BOB to the Hokies - rumor

Advertisement

travel Alabama for a living, with Bama's success anything less than 50-0 against opponent is cause for a crisis. last time i looked their QB was a Heisman finalist & the play calling on 99 yard drive to send game to OT against Auburn looked to be play off worthy play calling.Also factor in talent level which is very good on this years team but not at the level it was during Kiffin and Sarks time at Bama....... look at Oline as well as Dline..... they had what 6 yards rushing against LSU
their fan base makes ours look mellow......
O Brian os a very good hire....

Advertisement
travel Alabama for a living, with Bama's success anything less than 50-0 against opponent is cause for a crisis. last time i looked their QB was a Heisman finalist & the play calling on 99 yard drive to send game to OT against Auburn looked to be play off worthy play calling.Also factor in talent level which is very good on this years team but not at the level it was during Kiffin and Sarks time at Bama....... look at Oline as well as Dline..... they had what 6 yards rushing against LSU
their fan base makes ours look mellow......
O Brian os a very good hire....
Last time you looked, that QB and his supporting cast are all 5 stars and play within an overall lineup where nearly half are future NFL draft picks. Context matters. BoB has underperformed with the talent at his disposal. It’s not surprising since that is exactly how he has trended as a coach for the last half decade. Is he Manny Diaz? No, probably not. He may even be a bump up from Fuente. But if those two inform your standard, you’re in bad shape as a program.

Advertisement
Good news. BOB is a very good college football coach. But I was very surprised he’d want to stay and not get back to the nfl. This makes way more sense and is good news for us.

Your correct he wants to get back to nfl… also like I stated it’s a fact he hates recruiting

Everybody making moves but Miami..unless they moving behind the scenes…time will tell…always late to the party…Ugghh
It's pretty telling that Miami hasn't come out and said Manny will return - there's definitely something going on behind the scenes. But not firing him and allowing him to recruit and offer guys is amateur hour. They're all but saying 'if we could get someone better we would'

It's one of those things - if it must be done eventually it should be done now - we're wanting to replace him but won't commit until we secure something better. The optics would be a lot better to just get it over with because they're making it look like a clown show when it might not be and it might work out exactly the way they want it to.

Curious to see who penn state would target as a replacement bc one thing is certain, Franklin has proven time and time again he cannot win without good coordinators, which is why some fans were shocked by the extension. He doesn’t personally elevate either side of the ball the way Saban, Riley, Smart, Day and others do.

Advertisement
It's pretty telling that Miami hasn't come out and said Manny will return - there's definitely something going on behind the scenes. But not firing him and allowing him to recruit and offer guys is amateur hour. They're all but saying 'if we could get someone better we would'

It's one of those things - if it must be done eventually it should be done now - we're wanting to replace him but won't commit until we secure something better. The optics would be a lot better to just get it over with because they're making it look like a clown show when it might not be and it might work out exactly the way they want it to.
The only reason I see for them not firing him is talks with Mario have gotten to the point where everyone knows it’s a done deal but the UM administration is letting him finish his season. Especially if what was reported about Frenk wanting the buyout of Diaz drafted after the FSU loss is true.

The only reason I see for them not firing him is talks with Mario have gotten to the point where everyone knows it’s a done deal but the UM administration is letting him finish his season. Especially if what was reported about Frenk wanting the buyout of Diaz drafted after the FSU loss is true.
Mario's personality is someone that wouldn't even entertain these offers and the possibility of a new job until his season is over.

I'm sure his agent knows what he wants and what it would take to get him to Miami, though. I hope we're at that point and it's just awaiting actual consideration from Mario himself and not talk with his agent only.

Advertisement
Mario's personality is someone that wouldn't even entertain these offers and the possibility of a new job until his season is over.

I'm sure his agent knows what he wants and what it would take to get him to Miami, though. I hope we're at that point and it's just awaiting actual consideration from Mario himself and not talk with his agent only.
That’s more or less where I think it’s at. They have to feel comfortable enough to put Diaz out there and not give him the vote of confidence. As fans this sucks but the administration has to do a certain level of *** kissing with Mario.

Good news. BOB is a very good college football coach. But I was very surprised he’d want to stay and not get back to the nfl. This makes way more sense and is good news for us.
It’s a whatever hire. He hasn’t been bad there but it’s a Mickey Mouse hire compared to everyone else. Exhibit 5,027 that VT is not, nor will ever be, a big time program.

Advertisement
Back