Who do you think is the better WR: Jeff Thomas or Ahmmon Richards?

You've gotta be kidding. Look at that beautiful double move.

I'm not kidding at all. As I've said, for Rosier to hit him in stride he would've needed to throw it about 70 yards across his body. Maybe it was the play, but it's certainly worth questioning.

Advertisement
Thomas can take the top off but so can Richards. However, Thomas will never be able to do some of the things that Richards can do. That TD catch Richard made against UVA - Thomas never makes that catch. Not big enough, not enough catch radius.

Thomas can take the top off but so can Richards. However, Thomas will never be able to do some of the things that Richards can do. That TD catch Richard made against UVA - Thomas never makes that catch. Not big enough, not enough catch radius.

Exactly. He is too much OVERALL.

There is really nothing Jeff can do that Ahmmon can't. There is plenty that Ahmmon can do that Jeff cant.

I'm just glad we have them both. After next season we'll be having this same conversation about Richards, Thomas, Hightower, Pope, etc.

Advertisement
image.jpeg

Love JT4, defended him a lot when that dumbass troll Dopple was bashing him last year. I think he's a great dynamic WR with turbo boosters on his cleats, still has a lot of potential to do some great things in his career here, but he's yet to be dominant & take over a game.

Ahmmon has had multiple games where he absolutely dominated. Still remember how he completely changed the game vs VA when he housed that TD.

Ahmmon is a 1st round top 20 pick type talent when he's healthy & playing at optimum level.

For me yes richards is the better overall receiver and probably always will be but imo Thomas has a 1 or 2 things in his game that’s a little better than Richards. The way Thomas get off the line is not easily matched and it isn’t a slight on richards it’s just facts.

Regardless I dont Think last season we used Jeff Thomas good enough in the offense. His season started off really slow in the first 4 games and it was off and on throughout the rest of the season. I Expect more from him but 22 ypc was really good. Needs the ball more

Last edited:
AR82 is a beast but he has only 6 career TDs... his body of work is not insurmountable. I’m sure he can do it but He hasn’t even passed up Stacy Coley yet y’all be hyping him like he’s already one of the All time UM greats.
TD numbers are down but he still broke a record owned by Michael Irvin 🤔🤔🤔

Advertisement
AR by a long shot. Jeff Thomas only runs the 9 route and a post AR gives u the whole route tree. Until i see different in a game its AR. Never mind what coaches say .

Watching jt film man did rosier cost him some touchdowns and yards. All in all glad we've got both but I gotta ride with AR.

Not even close AR when healthy is a top 5 WR in the country. JT will not be a top 5 player on this team next year.

Advertisement
We should have gone to Thomas more often later in the season. Kid was always open! Of course our QB couldn't pass to save his life... I mean even Michael Irvin was open a LOT in the middle of the field but we had the worst QB in CFB last year. Teams just stacked the box against us. We couldn't hit a seam or fade. If we can find a way to pass efficiently our RBs will ball out because ALL our WRs block their asses off.
L
O
L

This again? Our QB set the Miami single season record for yards and TD, and we had to cancel a cupcake game. He was inconsistent and struggled with accuracy, but when he was on, he was on. The numbers didn't just magically appear. And teams didn't "stack the box" on us to force the game into Rosier's hand. If they did, that was a stupid game plan, because he gained over 3,600 yards and scored 31 TD's.

Our whole offense was inconsistent. We were a 2 ypc rushing team 90% of the time that occasionally broke a big play. Frustratingly, we continued to play up to and down to the levels of our competition. Clemson aside, we murked good teams, and played stale as fvck against middling teams.

I really shouldn't be giving your opinion the time of day due to this:

" If we can find a way to pass efficiently our RBs will ball out because ALL our WRs block their asses off."

Three concepts.

Passing efficiency
RB's balling out
WR blocking

One of these does not belong.

The only correct answer here is Richards.

Jeff May be a touch faster, but besides that Richards is superior to him in every aspect of playing the position.

A healthy Richards had the better Freshman year by far.

Advertisement
Richards by a country mile if he can stay healthy.

Until proven otherwise Jeff Thomas is a poor mans Santana Moss (not a terrible thing to be) and Richards is the guy keeping defensive coordiantors awake at night.

L
O
L

This again? Our QB set the Miami single season record for yards and TD, and we had to cancel a cupcake game. He was inconsistent and struggled with accuracy, but when he was on, he was on. The numbers didn't just magically appear. And teams didn't "stack the box" on us to force the game into Rosier's hand. If they did, that was a stupid game plan, because he gained over 3,600 yards and scored 31 TD's.

Our whole offense was inconsistent. We were a 2 ypc rushing team 90% of the time that occasionally broke a big play. Frustratingly, we continued to play up to and down to the levels of our competition. Clemson aside, we murked good teams, and played stale as fvck against middling teams.

I really shouldn't be giving your opinion the time of day due to this:

" If we can find a way to pass efficiently our RBs will ball out because ALL our WRs block their asses off."

Three concepts.

Passing efficiency
RB's balling out
WR blocking

One of these does not belong.

Chill out Malik.. Yes, teams like Pitt stacked the box against us and DARED us to beat them with the pass. Once other teams realized that they all stacked the box. You can't run if they stack the box and of course if your QB is stinking up. Mailing played okay at the beginning of the season, yes. Could he have had a much better year with better numbers... Easily. You act like Miami been running spread and dude broke some crazy record. And he didn't break the record because he's better than everyone else who's been here lol.
If you can pass the ball efficiently that opens up the run game. And as I said, our receivers were mauling CBs downfield. We had guys running open everywhere and buddy couldn't hit them. If I were Richt I would've pulled him too.

Hightower is big time.. I can't wait... I think our 2nd string might be better than the 1st on offense

Advertisement
Back