A simple problem, and a simple solution

Advertisement
Nah, I know you don’t like Manny for whatever reason but he truly gets Miami & the south florida athlete. He would get the absolute best OC he can find & would field a championship defense. He would be the perfect HC here.
He will lack on recruiting thats my only thing, as a DC hes a take all day but a HC job is way different then a Coordinator job. I love the guy as DC but thats where my love ends, I think it would be a typical Miami mistake if they told him to be HC and I hope to God they dont do that.

This class is a disaster. It hurts to say, because we have some excellent people in the personnel department and on staff. But there is no denying it. This is an embarrassing failure.

I went back and looked at similar classes. In 2015, we finished 27th. In 2016, we finished 22nd. Those were bad signing days. This one will probably end up in that range. There was a lot of dead weight in those classes. But we also signed Jaquan Johnson, Shaq Quarterman, Joe Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, RJ McIntosh, Gerald Willis, Kendrick Norton, Michael Jackson, Mike Pinckney, Romeo Finely, Pat Bethel and Zach McCloud.

In other words, we signed a championship-caliber defense over two bad cycles. How did that happen?

The first takeaway is that Miami will always get good players. Even our crap classes have talent. But the real reason is even simpler: we replaced the problem (D’Onofrio) with the solution (Diaz). D’Onofrio's defense was the problem. We hired Diaz, and he unlocked a championship unit.

Which brings me to today. Once again, we have a clear problem. We have the 4th most efficient defense and the 79th most efficient offense. The results on the field are reflected in the class. Our quarterbacks sucked. We couldn’t sign a quarterback. Our offensive line sucked. We couldn’t sign any offensive linemen. Our offense sucked. We only signed one 4* on offense.

People are talking about changing Miami's recruiting strategy. That's nonsense. We need to fix the real problem. Only Coach Richt can do that. Unless, of course, he's the problem.

When Barry Jackson asked him about changes after today's practice, Richt said "we plan on getting better with what we already do." That's a shame. I don't want Richt to ruin his legacy, and I don't want to waste another couple years. But that's where we are headed. And it might be Manny Diaz coming back once again to solve the problem.
alonzo mourning nodding.gif

Advertisement
It all starts on top. It seems like insanity that everyone sees what our glaring issue is but they don't do anything to correct such issue. Where in this planet do you see something as such occur. Its a bad dream and it seems like its going to get worse. #washrinserepeat

We're stuck with Richt till 2023 unless he's fired or molests a cheerleader. But we can and should have a high level OC, If Blake doesn't get this done NOW then fire him - It's not like he's burning it up in any major sport.

There is a high probability that he implodes next year. If logs an 8-4 season, the mayyyyyyy no fire him. Another 7-5, or worse, and they will fire him. Another 7-5, and he may quit............

A month ago I literally said we had a top 5/10 defense, but I thought LSU, Clemson and Bama had better defenses. The fact that segments of our fanbase disagreed with me is alarming.
LSU proved it on the field head to head and if they think we’re better than Clemson or Alabaga then they’re blessed with an extra chromosome.

We were an excellent ACC Coastal defense. That’s it.

I need a break not really from UM but just getting mad about UM so thisll this'll most likely be my last post until at the very least after the Wisconsin game but the changes are all about Richt. Mark Richt will have a very good legacy, he helped get his to at least a very good point and brought belief back here and paid for an IPF with his own money and for that I'll always respect him but nepotism is killing him. I don't have a son but id I did I'd want him to win too but not this way because this team had a top 10 defense and a top 50 offense gets them at least 11 wins plus tbh next season if the offense shapes up I could see 11 wins again but I don't believe in his son and none of us do so what's the answer? IMO he should bow out because the heat and anger will become too much for him and I respect him too much to spew hate for him. Now who would I choose? Manny is the perfect guy to keep thw monster defense but also be forced to get a qb/oc with HC upside but we can obly hope

Advertisement
Preach. Fade and Broward are trash heaps with zero love for UM. It’s all bags and front-running down here.

It ain’t 1998 anymore. The internet, 7 on 7, kids’ families getting money to play PeeWee football, kids getting money to transfer HS and writing long-winded trash on Twitter about how grateful they are to the coaches they’re fcking in the *** to go play at the popular HS, bag schools poaching all the blue chips they want every year. It’s a fcking toilet of corruption, preening ponies, and sycophants.

All they care about is the BAG...that is IT!

All some redneck goood ole from TimbukRacist, USA has to do is promise them anything and they're ready to send all their players there but Miami needs to give them a bag, get momma a new job, win the national title, get Auntie a tummy tuck, hire their 7on7 coach on the staff, and make their high school coach an associate AD.

I'm over south fla...it's time for a new strategy

The guys that burned us the worst this year are Crowley (Jacksonville), Tarquin (Ocala), Kingsley (Jacksonville) and Haselwood (Atlanta). And the biggest trolls were from Lakeland.

It’s hard to win battles in South Florida, but it’s even harder in enemy territory.

You think those guys are worse than Evan Neal, Bogle, and Stevenson? None of these flakes are coming to UM imho.

We have no business going into Lakeland...you and I know that so why doesn't a 4 million per year coach know that?

You guys do realize in the dominant years of the U we never locked down s fla ... bowden used to whip are asses in recruiting every year nothing jas changed winning wont help either we need some coaches were were once a pipeline for nfl coaches now were a pipeline for high school coaches

You can recruit and sign kids from anyplace when you win. Going 7-5 restricts your recruiting especially when you’re in the third year at your program.

Kelly from ND recovered the following year. This is the job Richt now has. 2019 has to be the bounce back. When the division, go 10-2 and get to the ACC title game against Clemson.

Advertisement
Here's something else to consider, schedule was not filled with offensive juggernauts :
LSU # 77,Toledo #29, FIU #51, NC #35, FSU #103, V #83, BC #65, D #73, VT #44, #GT 50, Pitt #96

You guys do realize in the dominant years of the U we never locked down s fla ... bowden used to whip are asses in recruiting every year nothing jas changed winning wont help either we need some coaches were were once a pipeline for nfl coaches now were a pipeline for high school coaches
under butch we had a ton of great players who werent from SFLA. Dj Williams, Dorsey, reed, wayne, frank, shockey, mckinnie, damoine lewis, etc

All they care about is the BAG...that is IT!

All some redneck goood ole from TimbukRacist, USA has to do is promise them anything and they're ready to send all their players there but Miami needs to give them a bag, get momma a new job, win the national title, get Auntie a tummy tuck, hire their 7on7 coach on the staff, and make their high school coach an associate AD.

I'm over south fla...it's time for a new strategy

Tee, what are your thoughts man? I still think there will be good local kids every year that we can sign. I think we should have offered Nayquan Wright. I think we should have offered Boateng. We should have been on the Smith kid earlier imo. If we are going to reach on a kid like Nelson, then I think that kid needs to be a local reach. I understand isht is shady down bottom, but it just seems like this current staff could be doing better in spite of the bs.

Advertisement
under butch we had a ton of great players who werent from SFLA. Dj Williams, Dorsey, reed, wayne, frank, shockey, mckinnie, damoine lewis, etc
Right, couple dozen others over the years that weren't from SFLA that went on to the NFL.

A lot of kids are freezing their asses off right now, that would love to get the **** out of their environment and come to Miami.

Advertisement
Back