Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference in philosophy has a lot to do with DVD. He’s been street level with a lot of these kids the last few years. We are supposed to be recruiting nationally. I have no problem with it. Especially after getting burned last year. Elam is going to UF.

No ..just ...No.

Advertisement
A thread about cb recruiting..who are we supposed to talk about...Clint Hurtt?

Arent you the genius that was sucking off Surtain Sr...even though Rumph was his mfing BOSS and the man who GAVE SURTAIN HIS JOB? lol bro, stop fronting already. Admit you hate the man and move on.

Advertisement
Arent you the genius that was sucking off Surtain Sr...even though Rumph was his mfing BOSS and the man who GAVE SURTAIN HIS JOB? lol bro, stop fronting already. Admit you hate the man and move on.
So just because Rumph went to Miami we're supposed to pretend that Surtain Sr. didn't have a better NFL career?

A thread about cb recruiting..who are we supposed to talk about...Clint Hurtt?

You never miss an opportunity to take a shot at him. Even if the thread isn't about "DB's" but carry on...

New DB Offer Out In Georgia
Miami's defensive back board has grown by one.

Griffin (Ga.) Spalding Top247 wide receiver Zion Puckett told InsideTheU on Friday that he picked up an offer from the Hurricanes after talking with cornerback coach Mike Rumph and new defensive analyst Demarcus VanDyke..
Puckett is being recruited by most schools to play offense, but UM apparently likes him on defense. He recently visited Ohio State and Alabama and has also taken trips to Florida and South Carolina.
The rising senior checks in at 6-1, 190 pounds. He totaled 40 tackles, one interception and one tackle for a loss last season.

That just tells you Rumph don't think they make SFL kids like they use to anymore (in terms of a dying love for the U). If I was in his position I would do the same. I hope we stretch further west. USC is the only program that has bags out west and most $EC schools don't recruit pass the south. I'm over this 'SFL 3 Star = Everyone else 4 Star' concept. In today's recruiting these sites (love 'em or hate 'em) are pretty **** accurate now a days and they can evaluate far more players accurately compare to the 80's, 90's, and 2000's. A 3 star is a 3 star and a 4 star is a 4 star no matter where they are. Just go get me the elite level of talent IDC where.

Advertisement
The staff finally realized great teams recruit the entire country .....the internet is a powerful tool these days....why not have your assistant search for OOS talent? You never know who might be interested ....its easy to recruit kids in your own back yard on a regular basis ....you win some...you lose some....this staff has a great winning percentage.....just need more OOS talent to compensate losses ...like I've said many times before....teams like bama, osu , clems, uga etc...have built strong relationships in sfla......its going to ne very difficult to "completely" take it back.....

Until the sofla kids stop getting brainwashed by bags and we keep winning we can’t keep trying to put our eggs in the sofla basket. These kids down here just can’t expect us to recruit them just so they can dip and leave us hanging.
There are kids with p5 offers that are shook that a sofla kid is gonna take theire spot at ND, Stanford, UGA, bama and clemson. But these sofla kids are certain that no oos stud wants to come here and they can hold on for bags attention, edits or whatever else they want.
That’s going to change. If we win 10 games with the new facilities and dorms we will have a huge recruiting footprint. When we start (and we will) getting kids like porter jr and Ringo from AZ, The kids down here will think twice about treating us like a side chick to play footsies. I think what the staff is doing is a good idea.
If Nebraska can recruit kids out of sofla we can recruit kids out of anywhere. Some of us in here including myself thought that it would be a no brained to win and they will come. Upgrade facilities and they will come. Well that sh.t ain’t working as much as we wanted. No betrer way to get A girl curious Than to have her see you with another chick. If we start getting visits and commitments from a lot of elite nationwide recruits it only makes our shine brighter.
Win here with your brothers or watch some kid from AZ, Cali or PA raise a trophy with you homentown team.

Advertisement
We absolutely should be prioritizing Florida for Skill position players, Thats without a doubt. But there are limits to that.

The staff clearly just isn't as high on the South Florida crop of CBs this year. DB or WR, isn't a position I'd normally want to recruit nationally. There has to be certain circumstances. The circumstances here are just that the CB class simply isn't that good. Definitely not even close to last years class.

However, that doesn't mean we're not recruiting any Florida CBs, it just means none of them are currently takes. This may very well change in the next few months or just before November/December when the staff has done some more evaluations. Chris Steele is an elite prospect, way better than any CB we're going after.

I will still say its stupid we're not going after Kaiir Elam

LOL Now we have people convinced the reason is bc Rumph doesn't think the crop of athletes in South Florida is good anymore.

How about it's bc Rumph is a lazy, horrible recruiter that only has a job bc Richt promised him one after he delivered Sony Michel?

Worst Corch that has maybe ever been on staff is Mike Rumph.

LOL Now we have people convinced the reason is bc Rumph doesn't think the crop of athletes in South Florida is good anymore.

How about it's bc Rumph is a lazy, horrible recruiter that only has a job bc Richt promised him one after he delivered Sony Michel?

What a moron lol please don’t come back to this cite

Advertisement

Rumph gave surtain sr a job??...whoa whoa...didnt know he had pull like that in s.fla over Pat Surtain lmao. I didnt know he was that down n out that Rumph had to throw him a lifeline.
Have no reason to hate him..yall just overstate his value as a coach big time. He was one of my fav players growing up.

So waited to get fired to give him a job?
So what if he dIsn’t? Rumph was gonna go all stormy Daniels and start talking to everybody about how shady that recruitment was?

I'm torn.

On one hand, I hate leaving South Florida for DBs. But I'm really down on this year's crop. The only big-timers I see are Stevenson and maybe Battle. Davis and Couch are solid but small, and Sango might be more of an offensive guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back