A simple problem, and a simple solution

So whats the solution....waiting? For maybe Diaz and the overrated defense? Defense is good enough to win Coastal but if we played Clemson or any team with a pulse on offensive, the D would get lit up. Not their fault but they played against crap competition so the numbers look good. And yes if the O(which is the main problem) played better we would have won more games and had better recruiting cycle.
Bama's defense could not hold up being out on the field with all the 3 and outs of the offense and the punting situation is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!
Example--Not offering O-lineman Boateng from the area and he wanted an offer here but Clemson sucked him up several days before signing day. We instead get 2 real developmental projects that are supposed to be developed by a o-line coach that has never been successful in his career in that area.

Advertisement
And the problem is not with necessarily the talent we have in the class, we have some kids I’m really high on like Jeremiah Payton, keontra smith, jahfari harvey, Avery huff, tecory couch, Jason Blissett, sam brooks and we got a few developmental prospects on dline in Holley and munoz(senior film was pretty good). Not to mention the transfers in the future left tackle for next year and asa Martin who is pretty legit. Somehow and someway they need to add on to it. We got talent in this class we just don’t have enough prospects in the class because they missed on their targets. Really nothing that happened today in terms of the 2019 recruiting class surprised me as i expected the Lakeland kids to go to uf and Miami to miss on neal. The only thing that surprised me was what happened with haselwood and now Tyrique Stevenson let’s face it is in limbo right now and don’t have a clue how that plays out tbh.

Look, UM is NOT going to condone "bags" and they are NOT going to organize a "Foundation".

Recruit the best crop of talent that does NOT require bags. 99% of the Board realized that NONE of these guys would sign here in the end. Diaz undoubtedly produced a top-5 defense without bags.

This is the most fertile recruiting area in the country. With a modern offense, we win at least 10 games this year and maybe even 11..... Am dumbfounded as to why Richt refuses to play to his strengths!
Of course they are not going to condone and establish front companies, silly. That is why you have interested third parties that take care of the logistics. You really think Saban sits in his Dr. Evil chair every week and architects the bag network for Bama?!? c'mon man, Saban doesn't do anything having to do with Bags, he has people not officially employed by the University that do that for the program with discretion.

Look, UM is NOT going to condone "bags" and they are NOT going to organize a "Foundation".

Recruit the best crop of talent that does NOT require bags. 99% of the Board realized that NONE of these guys would sign here in the end. Diaz undoubtedly produced a top-5 defense without bags.

This is the most fertile recruiting area in the country. With a modern offense, we win at least 10 games this year and maybe even 11..... Am dumbfounded as to why Richt refuses to play to his strengths!
Also, Diaz benefited from a weak Division and schedule as well as some key players in key positions on the defense. We got shredded by above average offenses in every game, save the ND game from 2017

richt is the problem

if he hasn't already identified the problem and acted like a madman to fix the problem than he is the problem

thing is we aren't outbidding *, UF, Texas or Clemson for a coaching superstud

so we go to find a rising comet

and to do that we need an AD who can spot one. An AD who doesn't need committees of hired folks to recommend the same old same old

We need a new AD

Advertisement
Bama's defense could not hold up being out on the field with all the 3 and outs of the offense and the punting situation is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!
Example--Not offering O-lineman Boateng from the area and he wanted an offer here but Clemson sucked him up several days before signing day. We instead get 2 real developmental projects that are supposed to be developed by a o-line coach that has never been successful in his career in that area.

We know the O sucks.....thats not the point. and yes Bama defense would more than hold up if they were playing the shltty ACC coastal teams we play. The O didnt give up 334 yards to Toledo....433 to BC(223 rushing)

Boom. Yup. And this is the Pollyanna view, no offense to @DMoney. But he is an insider with friends and relationships in the program that are meaningful to him both personally and professionally.

Unless something or someone can get Richt to take a long hard look at himself and his situation, more time is completely pointless. In fact, more time will only further the damage he causes.

Bottom line, just as DMoney says, even our worst recruiting classes in history, we stumble in to serious talent, being who and where and what we are as a program. Recruiting has not been our problem and is not something we need to focus on either now or in our next head coaching hire. Of course players matter, but players follow good coaches, not the other way around.

This program simply needs energetic coaches that can teach the X's and O's, along with sound fundamentals, of tackling, blocking, route running, and catching. Coaches that will work hard and bring dynamic, improvisational, fast and aggressive schemes and philosophies to both sides of the ball. Win on the field, and the talent will start to come here that will allow us to win big.

We were there at the end of 2017. We had done enough to show that we could compete and we all saw the results with last year's recruiting class. Unfortunately, Richt was apparently satisfied with what was achieved and had no fire to take it to the next level. As a result, we squandered everything he had built, and more.

When the foundation is rotten, there is no choice but to scrape it and start from scratch.

Agreed. I said the same thing before. Richt puts very little stock into X's and O's. He wants to out-talent everyone and thinks that's the way to winning a championship.

