Carey update

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any head coach or staff that you feel like you have developed a better relationship with?
I’ve always had the relationship with UM since 8thgrade, just with the coaches getting to know me and me getting to know them, it’s probably the best with UM.

What timeline are you thinking? Do you want to knock this out in November?
Probably like the week after my last visit at Michigan State, I don’t know what weekend but I’ll probably commit right after the early signing period.

https://247sports.com/college/baske...rey-gearing-up-for-official-visits-123011390/

Advertisement
I don't even follow BB recruiting closely but I've read more than once he's enamored with the blue bloods. I'd be very surprised if he ended up at Miami, but you gotta keep trying.

Jr visited Duke this past weekend. He’s already said he wants to sign in the early signing period.

Our chances look better the longer this thing drags out. You’d think if he was all Duke that he would commit sooner than later.

His official is this weekend.

Advertisement
I hope he is a leader and he realizes that it is not the school that puts you in the NBA, it is the talent of the individual. Averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds is what will put him in the NBA and not the name on the front of the uniform.

I hope he is a leader and he realizes that it is not the school that puts you in the NBA, it is the talent of the individual. Averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds is what will put him in the NBA and not the name on the front of the uniform.

Not playing at all next year would still put him in the NBA. One and done is a charade.

Not playing at all next year would still put him in the NBA. One and done is a charade.

All potential "one and done" kids are not alike. Most of them need to go to college so their skills can be properly evaluated against better competition. Lebron was the exception to this rule but Kevin Durant kinda confirms it.

Advertisement
LeBron was not the exception. Kobe, Tracy McGrady, Dwight Howard, Jermaine O'Neal, Kevin Garnett, Moses Malone, Al Harrington, Darryl Dawkins, Rashard Lewis, Reggie Harding, Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudamire, and on and on. Kwame Brown and Eddie Curry were busts. The rest all had long NBA careers, many as All-Stars.

All potential "one and done" kids are not alike. Most of them need to go to college so their skills can be properly evaluated against better competition. Lebron was the exception to this rule but Kevin Durant kinda confirms it.

Agree that all potential one and dones are not alike. Carey is not one that needs to go to college to have his skills evaluated. He should be in the NBA next year, but he's not allowed.

Jr visited Duke this past weekend. He’s already said he wants to sign in the early signing period.

Our chances look better the longer this thing drags out. You’d think if he was all Duke that he would commit sooner than later.

His official is this weekend.
Agreed, he’s officially visited Sparty, Duke, and Kentucky. Has us this weekend and Unc next. Unofficially visited here twice last month and has been here more than any other place so he knows what to expect here.

The positive sign is he hasn’t committed at the 3 schools he’s visited but I know he is taking his time and his visits and gonna assess everything. When does the early signing period end?

Advertisement
Back