Your favorite uncle is back at it

I cant stand Luke like most here and the way he goes about presenting the issue dilutes the message. But the greater point is still pretty true. And the people who sit here and say “can we get past color”… wtf are you telling that to those hiring, not the ones getting the short end or bringing light to it. at any rate here are just some articles from an easy search that discuss how black coaches don’t get hired at a good rate, when they do it’s for **** jobs, they get fired easier, and never get rehired. These are facts.

tenor (13).gif

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong, we have some loyal fans in Dade, people that we can count on, that love the University as a whole. Unfortunately, the typical local Miami fan isn't that. We don't have the community support and it shows in recruiting, it shows in so many other things. Even if we offer a kid, and we really push hard, the community will not stand with the University and make sure the school isn't washed out by the SEC. If a local kid in Alabama wants to go to Alabama, and is offered, he's going. The community will see to it that other schools aren't able to poach. Our mercenary community will take the money and then steer the kid away from Miami. Then, they'll throw the University under the bus afterwards.

Well Miami ain't Alabama, Miami doesn't win like Alabama.

You want the top local kids to stay consistently, win consistently.

The only thing we've been consistent at lately is having single digit win seasons followed by embarrassing bowl losses.

BTW, we landed most of the top local kids this year, now it's on Manny...if not, we'll be having this same convo 1-2 years from now when Diaz is fired and we'll be dealing with the recruiting fallout from yet another firing.

The only thing we've been consistent at lately is having single digit win seasons followed by embarrassing bowl losses.

BTW, we landed most of the top local kids this year, now it's on Manny...if not, we'll be having this same convo 1-2 years from now when Diaz is fired and we'll be dealing with the recruiting fallout from yet another firing.
Its amazing how much is always blamed on the community or kids or anything else except this schools commitment to spending and to fielding a real college football team that is line with the number of titles we have. In 2000-2001 we had a chance to take over college football and we've gone with every single cheap hire since then (except for Richt). So anyone blaming the community over the school is crazy. Its 20 years of ****. I think the marlins have won more recently.

Its amazing how much is always blamed on the community or kids or anything else except this schools commitment to spending and to fielding a real college football team that is line with the number of titles we have. In 2000-2001 we had a chance to take over college football and we've gone with every single cheap hire since then (except for Richt). So anyone blaming the community over the school is crazy. Its 20 years of ****. I think the marlins have won more recently.

And if Diaz fails, these same fans who blame the local kids for not coming, will blame the local kids for coming.

****, we have fans to this very day that blame Shannon for taking the #1 ranked 08' class, "Buh buh buh, they all went to the same school Bro!!!"...LOL.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Advertisement
Mike Norvell might turn out to be what we all hoped Willie would be. We can only hope.
Might even exceed it as Willie in real life is an affable guy. Norvell strikes me more as a smug *****. And when those guys fail it's always more glorious and more of a ****show.

Last edited:
I took great pleasure in calling Uncle Douchebag out, especially for his attempted snitching. I am beyond ashamed that he was ever associated with the program, and I can't stand it that people like Billy Corben continue to treat him as if he's something worth mentioning. He's a washed up rapper that latched onto the hot program. That's all.
Billy Corben isn't much better. They are both opportunists, interested in the school so long as they can use it to line their bank accounts.

Advertisement
OK, and?

Alabama was Bear Bryant's 4th job...OSU was Meyer's 4th job...judging how good a HC is (or isn't) by how many jobs He's had is just plain dumb.

Fact of the matter is, Taggart took over 4 crappy programs and He turned 3 of them around...that's more than I can say about Chip Kelly & Scott Frost.
lol way to quote part of my post and ignore the part where I explained the "OK, and?" The rest of your post is just plain dumb and completely missed the point of the part you left out. In no way did I judge anyone's coaching ability and NO, Taggart didn't turn 3 crappy programs around.

Read the full quote again.

Taggart is currently on his 5th head coaching job and Strong is in the NFL now but has had 3 head coaching jobs. Puke might want to look for better examples to a whatever point he's trying to make.
Those two guys may have gotten a raw deal but they've been HIRED a combined 8 times for NCAA head coaching gigs. There are better examples to use for whatever exactly pukes point is. And Taggart left Oregon after one year so him getting fired after one year is fair game.

Billy Corben isn't much better. They are both opportunists, interested in the school so long as they can use it to line their bank accounts.
Corben isn't much better than Luke??....Man GTFOH with that BS....Corben used UM to line his Bank Account??....Lol...he was Rich before The U part 1 & 2.....Luke is a piece of F-ing trash...Corben is Alumni, who absolutely LOVES UM....Luke and Lebatard are more closely related...2 POS....one that actually snitched on UM...and one that threatened to do so...F them both...

Last edited:

This isn't really equitable because the article is discussing interim coaches and coaches that moved on voluntarily. The other, "historically great" coaches mentioned may have had other circumstances occur, but those are one-offs.

On the whole, black HCs have a tougher path and enjoy less leeway. Those facts are beyond debate.