One of the most telling quotes Richt made back when he was hired is that he wants a team that he knows can line up each week and physically dominate the guys across from them. Looking back on that statement, that tells me all I needed to know. He puts no stock into schematic advantages. Everything in his mind is about getting the best players and getting those players in peak physical condition. And that's why his UGA teams always lost games each season to lesser teams. It's also why Richt never won the big games.

I have never seen a play executed under Richt's tutelage that amazed me and left me speechless. It's always some vanilla pass or run play that is predictable, conservative and does absolutely nothing to highlight the talent on the team. Richt runs plays that UVa can run with their limited talent.

I was holding out hope that he was smart enough to go out and find a **** OC, but clearly he's not that smart. Wants to do things his way. Thinks he can create good schemes and call plays all on his own... I won't even discuss the way he handled the QB situation this season. Complete abomination. Then he tops things off but ******* up recruiting by only going after MJJ then groveling last minute for Howell. What an idiot.

Lastly, the annual losing streaks tell you all you need to know. As the team leader Richt, you are responsible for getting guys ready to play. And when things go South, you as the leader are the one responsible for snapping the team out of the funk. He literally cannot do it. He allows the team to wallow in this loser mentality for multiple games at a time. Almost like he just wants to let them 'figure it out on their own and work their way out of the slump'. Dumb ***. That's your job! These are college guys - not professionals.

We'll go 8-4 next year with a loss to the fvck face gaytors and then a 3-game losing streak somewhere in there. Hopefully that gets him &hitcanned. Just hope Blake is tossed out along with him.

Guys look at last year. Richt with a bad qb and a defense not even as good as this years showed how easy it is to win 10-11 games here. He just found a way to ***** it up. An actual coach can easily replicate and exceed what he’s done

Advertisement
Look at the offensive line recruitment this year. Never more than 3 commits and long before signing day Neal was a pipe dream and the other two Tarquin and Kingsley Eguakun started to become iffy several months ago.
There were never any other players for the O-line that were recruited with any zeal.
Searels thinks he is Bama and kids will come here so he who has been atrocious in coaching will develop them.
**** this past season he was still trying to figure out his starting lineup 2/3rds of the way through the season!
Recruits see that, parents see that what the **** do you think the results will be in the end?

No...it's nonsense that you don't see we need a change in strategy. It's time to let that dade county crap go.

It's filled with front runners and posers. Let's go get them country boys who love football

Dade County people are only loyal to the bag and the status of football...that's it. The economy down there has made it like that...the culture has made it like that...the people have made it like that.

Of course it doesn't help that we continue to sign the worst HC and assistants ever but that's another story.

Dan Mullen said he didn't need to make south Florida a requirement....he learned that from Urban.

You are 100% correct. The elite SFL kids cannot be trusted. They are either front runners or bag chasers or both. They love the U when we're winning, but once that's no longer in the cards they couldn't give a &hit about the U. They use us each year as a placeholder.

Richt used to poach a few top SFL kids each year while at UGA, now he's on the other side watching them all spurn him and leave him at the alter.

I would not abandon SFL, but I definitely would not put all my eggs in that basket, either.

Of course they are not going to condone and establish front companies, silly. That is why you have interested third parties that take care of the logistics. You really think Saban sits in his Dr. Evil chair every week and architects the bag network for Bama?!? c'mon man, Saban doesn't do anything having to do with Bags, he has people not officially employed by the University that do that for the program with discretion.

I know EXACTLY how these Foundations work. My former boss donated heavily to the 'Dawgs' foundation, and my wife's godfather is part of the Razorback Foundation.

A low level staff member gives a list to a Foundation "member" 12 months ahead of "signing day". The list includes players and rankings (rankings by team need or evaluation). The Foundation arranges for direct cash payments. There are 6 degrees of separation between the Foundation and the gentleman holding the "bag". They lose a "bag" occasionally, but there are strong incentives in place (positive and negative) to prevent the loss of a "bag". They have been engaging in this for 20-years, so they are experts at it.

UM CANNOT participate. Period. They are now a top-50 school!!

Advertisement
I know EXACTLY how these Foundations work. My former boss donated heavily to the 'Dawgs' foundation, and my wife's godfather is part of the Razorback Foundation.

A low level staff member gives a list to a Foundation "member" 12 months ahead of "signing day". The list includes players and rankings (rankings by team need or evaluation). The Foundation arranges for direct cash payments. There are 6 degrees of separation between the Foundation and the gentleman holding the "bag". They lose a "bag" occasionally, but there are strong incentives in place (positive and negative) to prevent the loss of a "bag". They have been engaging in this for 20-years, so they are experts at it.

UM CANNOT participate. Period. They are now a top-50 school!!
You do realize that Duke (a private, top 10 school) drops bags in Basketball, right? I went there for med school...basketball players were not shy about this fact when I attended, rolling around campus and in the Raleigh/Durham area with their Range Rovers and Rolexes. Is Coach K complicit in the bag game? Not directly I'm sure, but he does know it goes on behind the scenes, he just turns a blind eye to it as most coaches do, I am sure. Same thing at UNC for basketball.

