"...I know he's on Miami's radar..." -Feldman (re: Ken Dorsey)

BoxingRobes

Junior
On the latest Audible Podcast...a little late and I haven't seen it discussed, Bruce and Stew have a moderate dive into Miami football as they are talking about interesting available candidates out there.

Here is an accompanying article:

They start off talking about Kellen Moore going back to college (something that he is definitely interested in doing...but he's a Pacific Northwest guy and schools like Boise State (OC position is open), Oregon (has an opening) and Washington (connection w/ friend Junior Adams and has an opening) may get him...which means Miami should get involved, but thats a story for another thread)...then Bruce mentions Ken Dorsey and has the above quote before discussing the merits. Bruce happens to think this would be a good move despite Dorsey never having play calling experience.

Some other notes involving Dorsey from the podcast.

As a quarterbacks coach...I think his work with Cam Newton speaks for itself. Cam Newton developed into a league All-Pro and MVP under Dorsey. What has happened to Josh Allen under Dorsey this year is pretty incredible. I still think Josh Allen stinks, but he's become a league average quarterback good enough to get the Bills to the playoffs...so there's that.

As a playcaller...who knows what he'd be like...he's worked under a few guys. Brian Daboll recently, Eli Drinkwitz when he had a cup of coffee with App State before going to the Bills, Mike Shula.

Im sure most would say a hard no on Dorsey as an OC, but what about in a Co-OC scenario?

A few other intriguing names from the article--

Kevin O'Connell, Redskins OC
George Godsey, Dolphins TE Coach
Todd Monken, Browns OC (been discussed)

Advertisement
Advertisement
On the latest Audible Podcast...a little late and I haven't seen it discussed, Bruce and Stew have a moderate dive into Miami football as they are talking about interesting available candidates out there.

They start off talking about Kellen Moore going back to college (something that he is definitely interested in doing...but he's a Pacific Northwest guy and schools like Boise State (OC position is open), Oregon (has an opening) and Washington (connection w/ friend Junior Adams and has an opening) may get him...which means Miami should get involved, but thats a story for another thread)...then Bruce mentions Ken Dorsey and has the above quote before discussing the merits. Bruce happens to think this would be a good move despite Dorsey never having play calling experience.

As a quarterbacks coach...I think his work with Cam Newton speaks for itself. Cam Newton developed into a league All-Pro and MVP under Dorsey. What has happened to Josh Allen under Dorsey this year is pretty incredible. I still think Josh Allen stinks, but he's become a league average quarterback good enough to get the Bills to the playoffs...so there's that.

As a playcaller...who knows what he'd be like...he's worked under a few guys. Brian Daboll recently, Eli Drinkwitz when he had a cup of coffee with App State before going to the Bills, Mike Shula.

Im sure most would say a hard no on Dorsey as an OC, but what about in a Co-OC scenario?

QBs love him. Heck, his former teammate - Brady Quinn - loved having him around to learn from even though they were peers.

Btw, Josh Allen was a mega talent coming out of HS. Disappointed in college but the dude has talent.

Advertisement

Personally I would love to see Dorsey involved in our offensive game plan however I just would not like to roll the dice on somebody who doesn't have a lot of experience calling plays.
Dorsey has been and the coaching world for a little while now but not really as a play-caller that is a huge red flag considering the position we're in right now.
I think the co-offensive coordinator role would fit but he really needs to be paired up with somebody who has got some experienced like Fedora for instance

Advertisement
What about Dorsey in "chief of staff" role? He was an assistant AD at FIU last year and has plenty of years on the sideline. He'd have a good background for that role IMO.
No not right now if he's going to get involved with our football program he needs to be involved in the offensive game plan,

Advertisement
Dorsey, while he was the QB here, was basically the assistant OC. He audibled a lot, ran the no huddle quite a bit, and was a coach on the field. I think, and I could be wrong, that he'd be one **** of a QB coach/OC. Pair Dorsey with someone like Yost and we would hang 50 on everyone.

QB CO and co-OC under a more experienced OC who calls the plays, would be ideal. Whether a guy is a Miami guy or not, the real question is - would they bring value to the position and based on Ken's QB CO work, I'd say that's an emphatic YES! Love to see him as our QB coach and then, if things go well, eventually develop into a play caller.

Advertisement
Back