Advertisement
Corben isn't much better than Luke??....Man GTFOH with that BS....Corben used UM to line his Bank Account??....Lol...he was Rich before The U part 1 & 2.....Luke is a piece of F-ing trash...Corben is Alumni, who absolutely LOVES UM....Luke and Lebatard are more closely related...2 POS....
Forgot about LeBatard. Toss him on the list too, probably in the gold medal spot for the crap he pulled to get his career started.

Corben acted like a child when the school wouldn't grant him access to current coaches. Do I agree with the school in that decision? No. But if he really loved the school over himself, he would have accepted it and moved on.

Most kids be like who the **** is the old man? That’s the guy that got famous singing about hoes and stitches. He’s actually a real genius to make a life out of being scum and still have a platform.

Luke knows it and we all do.....................He plays on it in his diatribe.
What is it?

It is that a Coaches Color in College Football does NOT matter to fans or schools, as long as he is WINNING games and playing for Championships.
Just win baby...
Period.

When teams win the last thing on any fans mind is the color of the Coaches skin.

For Luke he wants to make a flash point, and uses Herbstreit as the catalyst.....
Luke is an ASSH*** and a Narcistic idiot so ignore his nonsense.....

WINS matter to us.........end of story.....and if our Coaches win we love 'em. PERIOD....warts and all....Fu** Puke....
We love our wins...

Advertisement

You think Alabama has ALWAYS won like this? They haven't, they were the epitome of mediocre for the better part of 20+ years, and even then, they STILL had their community to rely on. Clemson was nothing for DECADES after Danny Ford left, but if a kid in their area wanted to go to Clemson, they got him, period. Same with Texas, same with a lot of other schools that have fanbases that aren't trash. Once again, Miami is expected to win despite a fanbase that provides **** near nothing. They don't give, they don't support in tough times(Even when times are good, every game isn't a sellout), and they allow the one advantage the school has to be siphoned off by scummy programs. Unfortunately, the alumni can't carry it all ourselves, because we are decentralized(Most of us GTFO out of South Florida after graduation, because well, most rational people have zero interest in staying there to raise a family)

Our fanbase treats the program like a pro team, and then acts shocked when things go sideways. Has the athletic department helped themselves? No, they've made **** poor hires, were slow to adjust to the arms race in regards to facilities and did a terrible job of leveraging available resources. That said, it's a fool's errand to expect any program to win DESPITE the community that surrounds it. College football is all about unity, having a community unite with the University to leverage all available resources to achieve an end goal. Tough to do that when the lifeblood of your program is consistently sucked away, thanks to talent pimps and the like. Not only that, the local community knows it is going on and does nothing to prevent it.

I also think it is wildly unfair that Taggart got fired. He should have been FSUs HC for the next 10 years.
Lifetime contract or GTFO.

On the other hand, they are still paying him and the best they could afford is Norvell as a result. Like Kirk, I consider Willie Taggart a close personal friend because of all he has done for FSU football.

You think Alabama has ALWAYS won like this? They haven't, they were the epitome of mediocre for the better part of 20+ years, and even then, they STILL had their community to rely on. Clemson was nothing for DECADES after Danny Ford left, but if a kid in their area wanted to go to Clemson, they got him, period. Same with Texas, same with a lot of other schools that have fanbases that aren't trash. Once again, Miami is expected to win despite a fanbase that provides **** near nothing. They don't give, they don't support in tough times(Even when times are good, every game isn't a sellout), and they allow the one advantage the school has to be siphoned off by scummy programs. Unfortunately, the alumni can't carry it all ourselves, because we are decentralized(Most of us GTFO out of South Florida after graduation, because well, most rational people have zero interest in staying there to raise a family)

Our fanbase treats the program like a pro team, and then acts shocked when things go sideways. Has the athletic department helped themselves? No, they've made **** poor hires, were slow to adjust to the arms race in regards to facilities and did a terrible job of leveraging available resources. That said, it's a fool's errand to expect any program to win DESPITE the community that surrounds it. College football is all about unity, having a community unite with the University to leverage all available resources to achieve an end goal. Tough to do that when the lifeblood of your program is consistently sucked away, thanks to talent pimps and the like. Not only that, the local community knows it is going on and does nothing to prevent it.

I wasn't talking about Alabama pre-Saban, I was talking about Alabama since they hired Saban...and all they've done since they hired Saban is win, win, win...C...O...N...S...I...S...T...E...N...T...L...Y...!...!...!

And besides Saban coming down here cherry picking the top National guys, we actually hold our own vs them locally, even Golden. But where we had to stop the hemorrhaging of local guys was against UF, and we did that starting this cycle. Obviously the local kids saw enough positive coming out of the program to sign on the dotted line.

As far as fan attendance/support goes, I'll let the people whose job it is to worry about that.

Nevertheless, it's up to Manny to roll up a couple of 10-11 win seasons & bowl games...P...E...R...I...O...D...!...!...!

Advertisement
Back