A simple problem, and a simple solution

I studied at Georgetown and was on their Board of Governors as a student.

Duke and Georgetown pay AFTER they sign. I know a Board Member at Duke. They pay once the player plays a game. Duke does NOT have a foundation and never will. Duke has been ELITE for 35-years and they do not pay to recruit. Now, when players are on recruiting visits they learn from other player about the benefits of "attending", but I can guarantee you that Duke doe not pay recruits.

The FBI just attacked basketball and Louisville and Arizona were the only elite teams impacted. This is the FBI...........

The Southern states are a mess and their Senators and Congressman will not condone the exposure of The Foundations.

Well, I am not privy to knowledge of when payment is made, but currency transactions that are off the books do take place, I have heard first hand and it appears we agree on that point. There is a reason why schools like Duke continue to stay on top...and it's not just history.

Advertisement
I'm not seeing the simple solution in the OP.

If our O-Line weren't a bunch of pussies we would have had a much better year.

Fact is, they're softer than Charmin.
Chicken or the egg argument...safe to say we have a plethora of deficiencies in multiple areas

I will man-up and take it on the chin (Figuratively)...I bought into some of the hype. Not bc I am a homer or ignorant to the events of the past 2 seasons, but bc at that point I still had a little hope for Richt. I thought he would tap into his coaching knowledge and experience and make the necessary changes while developing the players we have...I was terribly wrong.

I hear ya man. We all did. It's just getting really hard watching this disaster unfold. And it feels like all offseason we're going to read about the team overcoming adversity & gelling & looking like they're on a mission. I just hope we dont all fall for it again!

Chicken or the egg argument...safe to say we have a plethora of deficiencies in multiple areas

Sure and I never thought I'd be saying it but I miss that McDermott guy.

I couldn't stand him but I bet he held the guys accountable.

Talked a big game that's for sure.

It’s like that old saying “if you can’t tell who the suckers is then it’s you”
Richt keeps looking for the problem but it’s him.

It’s even worse than that, he thinks there’s NO problem and isn’t even bothering to look.

Advertisement
Whoever we hire needs to be able to develop and recruit oline because it’s been at the heart of our struggles. Even our NFL oline in ‘13 or ‘14 couldn’t consistently dominate.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cristobal and Diaz are our top two coaching candidates when the dust settles on Richt’s tenure.

Cristobal was too raw out of FIU to be HC. You know why I give Golden more credit than Rick? Golden tried to get Cristobal on staff to lock down local recruiting.

Cristobal IMO would be a good hire (maybe 2-3 candidates better, but as solid choice) and has nothing to do with being a former Cane. He's a top 3 recruiter in the country, knows Bama's bag game, and knows OL. Checks all the boxes for me. Doesn't even have to win 10 games at Oregon to prove he's ready. JJ was hired after an 8 win season, Erickson after a 9 win season. If fans can help get Blake James fired, then Rick will follow soon after, and maybe we can go into 2020 with hope.

Advertisement
This class is a disaster. It hurts to say, because we have some excellent people in the personnel department and on staff. But there is no denying it. This is an embarrassing failure.

I went back and looked at similar classes. In 2015, we finished 27th. In 2016, we finished 22nd. Those were bad signing days. This one will probably end up in that range. There was a lot of dead weight in those classes. But we also signed Jaquan Johnson, Shaq Quarterman, Joe Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, RJ McIntosh, Gerald Willis, Kendrick Norton, Michael Jackson, Mike Pinckney, Romeo Finely, Pat Bethel and Zach McCloud.

In other words, we signed a championship-caliber defense over two bad cycles. How did that happen?

The first takeaway is that Miami will always get good players. Even our crap classes have talent. But the real reason is even simpler: we replaced the problem (D’Onofrio) with the solution (Diaz). D’Onofrio's defense was the problem. We hired Diaz, and he unlocked a championship unit.

Which brings me to today. Once again, we have a clear problem. We have the 4th most efficient defense and the 79th most efficient offense. The results on the field are reflected in the class. Our quarterbacks sucked. We couldn’t sign a quarterback. Our offensive line sucked. We couldn’t sign any offensive linemen. Our offense sucked. We only signed one 4* on offense.

People are talking about changing Miami's recruiting strategy. That's nonsense. We need to fix the real problem. Only Coach Richt can do that. Unless, of course, he's the problem.

When Barry Jackson asked him about changes after today's practice, Richt said "we plan on getting better with what we already do." That's a shame. I don't want Richt to ruin his legacy, and I don't want to waste another couple years. But that's where we are headed. And it might be Manny Diaz coming back once again to solve the problem.

