Who do you think is the better WR: Jeff Thomas or Ahmmon Richards?

JustCanesBaby

Redshirt Freshman
Let me preface this by saying I'm no Mike Mayock or WR analyst.

I just think by the end of 2018, and with better QB play, that Jeff Thomas will be a top 5 player in the country. I just don't understand how you defend his skill set especially if Dugans has made him into a more polished route runner(like a faster Antonio Brown). He's too fast! To me, he does things that Ahmmon Richards can't do. I would love to see him utilized like Tavon Austin, Desean Jackson, and Tyreek Hill.

I think he will have that type of impact this season. Discuss!

Jeff's moves on the corner post against UNC at :42 and the go route against NCST at 1:24, how?

Advertisement
Ahmon Richards is the better WR and that's not a jab at Jeff Thomas. Richards is 6'1'' 195 running a 4.47 after knee surgery. Runs good routes and also takes the top off the defense. I think people are forgetting a little bit of what Richards did as a true freshman.

Add to that AR has the body to fight off DBs and go across the middle into traffic. Like you said it's not meant to slight Jeff at all just different builds and skill sets to really compare.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love Jeff Thomas' assets and his potential!!

He has the remarkable gifts that will soon make him an unstoppable complete monster at his position BUT Right now..... Ahmon Richards is without a doubt the BEST WR on this Miami football team

L

I just think by the end of 2018, and with better QB play, that Jeff Thomas will be a top 5 player in the country. I just don't understand how you defend his skill set especially if Dugans has made him into a more polished route runner(like a faster Antonio Brown). He's too fast! To me, he does things that Ahmmon Richards can't do. I would love to see him utilized like Tavon Austin, Desean Jackson, and Tyreek Hill.

?

It would take a MASSIVE jump for him to be a top 5 WR in the country, let alone player.

Also, we are no lock to have better QB this season.

It would take a MASSIVE jump for him to be a top 5 WR in the country, let alone player.

Also, we are no lock to have better QB this season.

Jeff Thomas should just worry about his route running and catching the ball. He'll get his opportunities regardless of the QB.

Advertisement
i wouldnt be surprised if Jeff, playing the slot, outproduces Ahmmon this year.

i wouldnt be surprised if Jeff, playing the slot, outproduces Ahmmon this year.

I'd like to see him stay on the outside and let Pope in the slot. A lot will depend on how Cager looks and whether he shows he belongs on the field more than Pope.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In order to be good, you have to CATCH THE BALL. AR has great hands.

Richards is the better receiver right now but that doesn’t mean Thomas doesn’t do some things better that Richards can. Prime example separation and getting open, Thomas is very special in this area of his game.

Richards is far better at creating separation. Thomas is better at running past people though, which is just as valuable.

Richards is far better at creating separation. Thomas is better at running past people though, which is just as valuable.
He’s not far better at that, it’s just not accurate. I love Richards ability and he’s an elite receiver but he can’t make that move like Jeff did(consistently does but malik never finds him) vs unc. Not many can honestly

Last edited:
Richards is the better receiver right now but that doesn’t mean Thomas doesn’t do some things better that Richards can. Prime example separation and getting open, Thomas is very special in this area of his game.

How does this make a lick of sense?

Please show me Gif/video proof of Thomas separating better than Richards. please.

Advertisement
Back