2019 QB Michael Johnson Jr receives offer

100% lock to Oregon.

I can confirm this, he's my nephew. Was speaking with DMoney about this privately, a while back. Once the whole thing with Michigan blew open, I knew he was never coming here, especially with his father landing at Oregon obviously. Our family is very proud of him and his accomplishments though.
Congratulations, he's a very good QB & I look forward to seeing him develop.

It makes perfect sense for him to play for his Dad, while some may criticize, it's gotta be a dream for a young man to have an opportunity to play High level D1 ball & be Coached by his Father.

Good luck to your family.

Advertisement
100% lock to Oregon.

I can confirm this, he's my nephew. Was speaking with DMoney about this privately, a while back. Once the whole thing with Michigan blew open, I knew he was never coming here, especially with his father landing at Oregon obviously. Our family is very proud of him and his accomplishments though.
Congratulations, he's a very good QB & I look forward to seeing him develop.

It makes perfect sense for him to play for his Dad, while some may criticize, it's gotta be a dream for a young man to have an opportunity to play High level D1 ball & be Coached by his Father.

Good luck to your family.

Cheers brother!

He's not an Oregon lock, he's a lock to wherever his dad is coaching.

If someone poaches his dad from Oregon after the season, Jr will be going to wherever that is

Advertisement
Did anybody else watch the video? Dat boy good!!!! He has elite speed, elite athleticism, above average decision making, and a strong arm. My only criticism would be that he puts too much loft on some throws. This young man is the goods. I have no clue where he is ranked, but he definitely should be a 5 star by this time next year. I'm very impressed.

Let me educate a few of you. If you ask out the hottest girl in school, there are two options. One, she says yes-and you are very happy. Two, she says no and you are free to ask someone else. There are no limits on the number of girls you can ask out. A few here want to ask out the ugly dumb girl first to avoid rejection. I would prefer that CMR look for hotties first.

meant to upvote.

He's not an Oregon lock, he's a lock to wherever his dad is coaching.

If someone poaches his dad from Oregon after the season, Jr will be going to wherever that is

I think the number one basketball recruit this year changes his commiment based on Dads hiring and firing several times

100% lock to Oregon.

That's the assumption. Tidbit here is he got his offer because he called us expressing interest. Staff feels it's legit but he's not really a qb option. He's like VICK (ONLY IN THE SENSE HE PREFERS TO RUN FIRST) kids legit but I'd personally still say he goes to Oregon.

Advertisement
100% lock to Oregon.

That's the assumption. Tidbit here is he got his offer because he called us expressing interest. Staff feels it's legit but he's not really a qb option. He's like VICK (ONLY IN THE SENSE HE PREFERS TO RUN FIRST) kids legit but I'd personally still say he goes to Oregon.

Brooklyn who's the QB for the 19 class that the staff really wants I've seen Zamar Wise name more but I know some people love Taisun Phommachanh?

100% lock to Oregon.

Brooklyn who's the QB for the 19 class that the staff really wants I've seen Zamar Wise name more but I know some people love Taisun Phommachanh?

Tai will be our 19 qb. Wise & Johnson were recruiting as athletes. Johnson is a whole nother level of athlete though from wise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is this Tai kid really supposde to be the goods? I'm always hesitant on mid tier kids from poor football states who haven't camped much.

[TWEET]892192704733499392[/TWEET]

Michael Johnson Jr., Sheldon, Dual-Threat Quarterback

6'4 200lbs 4-star QB, the #1 ranked Dual-Threat for the 2019 class.

Originally from Sunnyvale CA, where he went to Kings Academy, but transferred for his Junior/Senior year to Sheldon in Eugene Oregon.

For those that don't know, this was this kid whose Dad that Harbaugh was trying to hire at Michigan in order to secure his commitment, but at the last minute Willie Taggart outbid him & offered Michael Sr a better position job.

Which resulted in the NCAA passing the recent rules about hiring HS Coaches just to solely get a recruit from that school.

Michael Sr was the HC at Kings Academy, as well as the Chargers WR Coach some years back.

Michael Jr transferred to Sheldon in Eugene OR, because his dad is now the WR coach on Taggart's staff.

The kid is a great talent & thus far has 4,347yds 48TD's & 10INT's passing with 1,133yds & 16TD's rushing in just 2 years as a starter.

Holds offers from Oregon, Michigan, Oh St, USC, Texas, TAMU, Bama & FSU.

NCAA should've passed that last year, Harbaugh did the same with the Bush family.

2019 QB recruiting is a long ways from now

QB recruiting seems to be on a different timeline than other positions. Their cycle seems to be sped up. We need to identify targets early and get on them. I haven't done much research but it seems that most QBs commit in the spring/summer before their senior year.

Advertisement
Back