"...I know he's on Miami's radar..." -Feldman (re: Ken Dorsey)

There are better options available.

Keeping in mind that the priority is on field production first and recruiting second, Ken has zero recruiting background
I agree somewhat, Kenny doesn't strike me as a closer with recruiting.

Advertisement
The two teams in the title game have Co-OCs.

Its just the way things are now. We should probably do this. We really stink at the single OC thing.
Depends on who the other co-OC would be, and whether he would be okay with sharing the title. Also dependent on whether the other guy is a QB guy. If we get an OL coach to be co-OC, then it makes a little sense.

But really the top Miami guys I would like to see return are Zo and Barrow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have to disagree with you on this. Joe Brady had no play calling experience before going to LSU and he still doesn't call them full time now, yet we all want him. Yes he brought Sean Payton offense in and help gameplan and thats similar to how any OC under Norvell, Jimbo, and etc doesn't call the plays but still has the OC title and help game plan and make suggestions on what they see during the game from the booth mostly. Ed will tell you how the playcalling works at LSU in the link.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-...ion-about-joe-bradys-long-term-plan/85318342/

Who is to say that Dorsey won't cut it b/c he hasn't called plays before, we don't know if he is the next Joe Brady or not. First time play callers happen everywhere with success sometimes and without others. Reports are Andy Reid is about to make Mike Kafka his OC without any play calling experience if Eric Bieniemy gets a HC job.
Joe Brady was Joe Brady in large part because he learned offense under the genius Sean Payton. Brady wasn’t a huge gamble because of his pedigree and his intelligence.

Who has Dorsey learned under? The awful Mike Shula? Larry Coker? Daboll? Daboll’s a good OC, but he’s not anywhere near Payton and more of a standard old school nfl style guy.

Luckily, QB is the most important position on the field. We desperately need a QB friendly coach. I don't mean friendly as in friendly, I mean friendly as in doing what is best for them to improve. Dorsey is that dude.

I wouldn't want him calling plays right now, but I'd love to have him here to help fix the QB room, and also help whoever the OC is to identify what his QBs can, and can not do so well so they can game plan around it.
Yeah I'd agree. However the role you speak on (assuming you're saying only as a qb coach)would be a rather large step down for him as hes already well regarded in that role in the nfl. Not even sure what his day tonday is right now so only way I can see that happening is if hes somehow unemployed. Maybe that's the case.

In September they were saying he makes 90% of a calls to an offense that Brady installed, designed and that Ensminger ran nothing similar to before. Y’all believe that?

Only an imbecile would believe that nonsense. On top of that, every time they show the coaches’ box, Brady is calling in plays while Ensminger sits there with his mouth agape and a glazed look in his eyes.

Do these easily duped gentlemen ever stop to think that LSU is trying to give Ensminger some credit because he’s a good company guy and didn’t raise any commotion when a 29 year old came in and installed an entirely new offense?

Yeah I'd agree. However the role you speak on (assuming you're saying only as a qb coach)would be a rather large step down for him as hes already well regarded in that role in the nfl. Not even sure what his day tonday is right now so only way I can see that happening is if hes somehow unemployed. Maybe that's the case.
He would deserve a Co-OC role, in my opinion. No way he'd be JUST a QB coach in college when he is that in the NFL.

Advertisement
The other piece of the puzzle that can’t be left out is Burrow. They don’t put anything in without running it by Burrow, constantly asking “What do you think of this?” or “What don’t you like?” or “On this down and distance what are your favorite plays?” They built their playbook with through what works for Burrow.

Wow imagine that.

Building your offense exactly to what makes your quarterback most comfortable.

It’s not just the X’s and O’s. They built everything on the foundation that their quarterback was completely comfortable with what was going on in every situation.

When your guy knows you won’t force stuff on him and expose his weaknesses, he can cut loose and play every play with confidence. You get that momentum going in the offseason and don’t derail it with ego, you can raise a quarterback’s completion percentage 20 point in a year and make him a record breaking Heisman winner.

