A simple problem, and a simple solution

There can be 100,000 posts on here trashing or supporting Richt on here by August, with solutions to the problems offered in each one.

But at the end of it all it will come down to a couple of sentences.

Richt is going to ride or die with his guys. If he fails, he'll likely be fired. If he succeeds he'll continue to do it his way.
There clearly needs to be changes to our recruiting...we are missing on far too many South and State of Florida studs that just willingly go to South Carolina, Penn State, and just leave us in the midnight hour for FSU and UF.

I can lose a 5* stud like Evan Neal to Alabama and charge it to the game. Haselwood playing us and going to OU? We got a Hyundai budget and he's an Aston Martin Vanquish, brother.

But...

Losing Michael Tarquin - after being committed for a year - to UF?
Losing Jarvis Brownlee - after being his first real offer, being committed for 6mo - to FSU?
Not giving John Dunmore the time of day until four weeks ago?
Calling up Jahmon Brown or Johnny Dixon after no call, no show for 6mo trying to get him in the class in November?

Man, fvck Mark Richt and whoever else was involved in recruiting...because thats some unacceptable ****.

He, and his entire operation, need to go. The administration needs a serious *****, too.

Absolute buffoonery going on at Miami and I will no longer condone it.
Your crying about losing a small 3 star cb like Brownlee, n overrated slow o-l like Targuin. Not getting 3 star Johnny Dixon who by the way is overrated, saw him play.Everybody who saw Dumore play said he sucked in pads so now hes Jerry Rice, All will be easily replaced.

Advertisement
Well said.

When we had competent ADs we had competent sports programs. When people actually cared we were winning. The last 4 coaching have not worked. This isnt just a simple fix.

People forget, but Clemson was an ACC doormat for 35 years, but somewhere in the past 10-11 they realized **** needed to change. ****, Alabama pre Saban was a disaster.

We need an administration that is committed to winning.
We need an AD to spot a talented coach.
We need a coach who can develop talent and spot great assistants.
We need resour$es

Right now we have zero of the above.

Most real OGs on this board called it out when CMR was hiring a very green staff. Most knew the AGs fate was sealed during the Maryland game when we couldnt stop a WR screen and lost to Randy Edsall.

If Blake didnt fire AG after year 4.... we know CMR has atleast till year 5, unless he completely ***** the bed and the AD gets fired. You have to imagine if CMR chokes again, Blake might be out of a job or he should at least be. Then again this is Miami and we are a joke

I don't see us firing Blake James. He's a typical Miami hire.... totally inexperienced, totally unqualified, and willing to work for cheap.

And I don't see us firing Richt anytime soon either. Who's going to demand it? Fans? We don't matter. Apparently donors don't matter. When it came to Al Golden, that was Bernie Kosar and company. Well.... Bernie is buddies with Mark Richt - **** they played on the same team at the same time in college. Bernie ain't pushing for Richt to be let go.

There is nobody in any position of power at Miami that gives even the slightest **** whether we win or not.

Your crying about losing a small 3 star cb like Brownlee, n overrated slow o-l like Targuin. Not getting 3 star Johnny Dixon who by the way is overrated, saw him play.Everybody who saw Dumore play said he sucked in pads so now hes Jerry Rice, All will be easily replaced.

By whom?

FWIW, all of those players end up starters on their respective teams by the time their careers are over.

I don’t understand why searles wasn’t let go. Richt must feel the pressure, even Barry Jackson is hammering him. It is so easy to fire a position coach as a scapegoat - especially when that coach’s unit sucks and he can’t recruit.

I remember when I first started following recruiting. It was the 2008 class that was good on paper. It was so fun. These days, I barely click on the recruiting board. Today validated that.

I'm not seeing the simple solution in the OP.

You didn't miss anything. It wasn't there. There was a lengthy description of an outlier example regarding defensive players we signed during down recruiting years. Then something about offense and specifically quarterbacking. It's like I'm on a Dolphins board...waiting for the quarterback to become great.

I'll make my prediction for 2019: We'll lose players late because of our stadium/campus situation in comparison to other schools. I'll make my prediction for 2020: We'll lose players late because of our stadium/campus situation in comparison to other schools.

It's easy to be correct year after year when you rely on big picture foundational logic, as opposed to laughable subjective scrambling to fit this kid today and that kid tomorrow.

Lotsa luck with that approach

Advertisement
If the UM Admin doesnt remove Train Richt, there will be nothing left when he’s done. We’ve won one title in 27 years. The situation analysis at UM is case study at HBS awful. Just unbelievable. We will go from a brand people are proud to be associated with to a brand akin to genital herpes. We’re close to there already. Hate on the message if you will. It’s reality.

We wondered all season long who the fck we were recruiting at multiple positions. I remember joking that their big board was the best kept secret in South Florida. Turns out there was no secret. They weren't recruiting anyone.

Idk about the rest of u, but I'm about done on here. Its hard enough to watch our games as it is. But coming on here & finding out Richt ignored this kid or abruptly stopped talking to this one or that he promoted his son (the worst D1 QB coach in the land) to OC.. Is too much. And seeing mods & site owners tip toe around saying ANYTHING critical about that staph until its far too late, because they're too afraid to lose their "in".. Is a joke. And don't give me that "they were staying positive" bull****.

Does anyone really doubt we're going to see sunshine pumping articles all spring, summer & fall? Who fell for the ones about Malik looking better? Or the line starting to gel? Gtfoh. No doubt there'll be a recycled version of that bull****. "N'Kosi is so much more accurate." Save it. We all know Jon is his coach & N'Kosi is as accurate as Wikipedia.

