Your favorite uncle is back at it

Tired Britney Spears GIF
Is she having a good time or a bad time?

Advertisement
Don't care what anyone says but Like has a point and the facts bear that out. Dude can be around rhe bend sometimes but he's spot on here. Not liking him or what he said doesn't make him wrong.
What’s he going at Herbstreit for though???

Advertisement
Sad. Some people can't get past color of skin. It's all they see. Does Luke seriously believe that with all the $$$$ at stake with W's and L's that University President's and NFL owners hire or fire based on skin color. Larry Coker and Randy Shannon have different skin colors but both got fired for not getting a specific job done. I don't pull for any man simply because of the shade of his skin color. This is the kind of racism that keeps the flames of racism alive and well.

If Kirk criticizes any coach I don't believe the coaches skin color is even on his list.

Criticizing a coach is ok, unless he is a similar color to Luke. This is insulting to these grown men that have climbed up the ranks by being great coaches (not for being black). The same goes for the criticism. Sometimes it's not the right fit or situation. Sometimes, it's time to taste the opposite end of the fruits of the success that got them there. These men are not victims of racism, they are victims of a cut throat business, that is all.

Get over yourself, Luke. Let's judge men according to their character and not the color of their skin. Words from a wise man that never claimed perpetual victimhood.

I love it when people try to latch onto Dr. King, ignoring what he actually said, and what he actually fought for. It's not an accident, the same people who most likely cheered when he was murdered are the same people that are intentionally misconstruing his philosophy today. Dr. King was called a Communist while he was alive, merely because he believed that a society had a duty to look out for those less fortunate. He believed in economic justice. If you are going to quote Dr. King, QUOTE EVERYTHING. Don't just cherry pick the man's words, the right has done that for years, and frankly, we are tired of it.

Is Luke wrong in this case? Yes(Willie was a disaster, and FSU realized that he wasn't the answer early on), but let's not act like there isn't a racial component to hiring and firing in collegiate athletics and sports as a whole. We can discuss the gatekeeping in regards to admin jobs, it's not an accident that most athletic department higher ups come from the same social and racial groups.

Charlie Strong was tasked with fixing years of garbage at UT, and Boosters were trying to get him out of there the moment he signed the contract. Things about his personal life were whispered about(Most of which was untrue), because people like Red McCombs are pieces of crap. Frankly, Charlie should have NEVER taken that job because he was set up to fail, barring him fixing what was wrong in one season. He also isn't a politician, he's a disciplinarian, he needed to be at a program that allowed for that kind of mindset(Louisville let him do his job the way he wanted to with minimal interference) We can talk about the numerous BIPOC assistants that won't ever get a shot(Especially at the NFL Level), while mediocre entities keep getting chances. You think that a Black version of Kliff Kingsbury would ever be allowed to be mediocre AT BEST at the collegiate level, and then get an NFL HC gig? Of course not. Eric Bieniemy is still waiting for a shot, and most likely will never get one to be honest, not unless he takes some garbage job that has a high failure probability.

There's a reason why NIL took so long to come along, there's a reason why people like Dabo Swinney are so against the athletes getting paid. They are scared to death of mostly minority, working class kids not being totally under their thumb. People like Dabo have had a plantation mentality for years, and whenever I hear someone say "I like college sports more than pro, because things are done "The right way"" I know exactly the kind of person I'm dealing with. Pro athletes have leverage, pro athletes can stand up for themselves and others in a way a college kid can't(Well, that is until NIL came along).

Last edited:
The mentality towards the home team is so ****ed up locally. It’s not just recruits. You don’t see this anywhere else. The gaytors didn’t recruit Quan Lee out of Bucholtz and no one blinks an eye.

We have a mercenary fanbase, this school in a lot of cases succeeds DESPITE the local fans. It's tough to watch as an alum, because we can see the good this University does for the community, but the community consistently ***** on the University.

We have a mercenary fanbase, this school in a lot of cases succeeds DESPITE the local fans. It's tough to watch as an alum, because we can see the good this University does for the community, but the community consistently ***** on the University.
I feel like there’s a solid contingent of fans in the community throughout Dade and they’re really loyal but it’s like we always seem to be the ones being held to a different standard as we are local so it’s like there’s anger if we don’t offer and pursue early. I read the gaytor board a lot and I never see threads and/or posts talking about any backlash on the gaytor when they do the same thing in central Florida.

