Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If the coaches/staff members are telling BD something they obviously don't care if it goes public. I'm sure through the grape vine they know Hightowers' uncle posts **** to this public forum which then leaks everywhere (not saying he's telling all they say, but you get the point). Sometimes they might even use him to get info out there who knows.

Hopefully this stuff doesn't end up biting us in the *** with kids that aren't "takes" right now but are come February. Hopefully the coaches learn from the previous arrogance they've shown.

listen to this man lol Brooklyndee has been wrong more times then a broken clock

I'm torn.

On one hand, I hate leaving South Florida for DBs. But I'm really down on this year's crop. The only big-timers I see are Stevenson and maybe Battle. Davis and Couch are solid but small, and Sango might be more of an offensive guy.

Last years crop was definately more ELITE.

DMONEY ...Elam is legit. 6'0 ALMOST 6'1 185 with 4.5 speed. Plays press and has top notch footwork. He's in that big timer group.

Agreed- Davis and Couch are small. Jaden isnt that far off though at 5'9 1/2 166 as a possible nickel guy if they want one of those.

I see more evals in the spring. New names to pop up. But i agree with what they are doing..cast a wide net at the spot.

I'll target Elam BIG TIME...and cast another net int he metro atlanta level that produces dbs at a big time rate.

Questioned and obsessive are two different things.

Cw6w9xSXgAEL5IP.jpg

Advertisement
Lousiana - Derek Stingley Jr.
Cali - Chris Steele (already noted)
Alabama - Christian Williams (committed to Bama)

I get the point of your post (highlighting lack of CB talent this year in SFL), but Stingley and Williams are longshots
Steele is a way shot

DMONEY ...Elam is legit. 6'0 ALMOST 6'1 185 with 4.5 speed. Plays press and has top notch footwork. He's in that big timer group.

Agreed- Davis and Couch are small. Jaden isnt that far off though at 5'9 1/2 166 as a possible nickel guy if they want one of those.

I see more evals in the spring. New names to pop up. But i agree with what they are doing..cast a wide net at the spot.

I'll target Elam BIG TIME...and cast another net int he metro atlanta level that produces dbs at a big time rate.

Elam is definitely the most impressive of the bunch. He reminds me of our boy Divaad Wilson. Don’t know what happened there.

Advertisement
Good lord. Thats what yall think. I dont tell yall a fraction of the **** we discuss & regardless of my nephew i been a part of this university since birth. Nothing i discuss on here is anything thats wanted to be kept in house. Whats in house is inhouse. Not meant for everyone. Stuff i discuss with yall pertains to opinions more than anything else. Its irrelevant to know which kids were recruiting & who were not. No matter who gets butt hurt (myself included) that wont change. Regardless as i previously said alot less time can be spent on here due to compliance. If thats how everyone thinks like i just tell yall everything than ill fix that now. I dont do anything thats harmful in anyway to the university. Thanks for opening my eyes though.
Not all of us think this dee. Keep it flowin'!

I agree with all of this while deferring to you bc you see 'em live. I think Elam is the best corner in sofla, and prob a top 15 corner in state, although I think Stevenson is a stud at either position (can see why coaches want him at safety bc of instincts, and physicality)

As for Jaden Davis, I agree 5'9 isn't 5'7...But it seems like a lot of guys saying his overall build is kinda scrawny? Tape is good enough to take IF you want that type of slot corner. If you want an outside guy, obv he's prob not what you're looking for...Same with Couch although Davis seems to be a little more physical and has 20 lbs. on couch. Like Couch on film, but as soon as I saw that 165 was 148, I figured they'd pass.

Given the percentage of our last couple of classes that have been from South Florida, it must be the evaluations that have us leaving the area. Clearly they aren't high on this year's crop. That said, there are always a slug of 3-star South Florida defensive backs who go to schools like Louisville and become first day draft prospects. I am generally not a fan of leaving this area for skill positions, but at the same time we have to be realistic about sticking to our evaluations, while also recognizing that is the Wild Wild West down here and it hasn't been good to us down the stretch. I think it is as much about identifying kids that we think will sign in December and be on board with us, rather than sweating it out looking to change minds of kids who will end up at places like Georgia and Alabama like the two ****suckers from last year.

Advertisement
Crazy how OOS recruits show more love to UM than those in our own backyard.

rumph has clearly learned that to be true. He's not going to let it burn him again. Rumph deserves credit for putting his ego aside and learning from his mistakes.

I'm really happy about this news. If the Florida kids wanted to be canes they would have committed by now. He chased the kids all winter and isn't going to let them drag him along. Shift the focus to high profile out of state kids who will appreciate repeesenting The U.

I can't find the pole but we were ranked in the top 10 for popularity by recruits across the country. So we will get elite kids out of state.

The ideal DB class is Elam, Dixon, and Davis at CB.

Then Stevenson, Smith, and Sanguinetti at safety. Sanguinetti will be plenty big enough by August of 2019 to play the free for us.

This would be the best DB class in the country.

Advertisement
The ideal DB class is Elam, Dixon, and Davis at CB.

Then Stevenson, Smith, and Sanguinetti at safety. Sanguinetti will be plenty big enough by August of 2019 to play the free for us.

This would be the best DB class in the country.

Not after Elam

Most definately is similar. And Divaad was already stealing reps at uga before getting hurt. Both guys who can play fs or cb.
Cant believe they will go back to back and let these guys go, big mistake last year and they shouldn't do that with Elam this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back