sure he was in the right headspace to call those plays that resulted in 692yds of total offense & 7 passing TD's, something he's never done ever once in his entire career as an OC.
I still don't see why you saying this dog, when there are actual statements from both Ed and Brady telling you different (see the articles again that were already posted). Why have a conspiracy when guys in the know are telling you straight up how it works. Brady brought in more concepts from the Saints period, just consider it part of game planning, like how Norvell and Jimbo does with their OCs.

Age has nothing to do with play calling, there are many guys as old or even older calling plays and evolving in both the NFL and College football.

[
QUOTE="AllAboutTheU, post: 4491540, member: 2624"]
It's literally a spread offense lol.
[/QUOTE]
The whole context of my previous post is needed don't cherry pick.

Ensminger is still calling the plays. If you say he is not then let's call the offense "Pro Style" we know where it came from.

On the latest Audible Podcast...a little late and I haven't seen it discussed, Bruce and Stew have a moderate dive into Miami football as they are talking about interesting available candidates out there.

Here is an accompanying article:

They start off talking about Kellen Moore going back to college (something that he is definitely interested in doing...but he's a Pacific Northwest guy and schools like Boise State (OC position is open), Oregon (has an opening) and Washington (connection w/ friend Junior Adams and has an opening) may get him...which means Miami should get involved, but thats a story for another thread)...then Bruce mentions Ken Dorsey and has the above quote before discussing the merits. Bruce happens to think this would be a good move despite Dorsey never having play calling experience.

Some other notes involving Dorsey from the podcast.

As a quarterbacks coach...I think his work with Cam Newton speaks for itself. Cam Newton developed into a league All-Pro and MVP under Dorsey. What has happened to Josh Allen under Dorsey this year is pretty incredible. I still think Josh Allen stinks, but he's become a league average quarterback good enough to get the Bills to the playoffs...so there's that.

As a playcaller...who knows what he'd be like...he's worked under a few guys. Brian Daboll recently, Eli Drinkwitz when he had a cup of coffee with App State before going to the Bills, Mike Shula.

Im sure most would say a hard no on Dorsey as an OC, but what about in a Co-OC scenario?

A few other intriguing names from the article--

Kevin O'Connell, Redskins OC
George Godsey, Dolphins TE Coach
Todd Monken, Browns OC (been discussed)
BS on that hard no daddy-O i been calling for KD since we hired Mork, i wanted MR to bring him in then, then again when Carolina had that big house cleaning. He would be my top guy, dude is a winner, played the game at highest level, film junkie, smart as F, and will bring a more modern offense with him. To me its a no brainer, i dont know how Manny feels about him, or how he feels about hiring somebody thats smarter than he is, but he would be shredding Manny's defense on the daily, which might wake Manny's *** up a bit on the D side. win win win

BS on that hard no daddy-O i been calling for KD since we hired Mork, i wanted MR to bring him in then, then again when Carolina had that big house cleaning. He would be my top guy, dude is a winner, played the game at highest level, film junkie, smart as F, and will bring a more modern offense with him. To me its a no brainer, i dont know how Manny feels about him, or how he feels about hiring somebody thats smarter than he is, but he would be shredding Manny's defense on the daily, which might wake Manny's *** up a bit on the D side. win win win
I think we should very much look into any young hungry great offensive mind like Dorsey (experience as an OC or not). Why not thats the only way to get a Joe Brady, since that is obviously the unanimous guy that everyone would agree on. Dorsey has way may experience in the coaching ranks on offense than Brady who was actually a LB coach from 2013-2014 at Willam & Mary. He was a GA from 2015-2016 at Penn State and an offensive assistant for the Saints from 2017-2018.

It's known among the coaches ranks who are up and comers and have great football minds. Joe Brady was identified by LSU when they brought him and the Saints offensive coordinator in for offensive consultations. They gleaned from that to bring in Joe Brady as their passing game coordinator.

Advertisement
Ken is a great qb coach. Cam tells anyone that will listen his progress was thanks to kenny not shula. But as far as an o.c. kenny(all though I love the kid) isnt the kind of personality needed to mesh with children and close families. Hes a acquired taste. He does have a different way he sees the game as well. Not really sure he could relate to alot of kids beyond QBs.

That's what the position coaches are for, no? I like my OC to be a big Aspergers-like. Most OCs are behind the scenes types, no?

Advertisement
That's what the position coaches are for, no? I like my OC to be a big Aspergers-like. Most OCs are behind the scenes types, no?
Nah. In most instances the coordinators are the personalities of the bunch. The rest are reflections of them for the most part. I'm definitely not against kenny. I'd love to see him on staff. Just doubt it happens. If you look at some of the other names on the list that theyrebtelling yall about how can anyone be mad over kenny. When the difference is a born winner and amazing leader(which is very relevant) opposed to a few washed up senior citizens or some country bumpkin how can anyone be mad. I will tell yall theres a couple names being talked about who would be GRAND SLAMS in the background. Two that I know of turned down the job. One was considered a lock and after he spoke to mandy he said I'll pass. So theres that. Doesnt seem most relevant names want anything to do with him...

Nah. In most instances the coordinators are the personalities of the bunch. The rest are reflections of them for the most part. I'm definitely not against kenny. I'd love to see him on staff. Just doubt it happens. If you look at some of the other names on the list that theyrebtelling yall about how can anyone be mad over kenny. When the difference is a born winner and amazing leader(which is very relevant) opposed to a few washed up senior citizens or some country bumpkin how can anyone be mad. I will tell yall theres a couple names being talked about who would be GRAND SLAMS in the background. Two that I know of turned down the job. One was considered a lock and after he spoke to mandy he said I'll pass. So theres that. Doesnt seem most relevant names want anything to do with him...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l2YWxte7sJB2XuE8M" width="480" height="204" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

with the names

I will tell yall theres a couple names being talked about who would be GRAND SLAMS in the background. Two that I know of turned down the job. One was considered a lock and after he spoke to mandy he said I'll pass. So theres that. Doesnt seem most relevant names want anything to do with him...

That's just great

name names

Advertisement
Awesome. Dead man walking. Manny is so ******.

lol @ this crypric ****.

Awesome. Dead man walking. Manny is so ******.

And this is why Flake should realize the longer he continues this mistake with Manure, the more nails he adds to his own coffin as he only contributes to the continuation of wa$ted re$ource$

Advertisement

now im interested in these names and for what...

U haventbfigured out yet I tell yall what wont cause an issue. I just told yall lonzo deal is done. Now let him work and salvage this ****. That ain't enough for you then go watch **** in ur basement or something. Nothing else I'm gonna tell yall. Lonzo will fix this crap

Was Lonzo part of the Lashlee hiring? Assuming what’s being reported is correct.

Advertisement
Back