2019 QB Michael Johnson Jr receives offer

Advertisement
Johnson's 2017 stats, per MaxPreps:

83-of-133 pass attempts (62.4% completions)
1,218 passing yards
21 passing TDs
5 INTs
745 rushing yards on 107 attempts (7.0 ypc)
12 rushing TDs

Johnson's 2016 stats, per MaxPreps:

139-of-223 pass attempts (62.3% completions)
2,099 passing yards
23 passing TDs
7 INTs
775 rushing yards on 74 attempts (10.5 ypc)
12 rushing TDs

[video=youtube;zqsT9RBkWqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqsT9RBkWqc[/video]

He did recruit Watson but from everything I've read, made him a priority too late whereas Clemson made him a priority early on in his HS career. Georgia dragged their feet and considered other prospects and that's why they lost out.,

Egregious error any way you slice it. Deshaun is a transcendent player.

Yeah and it’s not like Watson was a super secret early on. The kid was a starter and great player as a 9th grader. Yuuuge miss.

That's the scary part.

To the prior post, not sure it is an "identifying" issue as to the talent, but how to properly use it that has me concerned.

UM

Malik Rosier broke our QB TD record.

Would love to have him, but if the season was that big of a factor I'm not getting my hopes up too high that he will actually sign with us. I'm guessing that the fact that we won a bunch of games and the fact that our weak link was QB is what really got him excited. If this next season goes as we all hope, one of the freshman quaterbacks will lead us to a fantastic season. Thus, just as quickly as interest went up because of the 2017 season, it could go down in 2018.

Do you think it would play out like that [MENTION=12747]Dyalect79[/MENTION]? Or do you think he would be a Fields type that will come regardless if we have a Fromm type season from our freshman QB?

OSU has 2 great QBs ahead of him too in Haskins and Martell, if that's his other top school.

I'm always baffled by posters who think the depth chart is what makes the decision for every recruit. That just isn't true. Look at the NC game. Tua went to Bama even though Hurts was the SEC player if the year as a frosh. And Frohm went to UGA even though Eason was the starter.

I guess its the constant negativity from our fanbase. They get scared that good players want to come here and resort to making up reasons why it won't happen

Advertisement
Would love to have him, but if the season was that big of a factor I'm not getting my hopes up too high that he will actually sign with us. I'm guessing that the fact that we won a bunch of games and the fact that our weak link was QB is what really got him excited. If this next season goes as we all hope, one of the freshman quaterbacks will lead us to a fantastic season. Thus, just as quickly as interest went up because of the 2017 season, it could go down in 2018.

Do you think it would play out like that [MENTION=12747]Dyalect79[/MENTION]? Or do you think he would be a Fields type that will come regardless if we have a Fromm type season from our freshman QB?

OSU has 2 great QBs ahead of him too in Haskins and Martell, if that's his other top school.

I'm always baffled by posters who think the depth chart is what makes the decision for every recruit. That just isn't true. Look at the NC game. Tua went to Bama even though Hurts was the SEC player if the year as a frosh. And Frohm went to UGA even though Eason was the starter.

I guess its the constant negativity from our fanbase. They get scared that good players want to come here and resort to making up reasons why it won't happen

THIS^^

Advertisement
I'm not saying he's going to be this good, but the way he holds the football and moves reminds me of Randall Cunningham.

1,218 passing yards
21 passing TDs
5 INTs
12 rushing TDs

2,099 passing yards
23 passing TDs
7 INTs
12 rushing TDs

Love this kids film man and he’s a dynamic runner

Last edited:

1,218 passing yards
21 passing TDs
5 INTs
12 rushing TDs

2,099 passing yards
23 passing TDs
7 INTs
12 rushing TDs

Love this kids filman and he’s a dynamic runner

Amazing athlete, not much pocket passing going on here. Want tho.

Advertisement
I can confirm that interest has ratcheted up a thousand percent after the season our canes had. Yes Coach visited but I have been told to not say anything anymore. I can hardly contain myself, if things continue in the direction they are; I may just explode....

It's funny, winning 10 games gets you a chance with a kid from Oregon, but at home you're battling it out with local kids playing footsies all over the SEC. And stop with the bags, it's more than that.

I'm not saying he's going to be this good, but the way he holds the football and moves reminds me of Randall Cunningham.

Randall is a great comparison.

#12 was great in the pocket. Amazing looking back at how tall he was and the ability he possessed to make defenders miss him in the pocket..

[video=youtube;1iQQ0hJoto0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQQ0hJoto0&t=232s[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
[video]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5098019/581e423d4ba877190c41276e[/video]

This is from his sophomore season. I like this video more in terms of seeing what he can do when plays don't break down. In the earlier, thread Johnson was running for his life the whole time.

Only 133 passes as a Junior? Don't really like that at all. Did he get hurt last season or something?

So as a sophomore/junior, he's had 222/355=62.5% 44Tds, and 12INts for a 3.67 TD:INT ratio. I'm not really that impressed with those 2 year stats as a passer. Obviously he's very good as a runner, but what he can do as a passer is much more important to me. And i dont like that he has very little attempts.

comparisons:
Trevor Lawrence soph/junior yr - 483/770 = 62.7% 94 TDs 13 INTs = 7.2 TD:INT ratio.

JT Daniels soph/junior - 426/661=64% 119 TDs 10 INTs = 11.9 TD:INT ratio

Deshaun Watson sop/junior - 524/805=65.1% 91 TDs 14 INTs = 6.5 TD:INT ratio.

Like he has literally attempted half as many attempts as those other guys entering his senior year. And a sub 4 TD:INT ratio isn't very good.
Obviously he's killed it as a runner, but he really needs to step up as a passer.

Advertisement
Back