2019 QB Michael Johnson Jr receives offer

Would love to have him, but if the season was that big of a factor I'm not getting my hopes up too high that he will actually sign with us. I'm guessing that the fact that we won a bunch of games and the fact that our weak link was QB is what really got him excited. If this next season goes as we all hope, one of the freshman quaterbacks will lead us to a fantastic season. Thus, just as quickly as interest went up because of the 2017 season, it could go down in 2018.

Do you think it would play out like that [MENTION=12747]Dyalect79[/MENTION]? Or do you think he would be a Fields type that will come regardless if we have a Fromm type season from our freshman QB?

OSU has 2 great QBs ahead of him too in Haskins and Martell, if that's his other top school.

I'm always baffled by posters who think the depth chart is what makes the decision for every recruit. That just isn't true. Look at the NC game. Tua went to Bama even though Hurts was the SEC player if the year as a frosh. And Frohm went to UGA even though Eason was the starter.

I guess its the constant negativity from our fanbase. They get scared that good players want to come here and resort to making up reasons why it won't happen

THIS^^

No I agree, depth chart is not everything for a ton of recruits, hence why I asked Dyalect79 if he was a Fromm type or a Emory Jones type. The reason I think it might have an impact is the fact that he had no interest prior to the season and now does after how the season went. Now that could be because of us actually winning and proving that the coaches are getting us in the right direction or because he sees how much we need a good QB like him.

That's is why I directed the question to Dyalect79 because I obviously don't know the kid.

Advertisement
Would love to have him, but if the season was that big of a factor I'm not getting my hopes up too high that he will actually sign with us. I'm guessing that the fact that we won a bunch of games and the fact that our weak link was QB is what really got him excited. If this next season goes as we all hope, one of the freshman quaterbacks will lead us to a fantastic season. Thus, just as quickly as interest went up because of the 2017 season, it could go down in 2018.

Do you think it would play out like that [MENTION=12747]Dyalect79[/MENTION]? Or do you think he would be a Fields type that will come regardless if we have a Fromm type season from our freshman QB?

OSU has 2 great QBs ahead of him too in Haskins and Martell, if that's his other top school.

I'm always baffled by posters who think the depth chart is what makes the decision for every recruit. That just isn't true. Look at the NC game. Tua went to Bama even though Hurts was the SEC player if the year as a frosh. And Frohm went to UGA even though Eason was the starter.

I guess its the constant negativity from our fanbase. They get scared that good players want to come here and resort to making up reasons why it won't happen

THIS^^

No I agree, depth chart is not everything for a ton of recruits, hence why I asked Dyalect79 if he was a Fromm type or a Emory Jones type. The reason I think it might have an impact is the fact that he had no interest prior to the season and now does after how the season went. Now that could be because of us actually winning and proving that the coaches are getting us in the right direction or because he sees how much we need a good QB like him.

That's is why I directed the question to Dyalect79 because I obviously don't know the kid.

The answer is; he's not like Fromm or Jones, he’s better! He has the advantage of intelligence and the pedigree. All of my siblings ran track; including his mother(UCLA)and father(Oregon State)and grand mother, he’s been breaking down film since he was 8. He will face competition no matter where he ends up. Yes, he may or may not sign with our beloved canes but it’s all about where he is most comfortable with studies and football. His father will have him prepared for whatever comes his way. He’s coached for the falcons, ravens and 49ers during his Pro coach career. Trust me my man, MJ is the truth.

Did the staff have an extra stamp laying around they didn’t have a use for so they mailed this kid an offer???

Welp,wasted that stamp.

Stupid^. I have been vindicated! Top five as of last night; from the horses mouth.
MIAMI, Florida, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama.
Get your popcorn ready...

Advertisement
Stupid^. I have been vindicated! Top five as of last night; from the horses mouth.
florida?? florida?? starting to question that intelligence you talked about

Mullen offered him early in his sophomore year when he was at kings academy for Mississippi State...

giphy.gif

Advertisement
He did recruit Watson but from everything I've read, made him a priority too late whereas Clemson made him a priority early on in his HS career. Georgia dragged their feet and considered other prospects and that's why they lost out.,

Egregious error any way you slice it. Deshaun is a transcendent player.

Yeah and it’s not like Watson was a super secret early on. The kid was a starter and great player as a 9th grader. Yuuuge miss.

That's the scary part.

To the prior post, not sure it is an "identifying" issue as to the talent, but how to properly use it that has me concerned.

UM

Malik Rosier broke our QB TD record.

Which one, passing or rushing? Must be rushing Forgive me for not keeping up with stats...

Yeah and it’s not like Watson was a super secret early on. The kid was a starter and great player as a 9th grader. Yuuuge miss.

That's the scary part.

To the prior post, not sure it is an "identifying" issue as to the talent, but how to properly use it that has me concerned.

UM

Which one, passing or rushing? Must be rushing Forgive me for not keeping up with stats...

Combined. He is the overall TD leader in a single season. Broke testaverdes record.

That's the scary part.

UM

Most screen passes in the dirt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dyalect- question.....why is Oregon not in his top 5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His father will not be coaching there much longer. Taggart also left...

Appreciate the feedback. Do you know why he didn't go to fsu with taggart? I know they were desperate for a WR coach and had to promote a recruiting coordinator to the position. I figured landing Johnson would help him land his son at QB in 2019 as well. I was glad he didn't go but figured there was a reason.

Advertisement
Back