2019 QB Michael Johnson Jr receives offer

Ok, so the interest in the Canes as of now is non existent. The clear cut favorite is still Ohio State but I hope the staff keeps recruiting him hard. He is a beast and we are so very proud of him.

Dayum..."non-existent" is harsh.

I hope that Urban fakes another heart attack between now and signing day.

Just an honest question (no judgment), has your family discussed the differences between the NFL prospects of QBs developed by Urban at UF and OSU, compared to those developed by Richt at F$U and UGa?

Advertisement
100% lock to Oregon.

That's the assumption. Tidbit here is he got his offer because he called us expressing interest. Staff feels it's legit but he's not really a qb option. He's like VICK (ONLY IN THE SENSE HE PREFERS TO RUN FIRST) kids legit but I'd personally still say he goes to Oregon.

Brooklyn who's the QB for the 19 class that the staff really wants I've seen Zamar Wise name more but I know some people love Taisun Phommachanh?

Tai will be our 19 qb. Wise & Johnson were recruiting as athletes. Johnson is a whole nother level of athlete though from wise.

Still not sure I trust Richt fully on evals for this type of QB...he chose not to recruit Cam or Watson at Georgia, as I recall.

He did recruit Watson but from everything I've read, made him a priority too late whereas Clemson made him a priority early on in his HS career. Georgia dragged their feet and considered other prospects and that's why they lost out.,

Ok, so the interest in the Canes as of now is non existent. The clear cut favorite is still Ohio State but I hope the staff keeps recruiting him hard. He is a beast and we are so very proud of him.

is it because we aren't recruiting him as qb?

Advertisement
He did recruit Watson but from everything I've read, made him a priority too late whereas Clemson made him a priority early on in his HS career. Georgia dragged their feet and considered other prospects and that's why they lost out.,

Egregious error any way you slice it. Deshaun is a transcendent player.

Exactly. On the one hand, I love that he identified N'Kosi early on and closed ***, but on the other, let's not pretend he doesn't have some blindspots.

Yeah and it’s not like Watson was a super secret early on. The kid was a starter and great player as a 9th grader. Yuuuge miss.

Yeah and it’s not like Watson was a super secret early on. The kid was a starter and great player as a 9th grader. Yuuuge miss.

That's the scary part.

To the prior post, not sure it is an "identifying" issue as to the talent, but how to properly use it that has me concerned.

UM

Advertisement
Safe to assume this is for Johnson. Considering this is coming immediately after the dead period has ended, seems like another indication he's our top QB target for 2019.

[TWEET]951944858016522240[/TWEET]

well richt's kid does nothing else other than recruit qbs.
Got thta Jeff Bowded gig lockecked up

Safe to assume this is for Johnson. Considering this is coming immediately after the dead period has ended, seems like another indication he's our top QB target for 2019.

[TWEET]951944858016522240[/TWEET]

Based on his history here so far, if this is baby Richt's top target, we have every reason to believe he will get him.

I can confirm that interest has ratcheted up a thousand percent after the season our canes had. Yes Coach visited but I have been told to not say anything anymore. I can hardly contain myself, if things continue in the direction they are; I may just explode....

Advertisement

Dayum..."non-existent" is harsh.

I hope that Urban fakes another heart attack between now and signing day.

Just an honest question (no judgment), has your family discussed the differences between the NFL prospects of QBs developed by Urban at UF and OSU, compared to those developed by Richt at F$U and UGa?

Of course his father runs in coaching circles, they have absolutely talked about that.

I can confirm that interest has ratcheted up a thousand percent after the season our canes had. Yes Coach visited but I have been told to not say anything anymore. I can hardly contain myself, if things continue in the direction they are; I may just explode....
dope!!

He clearly has no intention of doing anything in the NFL if he likes OSU.

Advertisement

He clearly has no intention of doing anything in the NFL if he likes OSU.

That was back in October this same family member says after the season the Canes had the kid is looking at the Canes now.

If Lil Richt wants him, Lil Richt gets him. Might talk crap about his role but he never seems to miss

Do you know when he is going to make his decision?

Would love to have him, but if the season was that big of a factor I'm not getting my hopes up too high that he will actually sign with us. I'm guessing that the fact that we won a bunch of games and the fact that our weak link was QB is what really got him excited. If this next season goes as we all hope, one of the freshman quaterbacks will lead us to a fantastic season. Thus, just as quickly as interest went up because of the 2017 season, it could go down in 2018.

Do you think it would play out like that [MENTION=12747]Dyalect79[/MENTION]? Or do you think he would be a Fields type that will come regardless if we have a Fromm type season from our freshman QB?

Advertisement
Back