Amari Cooper

Advertisement
Skai Moore will be next IMO...but with a limited class and if we get grace and thomas we cant complain

Opinions are across a wide spectrum on this one.

* Ive heard that Cooper didnt like the ultimatum.

* I've heard a handful of recruitniks say they feel in retrospect that they under-rated Cooper coming out of HS.

* Ive heard that Cooper's mom pushed him hard to go to Bama, which would make sense to me given the Bama/LSU approach of buying relatives.

In the words of the immortal Shaft; "It be what it be"

If you've paid any attention to anything Golden has said about recruiting South Florida kids you would have your answer as to whether or not there was an "ultimatum"

Come on man, you don't really believe that do you?

Advertisement
We've got receivers... Cooper is great but Alabama's O line and qb help a lot too. I don't think he's that much better than Dorset or Scott but that's just IMO.

We really needed bridgewater. That hurts more

Is that ultimatum thing confirmed?

Either way, Golden hasn't been the head guy at a major program until now, or even a coordinator at one (UVA? lulz) I'd chalk that up to inexperience if it is true, and take solace in the fact that he's obviously learned his lesson. He adapted on the job and learned from his mistake. Check his recent comments in the Herald making it very clear that the local guys are worth waiting for and they will be patient in their recruiting, because they value the kids so much they will wait on them.

I was also 'meh' on this kid when he was brought up earlier in the year....but that all changed when I saw his senior highlights. Not only does he has legit size, he gets open with ease, has elite ball skills, and adequate speed to take it the distance. I really think he can be a #1 receiver. I think he's sold on playing at UA, but I would be ecstatic to pick him up. Cooper ist Monsta.

BUMP an interesting read looking back at it .....

/Valid aint neva lied I'm telling yall he knows something we don't know about Baby Jesus leading us to the promise land

moses olsen.jpg

This doesn't make any sense. Cooper was already committed to Miami for a long while why would Golden give an ultimatum to a kid who was already committed?

Advertisement
We've got receivers... Cooper is great but Alabama's O line and qb help a lot too. I don't think he's that much better than Dorset or Scott but that's just IMO.

Disagree. Cooper is exceptionally special. His route running is a lot better than Dorsett and Scott. They may match him for speed but his routes, hands, and playmaking ability are above anything on our roster.

This is not to discredit any of our WR's because they are **** good but Cooper is that much better.

Whether Golden played this wrong or not, he learned from it as WTH pointed out. That is all that you can ask for.

This doesn't make any sense. Cooper was already committed to Miami for a long while why would Golden give an ultimatum to a kid who was already committed?

Dude just stop posting. He was never committed to Miami publicly.

If true it was said that he told him to stop taking visits and commit or we were going to take a different receiver. Not sure if true, simply what I remember being put out there last year.

Disagree. Cooper is exceptionally special. His route running is a lot better than Dorsett and Scott. They may match him for speed but his routes, hands, and playmaking ability are above anything on our roster.

This is not to discredit any of our WR's because they are **** good but Cooper is that much better.

Whether Golden played this wrong or not, he learned from it as WTH pointed out. That is all that you can ask for.

Exactly. Cooper is a true #1 WR and will be a first round pick. I like our group a lot but its lacking that "Go To" Guy. If you've read my posts over the season I have accentuated this point.

Advertisement
There are always good WRs coming out of south Florida. We got Malcolm Lewis, who was looking like the real deal before the injury. Yes, it would've been great to have Cooper, but we can get the next 'Cooper' this year, or next year, or the year after that.

Advertisement
their was no ultimatums that part is BS.
Golden recruited him til the last befored Cooper EE.
Cooper's mom wanted him at Bama.
Yes too many threads on a Bama player that didn't choose the Canes.
Bigger lost is Bridgewater over Cooper but both could have been here and choose not to be.

Yea, yea, yea. You win some, you lose some. It happens, but bringing it up all the time gets old. Marshall Faulk wanted to come to Miami, but we wanted him to play db, he wanted to be a running back. He went to San Diego state and went on to become one the NFL's best running backs. Are best Tight Ends were from other states. Bottom line, you can't get them all. You just have to get the ones you can get.

Advertisement
Back