Advertisement
My issue with Uncle Luke is my issue with the mainstream black community in general… the begging / victim mentality. Lol Willie Taggart and Charlie Strong are millionaires a long with Uncle Luke and a host of other black ppl in this country.…nothing for them to complain about the name of the game is Infiltration, get in get out… and go build something.

I feel like there’s a solid contingent of fans in the community throughout Dade and they’re really loyal but it’s like we always seem to be the ones being held to a different standard as we are local so it’s like there’s anger if we don’t offer and pursue early. I reas the gaytor board a lot and I never see threads and/or posts talking about any backlash on the gaytor when they do the same thing in central Florida.

Don't get me wrong, we have some loyal fans in Dade, people that we can count on, that love the University as a whole. Unfortunately, the typical local Miami fan isn't that. We don't have the community support and it shows in recruiting, it shows in so many other things. Even if we offer a kid, and we really push hard, the community will not stand with the University and make sure the school isn't washed out by the SEC. If a local kid in Alabama wants to go to Alabama, and is offered, he's going. The community will see to it that other schools aren't able to poach. Our mercenary community will take the money and then steer the kid away from Miami. Then, they'll throw the University under the bus afterwards.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, we have some loyal fans in Dade, people that we can count on, that love the University as a whole. Unfortunately, the typical local Miami fan isn't that. We don't have the community support and it shows in recruiting, it shows in so many other things. Even if we offer a kid, and we really push hard, the community will not stand with the University and make sure the school isn't washed out by the SEC. If a local kid in Alabama wants to go to Alabama, and is offered, he's going. The community will see to it that other schools aren't able to poach. Our mercenary community will take the money and then steer the kid away from Miami. Then, they'll throw the University under the bus afterwards.
Its deeper than this you have kids and people in the community who are allowed to publicly bash UM. I live in atlanta you start poking that bear with UGA you might need to call Uhaul because good luck finding a decent paying job things could get real difficult for you.

Advertisement
I don't care what you guys are saying in this thread but I personally absolutely WILL NOT stand for anyone attacking a longtime loyal Canes fan....especially when some clown from a rival program is involved.

That's why I stand with honorary Cane Kirk Herbstreit against ANY slander from longtime Nole slurper Grandpa Puke.

See yall tell half truths. He resigned because he kept making comments that ****ed the OU faithful off. His relationship became so toxic that he didnt want to coach there thats diff than the coaches mentioned in this thread.
That’s fair. I couldn’t remember why he left, just that he was out after a year...if that’s the case then that’s really not a qualifier.

Advertisement
What’s he going at Herbstreit for though???
I assume because Herbie is someone people listen to and read so by going after Herbie and getting a reply, now Luke gets into the conversation. If Luke does not go after Herbie probably no one reads his initial comment. Luke without Herbie’s reply is basically a tree falling in the woods with no one around to hear it.

Its deeper than this you have kids and people in the community who are allowed to publicly bash UM. I live in atlanta you start poking that bear with UGA you might need to call Uhaul because good luck finding a decent paying job things could get real difficult for you.
You are right on that. You are able to crap on Miami, and not suffer any consequences. I grew up in Dallas, even when SMU was godawful, there were consequences for doing things that hurt that program. Following their expose on the program(that helped lead to the Death Penalty), the Dallas Times Herald lost a ton of ad revenue, so much that they were put out of business.

I assume because Herbie is someone people listen to and read so by going after Herbie and getting a reply, now Luke gets into the conversation. If Luke does not go after Herbie probably no one reads his initial comment. Luke without Herbie’s reply is basically a tree falling in the woods with no one around to hear it.

…..and Herbie is either intentionally elevating Luke’s tweet, or is too dumb to realize that is exactly what he’s doing. Your analogy is 100% correct.

For me the bottom line is this, I look at him in relation to Miami.

He can be right about a million different issues, and in this case, anybody can hit this issue out of the park. Historically right up until today, no one can deny that there’s been a significant discrepancy in the way AA coaches are hired and retained.

I don’t look at Puke in those terms. There are people with way more gravitas from the same general community, that I would listen to, before I listen to him on anything.

But that’s another issue for another discussion.

My concern with him has always been the double standard he applies to Miami, and the way he venomously attacks it based on any real or perceived slight, and sometimes for the silliest most inconsequential things.

Advertisement
Back