BOB to the Hokies - rumor

I'm actually surprised that he took the VT job. That's a tough place to recruit and win. He could have landed a better gig. I'm not a BOB fan but he could have done better.

Advertisement
You all are over thinking this. He's not the next Schnellenberger or JJ but he's better than who they had, and he's better than Manny Diaz. In the context of our Canes, what else matters about that hire?

That’s a good look for them. Laugh all you want but a few years ago he was leading the Texans to the playoffs. He’s without a doubt a better coach than Manuel
99% of coaches are better than CMD...... very good hire by Va.tech if true...... did a nice job at PSU after JoPa mess
and has been an excellent OC for Bama

Advertisement
A worrisome move would have been Freeze going to VT. BoB is ok like Mullen was ok for UF - maybe worse because the guy just makes atrocious decisions. Bama fans want him outright fired.
I don’t understand the hype for Bob, at all. Perhaps, I’m just tripping. Freeze would have given us fits.

99% of coaches are better than CMD...... very good hire by Va.tech if true...... did a nice job at PSU after JoPa mess
and has been an excellent OC for Bama

These are the same morons that thought Fuente was a threat at VT when he was hired

Advertisement
I think we're actually playing Jenga...

experience GIF
I couldn’t remember the game I wanted to use but it was tidly winks

Everybody making moves but Miami..unless they moving behind the scenes…time will tell…always late to the party…Ugghh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems to me like Miami still doesn't want to spend. They are probably purposely delaying the AD hire. By the time we hire an AD there will be no quality coaching hires left, so they will bring back Diaz.

Intradasting if true...

Some on here seemed to think he was a jerk, but a really solid coach.

As I've said in the past, as long as Miami is rising from the ashes like an orange and green Phoenix, I'm cool with, and even want, VT to be competitive again.

Look, I want us to stay in the ACC and I want the ACC to get competitive again. We weren't always terrible. For years, the ACC always had one of the best bowl records out of the major conferences and we've been on the slide.

If the U can come back (I believe we are) and some other schools in our conference can thicken up, this is all good for Cane Nation.
I dunno man. If it means the Hurricanes win even just one more game every few years, I’ll take an ACC barely holding onto its P5 status by a thread.

Advertisement
Back