Your favorite uncle is back at it

Advertisement
…..and Herbie is either intentionally elevating Luke’s tweet, or is too dumb to realize that is exactly what he’s doing. Your analogy is 100% correct.

For me the bottom line is this, I look at him in relation to Miami.

He can be right about a million different issues, and in this case, anybody can hit this issue out of the park. Historically right up until today, no one can deny that there’s been a significant discrepancy in the way AA coaches are hired and retained.

I don’t look at Puke in those terms. There are people with way more gravitas from the same general community, that I would listen to, before I listen to him on anything.

But that’s another issue for another discussion.

My concern with him has always been the double standard he applies to Miami, and the way he venomously attacks it based on any real or perceived slight, and sometimes for the silliest most inconsequential things.
Like you I could care less about Luke. But like most blowhards, if he spews enough words a few of them will be accurate. He’s basically a broken clock that’s is correct 2x per day.
But he’s basically useless as a person and he’s less than useless to UM because of the association he created by wearing our jackets in his early videos. Which frankly was 2 Live Crew using the Canes to publicize that they were from Miami and UM was the single most recognizable brand for the city in the 80’s. And then Corbin puts Luke’s “song” on the most watched 30 for 30 and bam, to America the connection between Luke and UM still exists.
I hate the association because Luke does not care about UM one bit, Never did and never has.

We need an emoji with 15 thumbs up. 1 does not do your comment justice
people would overuse that emoji unless there was a limit to how many times it could be used. I would save my rationed emojis for such occasions as this when the perfect post is made.

Advertisement
My issue with Uncle Luke is my issue with the mainstream black community in general… the begging / victim mentality. Lol Willie Taggart and Charlie Strong are millionaires a long with Uncle Luke and a host of other black ppl in this country.…nothing for them to complain about the name of the game is Infiltration, get in get out… and go build something.
Ppl pick and choose when they have a problem with begging white millionaires like trump get millions of dollars in PPP money not begging victim mentality. Individuals get welfare victim and begging mentality.

Sad. Some people can't get past color of skin. It's all they see. Does Luke seriously believe that with all the $$$$ at stake with W's and L's that University President's and NFL owners hire or fire based on skin color. Larry Coker and Randy Shannon have different skin colors but both got fired for not getting a specific job done. I don't pull for any man simply because of the shade of his skin color. This is the kind of racism that keeps the flames of racism alive and well.

If Kirk criticizes any coach I don't believe the coaches skin color is even on his list.

Criticizing a coach is ok, unless he is a similar color to Luke. This is insulting to these grown men that have climbed up the ranks by being great coaches (not for being black). The same goes for the criticism. Sometimes it's not the right fit or situation. Sometimes, it's time to taste the opposite end of the fruits of the success that got them there. These men are not victims of racism, they are victims of a cut throat business, that is all.

Get over yourself, Luke. Let's judge men according to their character and not the color of their skin. Words from a wise man that never claimed perpetual victimhood.
That’s a pretty naive and illogical statement. Coker and Shannon don’t prove or disprove anything about a general statement regarding all presidents and nfl owners Just dropping their names doesn’t tell us about the decisions around them, either. And most importantly, the idea that commercial motives somehow disprove racism is bizarre to utter when history shows us that racism was embedded in commerce and law for centuries. Moreover, few claim the issue is as simple as someone gets hired or fired solely because of their race. There are always multiple factors involved. But people do form decisions based on connecting dots to form a pattern, and preconceived views absolutely are part of how people do that. It’s not at all unlikely that Taggert got fired faster because of his skin color. He certainly didn’t get the benefit of the doubt. It’s not even ‘uneconomic’ - plenty of boosters may have wanted him gone with that as an underlying issue. Does that justify the president going along, because it’s ‘economic’?

Golden got 5 years here when it was painfully obvious he was a disaster. Plenty of fans to this day claim he would have been successful if only he’d fired his friend. It’s apparently because he ‘looks’ and ‘talks’ the part of what they imagine a head coach to be. It’s certainly not because he demonstrated the things a successful coach needs to demonstrate.