UM has fallen behind UF in rankings btw...sad times

Quit making sense

I'm not seeing the simple solution in the OP.

If our O-Line weren't a bunch of pussies we would have had a much better year.

Fact is, they're softer than Charmin.

Advertisement
We wondered all season long who the fck we were recruiting at multiple positions. I remember joking that their big board was the best kept secret in South Florida. Turns out there was no secret. They weren't recruiting anyone.

Idk about the rest of u, but I'm about done on here. Its hard enough to watch our games as it is. But coming on here & finding out Richt ignored this kid or abruptly stopped talking to this one or that he promoted his son (the worst D1 QB coach in the land) to OC.. Is too much. And seeing mods & site owners tip toe around saying ANYTHING critical about that staph until its far too late, because they're too afraid to lose their "in".. Is a joke. And don't give me that "they were staying positive" bull****.

Does anyone really doubt we're going to see sunshine pumping articles all spring, summer & fall? Who fell for the ones about Malik looking better? Or the line starting to gel? Gtfoh. No doubt there'll be a recycled version of that bull****. "N'Kosi is so much more accurate." Save it. We all know Jon is his coach & N'Kosi is as accurate as Wikipedia.

What do I expect from a free site? Reality. Click bait is for pay sites. If a player looks like ****, say so. If a coach is a ****** coach, point it the fck out. If you break down a game & Malik doesn't attempt a pass over the middle in 3 weeks, point it out. Instead of writing articles about what u think people want to read or what the coaches want u to say.. tell us what YOU see. The hard questions & bad stuff is as equally important as the softball questions & positive stuff.

This "stay positive" mindset fooled a lot of people into believing we couldn't get here. Well here the fck we are.

You do realize that Duke (a private, top 10 school) drops bags in Basketball, right? I went there for med school...basketball players were not shy about this fact when I attended, rolling around campus and in the Raleigh/Durham area with their Range Rovers and Rolexes. Is Coach K complicit in the bag game? Not directly I'm sure, but he does know it goes on behind the scenes, he just turns a blind eye to it as most coaches do, I am sure. Same thing at UNC for basketball.

UM has fallen behind UF in rankings btw...sad times

I studied at Georgetown and was on their Board of Governors as a student.

Duke and Georgetown pay AFTER they sign. I know a Board Member at Duke. They pay once the player plays a game. Duke does NOT have a foundation and never will. Duke has been ELITE for 35-years and they do not pay to recruit. Now, when players are on recruiting visits they learn from other player about the benefits of "attending", but I can guarantee you that Duke doe not pay recruits.

The FBI just attacked basketball and Louisville and Arizona were the only elite teams impacted. This is the FBI...........

The Southern states are a mess and their Senators and Congressman will not condone the exposure of The Foundations.

We wondered all season long who the fck we were recruiting at multiple positions. I remember joking that their big board was the best kept secret in South Florida. Turns out there was no secret. They weren't recruiting anyone.

Idk about the rest of u, but I'm about done on here. Its hard enough to watch our games as it is. But coming on here & finding out Richt ignored this kid or abruptly stopped talking to this one or that he promoted his son (the worst D1 QB coach in the land) to OC.. Is too much. And seeing mods & site owners tip toe around saying ANYTHING critical about that staph until its far too late, because they're too afraid to lose their "in".. Is a joke. And don't give me that "they were staying positive" bull****.

Does anyone really doubt we're going to see sunshine pumping articles all spring, summer & fall? Who fell for the ones about Malik looking better? Or the line starting to gel? Gtfoh. No doubt there'll be a recycled version of that bull****. "N'Kosi is so much more accurate." Save it. We all know Jon is his coach & N'Kosi is as accurate as Wikipedia.

What do I expect from a free site? Reality. Click bait is for pay sites. If a player looks like ****, say so. If a coach is a ****** coach, point it the fck out. If you break down a game & Malik doesn't attempt a pass over the middle in 3 weeks, point it out. Instead of writing articles about what u think people want to read or what the coaches want u to say.. tell us what YOU see. The hard questions & bad stuff is as equally important as the softball questions & positive stuff.

This "stay positive" mindset fooled a lot of people into believing we couldn't get here. Well here the fck we are.
I will man-up and take it on the chin (Figuratively)...I bought into some of the hype. Not bc I am a homer or ignorant to the events of the past 2 seasons, but bc at that point I still had a little hope for Richt. I thought he would tap into his coaching knowledge and experience and make the necessary changes while developing the players we have...I was terribly wrong.

There are still some kids down there that we can build a program around but they’re few and far in between these days. I think Georgia is a good pipeline to setup, I like the mentality of those kids and there are way better linemen to be found there as well. However, I want every Jaquan Johnson, Duke Johnson etc. that South Florida has to offer but we need to cut ties with the future Jobe’s, Brownlee’s etc. u can’t win with those kind of guys..

I can respect that...I guess I am just tired of the BS

Advertisement
Back