Only an imbecile would believe that nonsense. On top of that, every time they show the coaches’ box, Brady is calling in plays while Ensminger sits there with his mouth agape and a glazed look in his eyes.

Do these easily duped gentlemen ever stop to think that LSU is trying to give Ensminger some credit because he’s a good company guy and didn’t raise any commotion when a 29 year old came in and installed an entirely new offense?

They've been saying the same things since the offseason...before any of this worked or anyone had any success. The story has not changed.

Im not sure why there is a need to be conspiratorial with so much documentation over 6+ months outlining their relationship and how the dynamic works. Its pretty clear and long documented. No one is saying Ensminger deserves equal recognition, but he also wasn't sitting there collecting checks from a preemo box seat either.

Joe Brady was Joe Brady in large part because he learned offense under the genius Sean Payton. Brady wasn’t a huge gamble because of his pedigree and his intelligence.

Who has Dorsey learned under? The awful Mike Shula? Larry Coker? Daboll? Daboll’s a good OC, but he’s not anywhere near Payton and more of a standard old school nfl style guy.

And you know his pedigree and intelligence how because he was given a chance and it worked year or because he your cousin? Lol he worked under Payton from 2017-2018 and you knew this wasn’t a gamble so why didn’t you suggest we get him last year.
Stop it with the nonsense he was a gamble just like the Mike Kafka (of the cheifs) , Ken Dorsey, and whom ever else that is highly regarded but has never called plays will be when they get their chance. Are they gambled worth taking of course, but nevertheless they are gambles. There are no guarantees, they all have to write their own book of work.

Advertisement
lol at meshing with children and close families (not a shot at you obviously just at how these coaches in general have to act with the sideshow). i hope we get a guy that would tell these families to stay the **** out of the business and let me coach. our kids are too soft and need someone to discipline the **** out of them. also hope ken tells manny to shut off his twitter permanently and learn how to coach
Both arent practical in this climate. Not just miami but society in general. With social media being what it is,it entitles most individuals far FAR too much access to things that they shouldnt be privy too. With that access comes a sense of knowledge & understanding of things most dont comprehend. It also promotes the idea of kids being coddled. I'm sure this answer is gonna get some amusing responses on here. Those are also things that are necessities for recruiting. A head coaches actual responsibilities are limited for recruiting (the only way mandy has a chance since he himself is a horrible recruiter)all positions under him are the people who sell the university. Kenny I think might struggle in those capacities. Other than being a prick it's the main reason stumble**** is horrible for his position. He is eccentric and only certain people will get him.

Ensminger called plays last year & their offense was horrendous...

Then Orgeron brings in a Sean Payton/Joe Lombardi disciple & all of the sudden they become the best offense in college football & set school records in yards & scoring...

But Ensminger is still calling plays... I wonder what changed from his play calling in 2018 to 2019???

Weird to see a 61 year old man have such a revelation in just one offseason to call plays completely different than he's ever done in his entire career.

Oh & his daughter in law literally tragically died in a plane crash just hours before their playoff game vs Oklahoma but I'm sure he was in the right headspace to call those plays that resulted in 692yds of total offense & 7 passing TD's, something he's never done ever once in his entire career as an OC.

He would deserve a Co-OC role, in my opinion. No way he'd be JUST a QB coach in college when he is that in the NFL.
Absolutely. Than you get to the problem of financing and only having so many jobs on any staff. Obviously its bigger picture. The bigger picture is mandy already has his two buddies as co DC wasting two spots and collecting good checks. It's not practical to get kenny who would need a substantial pay cut as a co oc when youd also need a legit oc to take a co role at a real rate and not take the title as an insult all while still allocating funds and the set number of positions adequately. Just ALOT of things to finagle. Maybe Mandy's father can help out.

Advertisement
Back