Too late. He’s more than halfway there to completely ruining his legacy. 1 top 20 offense in his tenure as a HC. Let that sink in

Advertisement
Sorry, I don't agree. Hope can make us delusional.

No team is winning a championship without a 50%+ blue chip ratio.... and even then, no team is beating Alabama without a phenomenal quarterback.
Sorry, but the whole "South Florida 3-stars" thing isn't going to be enough. Yeah, if we had a great OC this year we could have won the coastal... maybe even challenged Clemson. But we would have gotten smoked in the playoffs by more talented teams.

We are a LONG way from what we once were. I doubt Miami will ever win a championship ever again. I would need to see something from this program that I haven't seen since the 90's - a real WILL to win.

Miami used to drop bags, bend the rules, do whatever it takes. Guess what - that's what you've gotta do to win. This whole "I want to be like Duke but with a ****tier academic reputation" is not going to work for Miami.

As long as Miami admin don't care about winning, and as long as recruits continue to spurn Miami, we ain't winning ****. No Kendall Briles, nothing is going to change that.

So no, I don't believe we're just a coach away. We said that the last 4 coaches.

Sure and I never thought I'd be saying it but I miss that McDermott guy.

I couldn't stand him but I bet he held the guys accountable.

Talked a big game that's for sure.
McDonuts? Lmao...hey, even Sunny the Money Odogwu played better tackle at the end of his time with us than St Louis this season.

Advertisement
There clearly needs to be changes to our recruiting...we are missing on far too many South and State of Florida studs that just willingly go to South Carolina, Penn State, and just leave us in the midnight hour for FSU and UF.

I can lose a 5* stud like Evan Neal to Alabama and charge it to the game. Haselwood playing us and going to OU? We got a Hyundai budget and he's an Aston Martin Vanquish, brother.

But...

Losing Michael Tarquin - after being committed for a year - to UF?
Losing Jarvis Brownlee - after being his first real offer, being committed for 6mo - to FSU?
Not giving John Dunmore the time of day until four weeks ago?
Calling up Jahmon Brown or Johnny Dixon after no call, no show for 6mo trying to get him in the class in November?

Man, fvck Mark Richt and whoever else was involved in recruiting...because thats some unacceptable ****.

He, and his entire operation, need to go. The administration needs a serious *****, too.

Absolute buffoonery going on at Miami and I will no longer condone it.

Sorry, I don't agree. Hope can make us delusional.

No team is winning a championship without a 50%+ blue chip ratio.... and even then, no team is beating Alabama without a phenomenal quarterback.
Sorry, but the whole "South Florida 3-stars" thing isn't going to be enough. Yeah, if we had a great OC this year we could have won the coastal... maybe even challenged Clemson. But we would have gotten smoked in the playoffs by more talented teams.

We are a LONG way from what we once were. I doubt Miami will ever win a championship ever again. I would need to see something from this program that I haven't seen since the 90's - a real WILL to win.

Miami used to drop bags, bend the rules, do whatever it takes. Guess what - that's what you've gotta do to win. This whole "I want to be like Duke but with a ****tier academic reputation" is not going to work for Miami.

As long as Miami admin don't care about winning, and as long as recruits continue to spurn Miami, we ain't winning ****. No Kendall Briles, nothing is going to change that.

So no, I don't believe we're just a coach away. We said that the last 4 coaches.

Well said.

When we had competent ADs we had competent sports programs. When people actually cared we were winning. The last 4 coaching have not worked. This isnt just a simple fix.

People forget, but Clemson was an ACC doormat for 35 years, but somewhere in the past 10-11 they realized **** needed to change. ****, Alabama pre Saban was a disaster.

We need an administration that is committed to winning.
We need an AD to spot a talented coach.
We need a coach who can develop talent and spot great assistants.
We need resour$es

Right now we have zero of the above.

Most real OGs on this board called it out when CMR was hiring a very green staff. Most knew the AGs fate was sealed during the Maryland game when we couldnt stop a WR screen and lost to Randy Edsall.

If Blake didnt fire AG after year 4.... we know CMR has atleast till year 5, unless he completely ***** the bed and the AD gets fired. You have to imagine if CMR chokes again, Blake might be out of a job or he should at least be. Then again this is Miami and we are a joke

Richt sucks. He’s lazy and dumb. I don’t think he has the mental capacity to embrace change or the energy to see it through. He needs to do the right thing and retire. Hopefully, he figures this out soon. If not, fack him, his wife, his other kids, the family dog and his ****ass legacy.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back