Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So who are all these elite So Fl CBs that you all are wanting us to take this year?

They obviously like Ivey and Gil(who most of y'all wrote off at CB) a lot and don't like the talent down here this year. Stop acting like our D is in dire straits when it's not.

Are you sure it's a kid from Louisiana, or are you talking about Maurice Hampton who's committed to LSU? He's actually from Memphis Tenn.

The 2019 class isn't as deep at CB in South Fla as it was last year. Elam & Stevenson are the top 2 DB's in the South Fla imo. There are a number of good prospects, but not a lot of flashy big name 4-stars that everyone loves.

Colorado, UCF & Iowa could all have CB's drafted in the 1st round this year & none of them were "Elites" coming out of HS. CB recruiting is a sweet science, I'm of the belief that you don't always have to have a HS superstar in order to find a good one as long as you can develop him in your system.

That said, it's still just April, crootin season doesn't take hold til Dec-Jan & it's a guarantee things will change. Some guys may not be a take now, then suddenly become a take later & vice versa.

As long as we don't drop the ball with Stevenson & Richards (even though he's gonna be a RB/WR) I'm good with that.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's a kid from Louisiana, or are you talking about Maurice Hampton who's committed to LSU? He's actually from Memphis Tenn.

The 2019 class isn't as deep at CB in South Fla as it was last year. Elam & Stevenson are the top 2 DB's in the South Fla imo. There are a number of good prospects, but not a lot of flashy big name 4-stars that everyone loves.

Colorado, UCF & Iowa will all have CB's drafted in the 1st round this year & none of them were "Elites" coming out of HS. CB recruiting is a sweet science, I'm of the belief that you don't always have to have a HS superstar in order to find a good one as long as you can develop him in your system.

That said, it's still just April, crootin season doesn't take hold til Dec-Jan & it's a guarantee things will change. Some guys may not be a take now, then suddenly become a take later & vice versa.

As long as we don't drop the ball with Stevenson & Richards (even though he's gonna be a RB/WR) I'm good with that.

Derek Stingley Jr.

Advertisement
Plain idiotic. Jaden Davis is an elite corner, basically a bigger version of Asante Samuel. We didn’t need Asante last year because we had young and bandy to take care of pesky tiny slot receivers. But young is done. If bandy gets hurt, who comes in to guard the Jeff Thomas and Harley types?
All ill say to that is jaden davis is not a bigger version of anyone. He is built like a 6th grader.

To highlight how retarded this is if true, we could literally lock down Dixon, Davis, and Elam and have the best cb class in the nation.

The staff must be very confident about our current dB/defense situation and feel that the on field product is going to be a very strong selling point.

Advertisement
Lousiana - Derek Stingley Jr.
Cali - Chris Steele (already noted)
Alabama - Christian Williams (committed to Bama)

I get the point of your post (highlighting lack of CB talent this year in SFL), but Stingley and Williams are longshots

And Steele as a long shot

Absolutely idiotic if true.

3 OOS kids in states that we rarely do well in. Genius. For those guys to be our TOP targets is just not smart.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back