Who do you think is the better WR: Jeff Thomas or Ahmmon Richards?

Chill out Malik.. Yes, teams like Pitt stacked the box against us and DARED us to beat them with the pass. Once other teams realized that they all stacked the box. You can't run if they stack the box and of course if your QB is stinking up. Mailing played okay at the beginning of the season, yes. Could he have had a much better year with better numbers... Easily. You act like Miami been running spread and dude broke some crazy record. And he didn't break the record because he's better than everyone else who's been here lol.
If you can pass the ball efficiently that opens up the run game. And as I said, our receivers were mauling CBs downfield. We had guys running open everywhere and buddy couldn't hit them. If I were Richt I would've pulled him too.

Bull****. Proven this wrong so many times I don't even feel like repeating myself. Pitt played Cover 4/Quarters all game long. The never put a safety anywhere near the box. Search my comments if you want a more detailed breakdown. I don't feel the need to bore the board just to prove one more person with this asinine theory wrong again.

And besides. It was Pitt. They should have needed the Pennsylvania National Guard to hold our running backs to 16 yards. Don't be stupid.

Advertisement
AR by a long shot. Jeff Thomas only runs the 9 route and a post AR gives u the whole route tree. Until i see different in a game its AR. Never mind what coaches say .

lol at AR gives you the whole route tree.. what kind of made up **** is this? It's whatever your assignment is you sound like JT would turn to a glitching robot if he was forced to run any other routes besides what he was told to last year??

i wouldnt be surprised if Jeff, playing the slot, outproduces Ahmmon this year.
I agree with this. Berrios played outside for awhile in his career and didn’t do jack **** as a small fast shifty guy but then he was moved to the slot, had a great year and was a draft pick for Patriots. Thomas is better than Berrios IMO and now we get to see what he does in the slot.

AR82 took advantage of a weak WR group his freshman year... if he wouldve came in this year with the rest of this freshman class he wouldnt have had the same opportunity... several WRs on our team now wouldve had the same type of impact if they swapped places with AR82 his freshman year.

The only correct answer here is Richards.

Jeff May be a touch faster, but besides that Richards is superior to him in every aspect of playing the position.

A healthy Richards had the better Freshman year by far.
A healthy Richards had Brad kaaya and not rosier feeding him the ball as a top 2 receiver option on the team from the get go. Big difference

Advertisement
AR82 took advantage of a weak WR group his freshman year... if he wouldve came in this year with the rest of this freshman class he wouldnt have had the same opportunity... several WRs on our team now wouldve had the same type of impact if they swapped places with AR82 his freshman year.

Lol what? 2016 we had Coley, Njoku, and Richards. 2017 was mostly just Berrios, Richards (when healthy) and then take your pick of Thomas, Cager, Langham or Harris. 2016 group was way better.

Lol what? 2016 we had Coley, Njoku, and Richards. 2017 was mostly just Berrios, Richards (when healthy) and then take your pick of Thomas, Cager, Langham or Harris. 2016 group was way better.

bruh that 2016 group was weak by comparison, Njoku was a TE mane... aside from Coley there were no other proven WRs for that #2 spot. Berrios was always a slot guy. And Cager got injured before the season started... AR82 was gifted the #2 spot.

You think Langham and Harris was legit competition?? compare to this group and it's not even close.

bruh that 2016 group was weak by comparison, Njoku was a TE mane... aside from Coley there were no other proven WRs for that #2 spot. Berrios was always a slot guy. And Cager got injured before the season started... AR82 was gifted the #2 spot.

You think Langham and Harris was legit competition?? compare to this group and it's not even close.

Njoku played a ton of WR, and Berrios was still on the team. You're arguing that Richards was able to produce what he did because there were fewer options and that's not close to true. I don't think that Thomas (or Harley or whoever else the "several WR's" you were talking about) would've broken records like Richards.

Advertisement
Let me preface this by saying I'm no Mike Mayock or WR analyst.

I just think by the end of 2018, and with better QB play, that Jeff Thomas will be a top 5 player in the country. I just don't understand how you defend his skill set especially if Dugans has made him into a more polished route runner(like a faster Antonio Brown). He's too fast! To me, he does things that Ahmmon Richards can't do. I would love to see him utilized like Tavon Austin, Desean Jackson, and Tyreek Hill.

I think he will have that type of impact this season. Discuss!

Jeff's moves on the corner post against UNC at :42 and the go route against NCST at 1:24, how?

The players you just compared Thomas to are gadget players....Im going to take a split end over a gadget guy most times.

Long run Thomas will be better IMO. That being said, WGAS, they’re both unreal and give us a top 3 tandem in all of CFB

He’s not far better at that, it’s just not accurate. I love Richards ability and he’s an elite receiver but he can’t make that move like Jeff did(consistently does but malik never finds him) vs unc. Not many can honestly
My favorite Thomas play was the rose bowl where he did 3 juke moves on a db after a screen, took a step back then got stripped.

No we are just comparing like ya know real, actual on field results and such. But sure let's go back to hypotheticals.

Advertisement

Ummmmmmmmm
Langham and Harris produced more in 17 than 16 dude...

Let me preface this by saying I'm no Mike Mayock or WR analyst.

I just think by the end of 2018, and with better QB play, that Jeff Thomas will be a top 5 player in the country. I just don't understand how you defend his skill set especially if Dugans has made him into a more polished route runner(like a faster Antonio Brown). He's too fast! To me, he does things that Ahmmon Richards can't do. I would love to see him utilized like Tavon Austin, Desean Jackson, and Tyreek Hill.

I think he will have that type of impact this season. Discuss!

Jeff's moves on the corner post against UNC at :42 and the go route against NCST at 1:24, how?

After watching those highlights of Richards, all I can think is the kid is special and is going to really do his thing on the next. Its like we or shall I say I almost forgot how good he really is with him being out injured the past two season basically seems like. Jeff Thomas is also one of my favorites and is going to play a key part in returning this offense to a very scary nightmare, not just in the ACC but for every other team that ends up being matched up with us in post season play. Can't wait for the season to get here. Then when you add in Hightower and Pope :concern: Idk man, I feel sorry for the opposition. Also a healthy Njoku, a hungry to make the Cager, a don't want to be left behind Harley ( he will get plenty of shine if we blowout teams like we're suppose to) and all the other receivers in the room. Its going to be tough to defend and this LSU game will definitely set the tone and have the nation talking again, this year the offense takes the shine.

Advertisement
I think of it like Reggie vs Santana. Reggie was the better WR but Santana was just a game changing play waiting to happen.

Richards is much, much, much better than Thomas. Thomas still has a ton of potential, but Richards’ WR skills are on a totally different planet.

Advertisement
Back