Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are not all over a South Florida kid who is elite because we offered a kid from Pennsylvania? I'm sure the kid Porter is elite but that doesn't mean we just stop recruiting the studs in our backyard.
Staff wants the Big boys! And yes Rique is one of the Big Boys!

Advertisement
Staff wants the Big boys! And yes Rique is one of the Big Boys!
Of course they want the big boys. I never said they didn't. Obviously Tyrique Stevenson is one of they big boys and he is my no1 DB. My point was that I also consider Elam in the big boy category and think we should still recruit him hard regardless of any OOS offers we have given out.

Give me Stevenson, Sanguinetti, and Elam then cherry pick from OOS.

Look at Porter Jrs highlights he’s definitely elite https://t.co/yE6iFGnPVv
Once again I never said he isn't. My point is to continue recruiting the best S FL kids no matter how many OOS offers we are giving out. If Porter wants in then great but I'm certainly not into the idea of slow playing a deserving local kid because we may have a shot at an OOS guy.

Y'all insane. Wasn't getting pity visits and screwed by Campbell and Sustain enough? I'm glad we're taking this approach now that doesn't mean abandon SFL but we're casting a much wider net so we don't get screwed in the end by all these SFL divas. Some dudes OOS bleed more orange and green then dudes who grew up in Canes diapers. Now go snag me some more DJ Dallas OOS croots.

Advertisement
Y'all insane. Wasn't getting pity visits and screwed by Campbell and Sustain enough? I'm glad we're taking this approach now that doesn't mean abandon SFL but we're casting a much wider net so we don't get screwed in the end by all these SFL divas. Some dudes OOS bleed more orange and green then dudes who grew up in Canes diapers. Now go snag me some more DJ Dallas OOS croots.
Here we go!!! Someone that gets it!!!

Good lord. Thats what yall think. I dont tell yall a fraction of the **** we discuss & regardless of my nephew i been a part of this university since birth. Nothing i discuss on here is anything thats wanted to be kept in house. Whats in house is inhouse. Not meant for everyone. Stuff i discuss with yall pertains to opinions more than anything else. Its irrelevant to know which kids were recruiting & who were not. No matter who gets butt hurt (myself included) that wont change. Regardless as i previously said alot less time can be spent on here due to compliance. If thats how everyone thinks like i just tell yall everything than ill fix that now. I dont do anything thats harmful in anyway to the university. Thanks for opening my eyes though.

That was informative, thank you. Also I clearly stated I didn't think you posted about everything you converse with the support team/staff. The only thing I was pondering is if it was made public on a forum (that the recruits read) that some kids who are offered aren't takes at the moment would bite the coaching staff in the **** later. That was my only concern.

Advertisement
Whats your take on our qb offers out for 19?

My take is that is was completely retarded to not offer Taisun and it's absolutely inexcusable to just let him walk to Clemson without even as much as an offer. The kid has the goods.

Other than that, I'm OK with the offers. But QB and DB in South Florida are totally different animals. If you want to swing for the fences with a kid like Steele, I'm fine with that. But he's a pipedream. Life is all about probability and risk. The probability of that kid signing with Miami is very low. So if you're saying that he's "higher" on the board because it's ranked by pure talent, I'm fine with that. But if it's talent combined with likelihood to come here, then that's ridiculous.....i.e the staff shouldn't be making a 1 in 50 chance kid from California a priority over someone like Kaiir Elam.

Theres also another kid from Arizona. Something Ringo.
Dee, thanks for bringing the information to us. I'm glad to see the discussion has been civil thus far as well. Whatever the info, positive or negative, we're all more informed as a result due to your connections to the program and who you talk to. Thanks as always! And at worst.... We have additional things to bounce around during the off-season.

I don't care for Asante Samuel Jr. or Jaden Davis but Kaiir Elam looks like a promising press corner prospect much like Al Blades Jr. or Closebert/Delaney. And he's more physical than those guys.

Porter Jr. looks like a more polished Frierson.

