"...I know he's on Miami's radar..." -Feldman (re: Ken Dorsey)

You think Dorsey will do well as a OC with total autonomy and control for the first time based on him being a UM great?
Did you read what I said? I said hard no on hiring him right now.

However, my opinion is that Ken will do well when he gets this chance to call plays at some point. He’s done really well with qb’s.

Is that easier to understand?

Advertisement
We have all said Miami is not a learn as you go school. Dorsey has never called plays for even a little league game. Why have him learn here. QB coach passing game coordinator title fine but we need a experienced play caller here to put a game plan together week after week.

And why is it cool to want to replace Stubblefield at WR coach? Just because you never heard of him? He recruited we'll this year? Is that not how we a judging Rumph and Banda and Patke?

I agree but it may be hard right now. It's all a mess right now. Who's decent that might be willing to come right now?
Briles went to FSU knowing that Willie was a dead man walking. He had no issues getting a job after only a year. Heading to Arky as the OC. Do you realize that most of the names that we have heard make half of what Enos was being paid. If Miami will pay, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Did you read what I said? I said hard no on hiring him right now.

However, my opinion is that Ken will do well when he gets this chance to call plays at some point. He’s done really well with qb’s.

Is that easier to understand?
Did you read what I asked? He’s done well with QBs but that doesn’t automatically translate to putting together a system, installing, game planning then executing it.,can easily become a jumbled mess and like why he hasn’t taking that next step yet

Advertisement
Briles went to FSU knowing that Willie was a dead man walking. He had no issues getting a job after only a year. Heading to Arky as the OC. Do you realize that most of the names that we have heard make half of what Enos was being paid. If Miami will pay, it shouldn’t be a problem.

True. But given this Highsmith situation I would want to know what I am walking into. Who the **** is in charge here!?

QB coach/ pass game coordinator- Dorsey
RB coach/ run game coordinator- Canada
OC Fedora

can only dream
Having been a HC at a P5, I thought Fedora was a good option for Manny before he hired the biggest OC bust ever.

Advertisement
There are better options available.

Keeping in mind that the priority is on field production first and recruiting second, Ken has zero recruiting background
Ken is a great qb coach. Cam tells anyone that will listen his progress was thanks to kenny not shula. But as far as an o.c. kenny(all though I love the kid) isnt the kind of personality needed to mesh with children and close families. Hes a acquired taste. He does have a different way he sees the game as well. Not really sure he could relate to alot of kids beyond QBs.

They are going to have to sort that out soon. Bad optics

I agree. But apparently they are putting OC search ahead of this. Should be other way around to get this settled. It's spotlighting internal struggles for the world to see. Who wants that?

I’d take Dorsey as a qb coach, that’s it though. When cam newton was playing at his best Dorsey was there with him. In Josh Allen’s emergence season for the bills, Dorsey is also his qb coach

Advertisement
Ken is a great qb coach. Cam tells anyone that will listen his progress was thanks to kenny not shula. But as far as an o.c. kenny(all though I love the kid) isnt the kind of personality needed to mesh with children and close families. Hes a acquired taste. He does have a different way he sees the game as well. Not really sure he could relate to alot of kids beyond QBs.
Luckily, QB is the most important position on the field. We desperately need a QB friendly coach. I don't mean friendly as in friendly, I mean friendly as in doing what is best for them to improve. Dorsey is that dude.

I wouldn't want him calling plays right now, but I'd love to have him here to help fix the QB room, and also help whoever the OC is to identify what his QBs can, and can not do so well so they can game plan around it.

Advertisement
Did you read what I asked? He’s done well with QBs but that doesn’t automatically translate to putting together a system, installing, game planning then executing it.,can easily become a jumbled mess and like why he hasn’t taking that next step yet
I didn’t say it did “automatically” translate big guy.

I gave my opinion that Ken will do well as an OC when he gets the opportunity. That’s it. Not sure what is so difficult to grasp. Just read the words.

I live in Boone, NC. I was so pumped when Drink hired him at App St. Then I was bummed a few weeks later when he left. I thought we'd be having beers together all the time at the local brewery. ****. :p

# BRING ALONZO HIGHSMITH TO UM AND LET HIM MAKE THOSE DECISIONS

Attachments

• D00E0E6E-A173-4647-B41A-CEDE3D4AFCF6.jpeg
    D00E0E6E-A173-4647-B41A-CEDE3D4AFCF6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back