Carey update

Advertisement
I'm thinking these high profile recruiting battles never seem to turn out well for us, but I remain optimistic.
Lately these recruitments have been going in our favor. Would have had a great chance at Nasir little if that fbi probe was never brought up and we had just come off of landing 2 5 stars in dewan huell and Bruce brown in 2016 and then 5 star Lonnie walker and a top 50 player in Chris Lykes who would have been a 5star If he was 6’1

Lately these recruitments have been going in our favor. Would have had a great chance at Nasir little if that fbi probe was never brought up and we had just come off of landing 2 5 stars in dewan huell and Bruce brown in 2016 and then 5 star Lonnie walker and a top 50 player in Chris Lykes who would have been a 5star If he was 6’1

Brown Jr and Walker IV were kind of out of nowhere signings. There was no drama at all. Different situation with VCJ. It's not Willie Williams level, but it's kind of a circus.

Periods are your friend, Brock.

Advertisement
tc, so true. What's a mystery to me is how several have gone the whole year (or more) to become eligible, practicing with the team, acclimating to the university, etc. and then ... they suddenly quit or get the boot just before they could finally start playing. Makes no sense. In that 12 month period, you'd think the staff and kid would've come to that kind of decision far earlier!

Advertisement
Miami, Duke, Michigan St.

Bring this home Coach L!

Sounds really like Duke or Miami. 50/50. Question is does he want to possibly split time with lots of other 5 stars and potentially have limited minutes or stay home and have the entire offense run through him? He'll likely put up better numbers at Miami and get drafted higher.

Advertisement
Sounds really like Duke or Miami. 50/50. Question is does he want to possibly split time with lots of other 5 stars and potentially have limited minutes or stay home and have the entire offense run through him? He'll likely put up better numbers at Miami and get drafted higher.

He'll be drafted exactly the same regardless of where he goes to college for a year.

He'll be drafted exactly the same regardless of where he goes to college for a year.

Earlier in the thread I showed that 6 out of the last 7 years, the #1 pick did not come from one of the bball blue bloods like Duke or Kentucky even though those teams undoubtedly have the most elite recruits. My guess is that the best players at non bluebloods get more chances to showcase their skills. So no, statistically it is unlikely that he will be drafted the same whether he goes to Miami or Duke. Miami or Michigan State? Possibly the same, but not Duke.

Exactly right! Duke would rebut your "numbers" argument (which is a good one) with "he'll get much more publicity/national exposure at Duke." Which is also true.

Advertisement
https://247sports.com/college/north...al-Visit-Keion-Brooks-Vernon-Carey-124077422/

Statement from the article from the Carolina perspective.

While surprising isn’t necessarily the most apt word, it is a tad unexpected that Carey is going through with the visit. That’s not to say he’s already made his decision, but it’s difficult to see a fit from a North Carolina perspective and there’s been a distinct lack of UNC buzz around his recruitment.

The Tar Heels already have Armando Bacot committed in the class of 2019, as well as the trio of sophomore bigs – Garrison Brooks, Brandon Huffman, and Sterling Manley – who will most likely still be at UNC as juniors. That’s already four scholarship players ready to play minutes at two positions.

When you read the article, does it sound like Carolina is saying they don't need VCJ? If so, I hope he comes to Miami and plays harder against them.

Advertisement
Back