Carey update

Advertisement
We're all just guessing, but his comments on MSU seemed a lot weaker than for the other two.
Evans and Borzello still saying MSU, based on first visit this year. Still seems up in the air enough for us to have some hope though. But I do HATE the analysts that explicitly say "Miami xx% - only cause his Dad went there".

North Carolina is taking a swing at top 40 big man Zeke Nnaji

On Sunday, the fluid and skilled 6-foot-10 big man returned home from his fifth and final official visit, to Purdue -- after previously seeing Arizona, Baylor, Kansas and UCLA. Sunday night, Nnaji and his family hosted Roy Williams and his staff for an official visit and the Tar Heels coach offered a scholarship.

Carolina has been scrambling to get involved with another skilled big man since being cut by Jeremiah Robinson-Earl a few weeks ago and after kicking the tires on Nnaji, they are all in in an attempt to get him.

This was part of an article I read on rivals.com today. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-late-entrant-in-the-race-for-zeke-nnaji-

I find the timing interesting since VCJ was just on his official visit to UNC on Friday and Saturday then the coaching staff at UNC offers another big on Sunday. I could be wrong but when I read between the lines, it sounds like VCJ told the coaches that he is not coming to Carolina or the coaches got the feeling that he is not coming since they offer a kid with no official visits left a scholarship the very next day after the visit. It sounds like UNC is desperate.

What do you think?

North Carolina is taking a swing at top 40 big man Zeke Nnaji

On Sunday, the fluid and skilled 6-foot-10 big man returned home from his fifth and final official visit, to Purdue -- after previously seeing Arizona, Baylor, Kansas and UCLA. Sunday night, Nnaji and his family hosted Roy Williams and his staff for an official visit and the Tar Heels coach offered a scholarship.

Carolina has been scrambling to get involved with another skilled big man since being cut by Jeremiah Robinson-Earl a few weeks ago and after kicking the tires on Nnaji, they are all in in an attempt to get him.

This was part of an article I read on rivals.com today. https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-late-entrant-in-the-race-for-zeke-nnaji-

I find the timing interesting since VCJ was just on his official visit to UNC on Friday and Saturday then the coaching staff at UNC offers another big on Sunday. I could be wrong but when I read between the lines, it sounds like VCJ told the coaches that he is not coming to Carolina or the coaches got the feeling that he is not coming since they offer a kid with no official visits left a scholarship the very next day after the visit. It sounds like UNC is desperate.

What do you think?

I'm afraid the stench from the football locker room is going to scare Carey away.

Advertisement
Carolina is more of a destination for Cole Anthony than Jr.

You might be right but I don't feel that way. I think Cole Anthony is going to wait until after the college basketball season ends and the draft process has completed so he knows exactly who will be on the team when he decides to pick a school.
Hypothetically, Miami would be in a pretty good position to lure Cole Anthony if Vernon Carey Jr and CJ Walker commit to the Canes to add to the 2019 recruiting class. Even if Dewan turns pro (I expect him to after this season) and everyone graduates (Anthony Lawrence, Ebuka Izundu and Zach Johnson), the Canes returns an experienced core (7 good players) to go along with a very talented recruiting class.
The key would be the sales pitch. Does Coach L sell him that he will play two PGs (Lykes and Anthony) or does Coach L tell Anthony he needs to beat out Lykes to start?
Plus, his dad living in South Florida is a factor so let's see how this one plays out as this one could get interesting if a few dominoes fall in favor of Miami.

Advertisement
Was talking to a friend of mine who is buisness partners with Carey’s dad. Said he visited Michigan State & hated the cold lol, said he loves Duke (obviously), but said in the end he thinks he stays home & picks Miami.

Gotta love the insiders

Advertisement
Was talking to a friend of mine who is buisness partners with Carey’s dad. Said he visited Michigan State & hated the cold lol, said he loves Duke (obviously), but said in the end he thinks he stays home & picks Miami.
Jeez man haha

Advertisement
Crippling day for UM athletics.

Jt4 gone
Walker picks Oregon(thought he was a lock)
Not even in top 3 for Vernon Carey

It's obviously easy to say now but I've found Carey to be a slightly weird kid bordering on being soft. He's obviously a legit baller on the high school level but it'll be interesting to see how he progresses to the next level and the much much bigger stage.

That said, today was still devastating. We can't take these type of misses (especially Walker).

We need to get 2-3 more guys. I knew we had a slim chance for Carney but I thought we def would have gotten Cj Walker

If 6 is the number.

4 HS Seniors
1 Grad Transfer PF/C (Immediately Eligibility)
1 Transfer Sit-Out PF/C (Must Sit Out)

Advertisement
Back