Advertisement
If we dont sign a single SoFLA Corner this year, that is very telling about the level of talent this year.
Absolutely idiotic if true.

3 OOS kids in states that we rarely do well in. Genius. For those guys to be our TOP targets is just not smart.
Compared to the S. FL divas that clown us every year??? Wouldn't that be a lesson to these kids in coming classes that we don't have to beg them & play teenager games like in past years. If the oos kids seem like long shots, re-adjust the board before December.

THANK YOU!!!

I get so sick of the S. Florida divas who are only out for attention and big bags. They are just playing games and jerking UM around.

Focus on S. Florida first but spot the divas and cross them off the list. I am 100% good with OOS dogs who truly want to represent for the U!

Good lord. Thats what yall think. I dont tell yall a fraction of the **** we discuss & regardless of my nephew i been a part of this university since birth. Nothing i discuss on here is anything thats wanted to be kept in house. Whats in house is inhouse. Not meant for everyone. Stuff i discuss with yall pertains to opinions more than anything else. Its irrelevant to know which kids were recruiting & who were not. No matter who gets butt hurt (myself included) that wont change. Regardless as i previously said alot less time can be spent on here due to compliance. If thats how everyone thinks like i just tell yall everything than ill fix that now. I dont do anything thats harmful in anyway to the university. Thanks for opening my eyes though.
Welp...so much for the civil discourse I praised and posted about above. I understand the skepticism because Ariz probably got used to leak things but as a former player who stays close to the program and uncle of BH, I'm sure Dee is viewed and treated differently than reporters for message boards.

Can't we all just be happy that Dee doesn't owe us bubkis (Yiddish for nothing but feel free to substitute in mierda) and he posts tidbits for us to chew on from time to time?

Some people hate hearing this but you know recruiting is fluid. Not everything goes as planned. Sometimes Dee misses but the coaches are missing too because kids are kids and will do their kid things. Just look at Tyrell Byrdshît and Josh Joke.

Dee was talking about Taisun Phoma-however you spell his name way back when I'm sure a good amount of us knew nada about him and he was saying we needed to lock him down. Richt, Jr. and/or Sr. may like Michael Johnson, Jr. better but Clemson went and got Tai even with the competition he plays in Connecticutt that was pointed out and I think fairly. They've been pulling in top QB's for years under Dabo. He's good enough for him so there's that.

Can't we all just be happy we get something from someone connected who owes us nothing? Can't we all have nice things?

Advertisement
Compared to the S. FL divas that clown us every year??? Wouldn't that be a lesson to these kids in coming classes that we don't have to beg them & play teenager games like in past years. If the oos kids seem like long shots, re-adjust the board before December.

Man please, you all can spin this any way you want to make you feel better. In a year where we need atleast 3 corners, our top 3 targets being in LA, CA, and AL is not smart. idgaf what anyone says. I'm not shooting my digust at Rumph or anyone in particular, Richt should know better than this to allow this to take place. Even if we get Steele, we need 2 more and there are plenty here in the state.

The same "divas that clown us" are the same kids that everyone claims were not coming here to begin with and claim that is the reason that we "we didn't lose them". Lol, which one is it?

New DB Offer Out In Georgia
Miami's defensive back board has grown by one.

Griffin (Ga.) Spalding Top247 wide receiver Zion Puckett told InsideTheU on Friday that he picked up an offer from the Hurricanes after talking with cornerback coach Mike Rumph and new defensive analyst Demarcus VanDyke..
Puckett is being recruited by most schools to play offense, but UM apparently likes him on defense. He recently visited Ohio State and Alabama and has also taken trips to Florida and South Carolina.
The rising senior checks in at 6-1, 190 pounds. He totaled 40 tackles, one interception and one tackle for a loss last season.

The difference in philosophy has a lot to do with DVD. He’s been street level with a lot of these kids the last few years. We are supposed to be recruiting nationally. I have no problem with it. Especially after getting burned last year. Elam is going to UF.

If we don't recruit SoFl CBs Rumph can't miss on SoFl CBs.......amiright?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back