What do I expect from a free site? Reality. Click bait is for pay sites. If a player looks like ****, say so. If a coach is a ****** coach, point it the fck out. If you break down a game & Malik doesn't attempt a pass over the middle in 3 weeks, point it out. Instead of writing articles about what u think people want to read or what the coaches want u to say.. tell us what YOU see. The hard questions & bad stuff is as equally important as the softball questions & positive stuff.

This "stay positive" mindset fooled a lot of people into believing we couldn't get here. Well here the fck we are.

Just like the bull chit narrative that is being pushed around now that Patke was the real mastermind of Manny’s Defense. The fvcken guy who was a GA a year ago and wasn’t even sure that he was going to get promoted to the 10th spot when he did (he said it on Darrow’s podcast at beginning of year) is the mastermind??? What a fvcken joke.

why is everyone so hyped on Manny being HC? Manny didn't exactly light the world on fire with his recruiting while he was here.

Manny came in and did what he was supposed to do...improve on what he did at Texas and Miss. St. With some pretty great talent on defense. He made what should always be attack and aggressive, attack and agressive again.

What a great gig to get, after the D'onofrio debacle.

All that said, there were any number of guys who likely could have done what he did...but we liked his style as a Miami guy.

Advertisement
If the UM Admin doesnt remove Train Richt, there will be nothing left when he’s done. We’ve won one title in 27 years. The situation analysis at UM is case study at HBS awful. Just unbelievable. We will go from a brand people are proud to be associated with to a brand akin to genital herpes. We’re close to there already. Hate on the message if you will. It’s reality.

Brother...its over.

giphy.gif

We lost the recipe and now we're gonna lose.

In my opinion, this program is already dead.

Advertisement
BC says hi. Toledo too....LSU scored 33 and put in the backups in the 3rd quarter
Yep. LSU, which isn’t a dynamic offense, did what it wanted to our defense. The only time we stopped them was when they got a big lead and started running dive plays every snap to burn the clock. We didn’t slow BC down until they destroyed us 3 or 4 possessions in a row.

It was a very good defense against a very very bad bunch of garbage opponents. I wouldn’t call it a championship defense because any of the truly top teams in the country would have worked us.

It was good enough to win the Coastal again if that’s what these men mean by “championship defense.”

This class is a disaster. It hurts to say, because we have some excellent people in the personnel department and on staff. But there is no denying it. This is an embarrassing failure.

I went back and looked at similar classes. In 2015, we finished 27th. In 2016, we finished 22nd. Those were bad signing days. This one will probably end up in that range. There was a lot of dead weight in those classes. But we also signed Jaquan Johnson, Shaq Quarterman, Joe Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, RJ McIntosh, Gerald Willis, Kendrick Norton, Michael Jackson, Mike Pinckney, Romeo Finely, Pat Bethel and Zach McCloud.

In other words, we signed a championship-caliber defense over two bad cycles. How did that happen?

The first takeaway is that Miami will always get good players. Even our crap classes have talent. But the real reason is even simpler: we replaced the problem (D’Onofrio) with the solution (Diaz). D’Onofrio's defense was the problem. We hired Diaz, and he unlocked a championship unit.

Which brings me to today. Once again, we have a clear problem. We have the 4th most efficient defense and the 79th most efficient offense. The results on the field are reflected in the class. Our quarterbacks sucked. We couldn’t sign a quarterback. Our offensive line sucked. We couldn’t sign any offensive linemen. Our offense sucked. We only signed one 4* on offense.

People are talking about changing Miami's recruiting strategy. That's nonsense. We need to fix the real problem. Only Coach Richt can do that. Unless, of course, he's the problem.

When Barry Jackson asked him about changes after today's practice, Richt said "we plan on getting better with what we already do." That's a shame. I don't want Richt to ruin his legacy, and I don't want to waste another couple years. But that's where we are headed. And it might be Manny Diaz coming back once again to solve the problem.
Best post ive read here in some time.

No...it's nonsense that you don't see we need a change in strategy. It's time to let that dade county crap go.

It's filled with front runners and posers. Let's go get them country boys who love football

Dade County people are only loyal to the bag and the status of football...that's it. The economy down there has made it like that...the culture has made it like that...the people have made it like that.

Of course it doesn't help that we continue to sign the worst HC and assistants ever but that's another story.

Dan Mullen said he didn't need to make south Florida a requirement....he learned that from Urban.
Preach. Fade and Broward are trash heaps with zero love for UM. It’s all bags and front-running down here.

It ain’t 1998 anymore. The internet, 7 on 7, kids’ families getting money to play PeeWee football, kids getting money to transfer HS and writing long-winded trash on Twitter about how grateful they are to the coaches they’re fcking in the *** to go play at the popular HS, bag schools poaching all the blue chips they want every year. It’s a fcking toilet of corruption, preening ponies, and sycophants.

Advertisement
If our best offer is to offer Manny Diaz then fold the folded program

Nah, I know you don’t like Manny for whatever reason but he truly gets Miami & the south florida athlete. He would get the absolute best OC he can find & would field a championship defense. He would be the perfect HC here.

No...it's nonsense that you don't see we need a change in strategy. It's time to let that dade county crap go.

It's filled with front runners and posers. Let's go get them country boys who love football

Dade County people are only loyal to the bag and the status of football...that's it. The economy down there has made it like that...the culture has made it like that...the people have made it like that.

Of course it doesn't help that we continue to sign the worst HC and assistants ever but that's another story.

Dan Mullen said he didn't need to make south Florida a requirement....he learned that from Urban.

The guys that burned us the worst this year are Crowley (Jacksonville), Tarquin (Ocala), Kingsley (Jacksonville) and Haselwood (Atlanta). And the biggest trolls were from Lakeland.

It’s hard to win battles in South Florida, but it’s even harder in enemy territory.

Advertisement
Back