BOB to the Hokies - rumor

About as good of a hire as they will get over there if true. Was whatever at Penn State but that was under sanctions. Could definitely be a problem but hates recruiting. Will bolt for the NFL in a year or two if he’s decent there.

Advertisement
Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN
It’s probably good for VA Tech. I thought they’d get Chadwell and was hoping it wouldn’t be Freeze.

Intradasting if true...

Some on here seemed to think he was a jerk, but a really solid coach.

As I've said in the past, as long as Miami is rising from the ashes like an orange and green Phoenix, I'm cool with, and even want, VT to be competitive again.

Look, I want us to stay in the ACC and I want the ACC to get competitive again. We weren't always terrible. For years, the ACC always had one of the best bowl records out of the major conferences and we've been on the slide.

If the U can come back (I believe we are) and some other schools in our conference can thicken up, this is all good for Cane Nation.
I hate him

/kidding

I think it’s a solid hire for them. I watched him a lot at PSU and he didn’t seem to mesh well with college though that was a long time ago

VT is really struggling in general as a program and I don’t know that he’s the guy to move the needle but for them it’s probably going to be met with positives

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate him

/kidding

I think it’s a solid hire for them. I watched him a lot at PSU and he didn’t seem to mesh well with college though that was a long time ago

VT is really struggling in general as a program and I don’t know that he’s the guy to move the needle but for them it’s probably going to be met with positives
Objectively, he’s a decent coach. Program wise, I don’t know if he’s a good fit at tech. He hates recruiting and Tech isn’t even a Top 30 job in the country. Either way he’d bolt for another job or the NFL in a year or two.

Advertisement
Lol!

Manny’s not staying bro, we’re hiring Mario, just have to wait until this weekend or something...
Still doesn't make it better 😅 Mario was my #3 choice

1 Lane
2 BOB
3 Mario

Bob is a better football coach then Mario, that dude had Justin Herbert looking like a bum... He's just an elite recruiter. So I'm hoping we will just have better talent then everyone in the ACC. We're still going to have hire a high end OC and DC with Mario plus give him a huge salary.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have to agree here.

VT would have been a lot more dangerous with someone like High Freeze. O’Brien will be mediocre there.
Agree, Freeze would have been a dangerous fit there. O'Brien will be mediocre just like we are. He and manny can swap notes.

Agree, Freeze would have been a dangerous fit there. O'Brien will be mediocre just like we are. He and manny can swap notes.
I don't think Many people have followed bill O Brien career, He's had 5 Winning seasons in 6 years as a NFL HC, he's won 4 Division Titles in 6 years. He's coached every position on offense outside of OL, he's worked under some of the greatest coaches in football.

Advertisement
Back