Carey update

Advertisement
His last visit is to Miami. You don't want him?
It seems UNC will be his last official, FWIW. I like more the news that Miami has just officially been deleted from the payola lawsuit, effectively clearing us formally from what we already knew was bogus. Hope that helps a bit.

LeBron was not the exception. Kobe, Tracy McGrady, Dwight Howard, Jermaine O'Neal, Kevin Garnett, Moses Malone, Al Harrington, Darryl Dawkins, Rashard Lewis, Reggie Harding, Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudamire, and on and on. Kwame Brown and Eddie Curry were busts. The rest all had long NBA careers, many as All-Stars.
You list is full of the success stories but there have been over 50 kids who attempted to go straight to the NBA and failed. It is not an exact science and it also depends on what you define as success.

You list is full of the success stories but there have been over 50 kids who attempted to go straight to the NBA and failed. It is not an exact science and it also depends on what you define as success.

I consider getting an 8 figure guaranteed contract and a shoe deal a success.

Advertisement
I consider getting an 8 figure guaranteed contract and a shoe deal a success.

So do I but everyone on your list did that but everyone who turned pro out of high school did not. There are a lot of variables in the success and failure rate of the system. I actually think players should get paid in college. Not millions but a couple of thousand is fair.

Advertisement

First round pick is like a winning lottery ticket. That's a guaranteed contract for the first 2-years, which means no less than about $1.5 million to start adulthood. If you're not fortunate enough to play in the NBA, there are many leagues overseas that pay well over 6 figures to play ball. Success doesn't just mean NBA, at least not in my book.

First round pick is like a winning lottery ticket. That's a guaranteed contract for the first 2-years, which means no less than about $1.5 million to start adulthood. If you're not fortunate enough to play in the NBA, there are many leagues overseas that pay well over 6 figures to play ball. Success doesn't just mean NBA, at least not in my book.

I understand your meaning of "success" and you make a valid point. But most of the guys who turn pro want to make $100 plus million dollars playing in the NBA.

Advertisement
What's his natural position? At the U school and in AAU games, understand he liked to play outside
Article on Jr’s visit this weekend.

Hardly earthshaking, but dad wants him here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.su...on-carey-junior-visit-20181025-story,amp.html
In your link, his HS coach points out how much Vernon likes to play on the perimeter. He makes it sound like that was to work on his skills for the pro game. I'd seen an earlier report about how, on the AAU circuit, he often took himself out of the action through that proclivity.

At 6'10, 275, does he want/need to play the 5? Or, does Coach L tell him "you can play wherever you want, young man!"

Advertisement
What's his natural position? At the U school and in AAU games, understand he liked to play outside

In your link, his HS coach points out how much Vernon likes to play on the perimeter. He makes it sound like that was to work on his skills for the pro game. I'd seen an earlier report about how, on the AAU circuit, he often took himself out of the action through that proclivity.

At 6'10, 275, does he want/need to play the 5? Or, does Coach L tell him "you can play wherever you want, young man!"
Coach L better tell him whatever the **** he wants to hear.

He comin?!? We ***** or what?!? Think we have a legit chance at this kid. Dad and family are legacy, still a huge presence in the community. Kid is a 1 and done so, doesn't really matter if he goes to Duke, UNC, or us. Coach L is a quality coach. We play in the ACC against top competition. Carey would be the premier star on the team opposed to being 1 of many a Duke or UNC...I am going bold and think we snag him

Basketball team went go karting, guess who was with them 🧐

Attachments

• 6702B0C3-FB49-450B-9AB5-BAD2C4117FA6.jpeg
    6702B0C3-FB49-450B-9AB5-BAD2C4117FA6.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 102
Saw that Vernon Carey and the family visited the indoor praactice facility, obviously not for basketball facilities but that whole family loves the football program so that has to be nice to see too for Carey sr

Advertisement
Back