I’m not defending Luke or his approach but you don’t have to go into denial to disapprove of his approach, either.

That’s a pretty naive and illogical statement. Coker and Shannon don’t prove or disprove anything about a general statement regarding all presidents and nfl owners Just dropping their names doesn’t tell us about the decisions around them, either. And most importantly, the idea that commercial motives somehow disprove racism is bizarre to utter when history shows us that racism was embedded in commerce and law for centuries. Moreover, few claim the issue is as simple as someone gets hired or fired solely because of their race. There are always multiple factors involved. But people do form decisions based on connecting dots to form a pattern, and preconceived views absolutely are part of how people do that. It’s not at all unlikely that Taggert got fired faster because of his skin color. He certainly didn’t get the benefit of the doubt. It’s not even ‘uneconomic’ - plenty of boosters may have wanted him gone with that as an underlying issue. Does that justify the president going along, because it’s ‘economic’?

Golden got 5 years here when it was painfully obvious he was a disaster. Plenty of fans to this day claim he would have been successful if only he’d fired his friend. It’s apparently because he ‘looks’ and ‘talks’ the part of what they imagine a head coach to be. It’s certainly not because he demonstrated the things a successful coach needs to demonstrate.

I’m not defending Luke or his approach but you don’t have to go into denial to disapprove of his approach, either.
My personal opinion is that Puke is such a flawed conduit to discuss any of this as he taints the entire picture too much to actually move onto meaningful discourse buttttt I gotta give you some major kudos for sneaking a little CRT into CIS. That's a bold move in today's climate, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off and anyone catches it and has the requisite meltdown.

Advertisement

No denial here. Luke is a racist. In the truest definition of the word. Not the "I don't like you politics" kind of racist. Race shouldn't even be in the conversation. Did Taggert get hired because of his skin color? It's only racist when a black coach gets criticized or fired? So the same people that had a say in his hiring are not racist until they fire him? So according to you, do not fire or criticize a black coach because of his skin color or "racism".

Anyone that has a basic understanding of history knows how bad of a stain slavery was to this country. Every country and every people throughout the history of the world owned or mistreated different types of people. This is not an excuse for every thing you disagree with, in relation to a black man, as racist.

Luke believes that Taggarts merits and character can't stand on their own separate from skin color. I say they can. He seemed like a class act (nothing to do with race). He will get another coaching job and work his way back (nothing to do with color of skin).

Racism will always exist. No government can legislate hate or ignorance out of mens heart. We live in the least racist country on this earth. Not all racism is defined as black and white. Treat well everyman according to his character and you can help make this world a better place.

Saying that a hint of a man's character is the team he pulls for. So it's OK to have a dab of hate in your heart for FSU, ND, UF, and Nebraska fans.

Taggart is currently on his 5th head coaching job and Strong is in the NFL now but has had 3 head coaching jobs.

OK, and?

Alabama was Bear Bryant's 4th job...OSU was Meyer's 4th job...judging how good a HC is (or isn't) by how many jobs He's had is just plain dumb.

Fact of the matter is, Taggart took over 4 crappy programs and He turned 3 of them around...that's more than I can say about Chip Kelly & Scott Frost.

Advertisement
Funny how luke is back to sucking off fsu when fsu is who fired Willy.
Because Luke isn’t loyal to FSU, he’s not loyal to anyone but Luke. Everything he does is out of desperation to stay relevant. Pose with UM coaches and players one day, suck off FSU the next, call FSU racist the day after that. It doesn’t matter as long as he stays relevant on Twitter or whatever media platform that will stay pay attention. At least his lawyer wife divorced him so his dreams of pimping local kids long after college as their agent are dead for now.

Advertisement
I agree,
Miami-Hurricanes-Keep-Willie-Taggart-Shirt.jpg
Sad day for our Canes when FSU made the terrible decision to not reward Taggart with a 10 year extension.

They also owe me damages for ruining my collection of turnover fannypacks.

It was going to be the next big thing!!!

Advertisement
Back