Your favorite uncle is back at it

You think Alabama has ALWAYS won like this? They haven't, they were the epitome of mediocre for the better part of 20+ years, and even then, they STILL had their community to rely on. Clemson was nothing for DECADES after Danny Ford left, but if a kid in their area wanted to go to Clemson, they got him, period. Same with Texas, same with a lot of other schools that have fanbases that aren't trash. Once again, Miami is expected to win despite a fanbase that provides **** near nothing. They don't give, they don't support in tough times(Even when times are good, every game isn't a sellout), and they allow the one advantage the school has to be siphoned off by scummy programs. Unfortunately, the alumni can't carry it all ourselves, because we are decentralized(Most of us GTFO out of South Florida after graduation, because well, most rational people have zero interest in staying there to raise a family)

Our fanbase treats the program like a pro team, and then acts shocked when things go sideways. Has the athletic department helped themselves? No, they've made **** poor hires, were slow to adjust to the arms race in regards to facilities and did a terrible job of leveraging available resources. That said, it's a fool's errand to expect any program to win DESPITE the community that surrounds it. College football is all about unity, having a community unite with the University to leverage all available resources to achieve an end goal. Tough to do that when the lifeblood of your program is consistently sucked away, thanks to talent pimps and the like. Not only that, the local community knows it is going on and does nothing to prevent it.
Yea none of that is true. Texas has STRUGGLED getting any of the top Texas kids in recent years. Plenty of guys from Alabama and South Carolina left the state or went to Auburn/South Carolina while Bama and Clemson were down, respectively. And you are overlooking another huge piece. Alabama and Clemson's rise coincided perfectly with the South's population boom. Neither state used to produce nearly as much talent as they do over the last few years. We will see how much of a lock they have if Bama takes a step back after Saban leaves, and the same with Clemson and Dabo.

Miami is an absolute cesspool to recruit in, and Broward/Palm Beach are somehow even worse towards us, but it is a total fallacy to say these other states blindly send kids there while they are struggling. Louisiana and LSU is probably the closest to that. We have it worse than most for sure, but no matter where it is, you still need to win and develop guys into NFL picks to lock down a region.

Advertisement
Yea none of that is true. Texas has STRUGGLED getting any of the top Texas kids in recent years. Plenty of guys from Alabama and South Carolina left the state or went to Auburn/South Carolina while Bama and Clemson were down, respectively. And you are overlooking another huge piece. Alabama and Clemson's rise coincided perfectly with the South's population boom. Neither state used to produce nearly as much talent as they do over the last few years. We will see how much of a lock they have if Bama takes a step back after Saban leaves, and the same with Clemson and Dabo.

Miami is an absolute cesspool to recruit in, and Broward/Palm Beach are somehow even worse towards us, but it is a total fallacy to say these other states blindly send kids there while they are struggling. Louisiana and LSU is probably the closest to that. We have it worse than most for sure, but no matter where it is, you still need to win and develop guys into NFL picks to lock down a region.

Very good point. And part of that boom was people moving from the Mid-West as a result of the auto plants shutting down, and then the cost of living is very reasonable.

I call these Alley-Oop Threads. Catch the lobbed drift/opportunity and dunk it. All Luke Threads are taken as an opportunity to minimize and trivialize racism. Commenting on a posted Luke quote thread is often taken as a free pass for a micro-aggression. The usual suspects comaa running and it’s a sure shot 5 pager at minimum. Everyone soooooo tired of hearing about racism (embraced victimhood concerning having to hear about racism) but imagine how exhausted those who actually experience it must be.

And guess what, they ain’t even responding to posts like this.

Last edited:
getting to the point where you can't fire anyone unless they're white skinned.

yawn

Advertisement

LSU hits on over 80 percent of the in state kids they offer even when Miles was tanking that program. Clemson getting that running back was an anomaly of epic proportions.

LSU hits on over 80 percent of the in state kids they offer even when Miles was tanking that program. Clemson getting that running back was an anomaly of epic proportions.
Like I said, Louisiana is probably the closest to being immune from it, but even Miles could look back and say they won a title under him. Dabo goes to the pros and the next hire doesn’t produce similar results, watch how quick top players from the state go to Georgia, Bama, etc.

Advertisement
No one cares about Luke between Jan to July! It shows how irrelevant he is. Now he pokes his head out the backside of a donkey to say something stupid, he gets a reaction! Uncle Dooki is a troll. Lets keep our focus guys on what's important. We need to close on our recruits, King needs to be healthy, we need to kick Bama's ***, turnover chain? Diaz 3rd year a charm? will we be better prepared after a bye week? AW arrested and off the team?...dam! We have a lot to worry about and some are getting trolled by guy a sticking his head out of an ***!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Idont even care about the whole race ****. Like to me arguing about it just creates more anger and stupid ****. Just coach my canes to elite I don't care about anything else. If u suck at the job if your good at the job is what I'm about...black white Puerto Rican aliens don't matter I treat them all the same. If u suck as HC gtfo....if u get fired early I don't look at the color it is what it is....**** happens. This whole race **** will never end so I just don't dive into that social media ****...people are racist and it's not my job to think for them or be upset about it. U cant predict if someone is racist u cant guess so u just wasting time, and u cant think for anyone just be kind and chill and do you man....... I'm just rooting for my canes fuq everything else. If u want to get along with me i'll get along with u easy race dont matter to me or looks.
A colloquially expressed yet extremely accurate and refreshingly honest assessment. A far cry from the hackneyed, overly regurgitated, wannabe politically correct, virtue signaling, vapid yet empty, meaningless and narcissistic tripe one is usually tasked with navigating through when a topic such as this is discussed.

In other words......Great Post!

I’m not going to speak on race, though I’m sure it plays a role, because it’s complex and I’m not that smart. I will say that football, more so than other sports, has a problem with recycling ****** coaches. When someone like Jeff Fisher in the NFL or Will Muschamp in college can cash head coach checks for multiple teams for so long, you realize some higher ups are dumb or looking out for people they know.

Advertisement
See yall tell half truths. He resigned because he kept making comments that ****ed the OU faithful off. His relationship became so toxic that he didnt want to coach there thats diff than the coaches mentioned in this thread.
Maybe he was just smart to see the writing on the wall.

Advertisement
Back