Who do you think is the better WR: Jeff Thomas or Ahmmon Richards?

AR is your standard Option 1 receiver in my eyes. Thomas is more of a game breaker type of guy who may have 2 or 3 catches but change the game. Both are great in their own way, I'd take AR though right now.

Advertisement
Ahmmon is the better WR. Jeff is faster than him but he needs to work on locating the ball. But it would have been interesting to see Jeff with Kaaya at QB like Ahmmon had in his freshman year.
I'm not a Kaaya fan but man Kaaya to Thomas would have been something special!

There is no way I can articulate in words how much I disagree with this.....but to each their own.

For the record, these two aren't in the same universe. AR82 has future pro bowl potential. For the love of God don't cite one game where he had drops because every receiver that has ever played the game of football has had a game like that from time to time.

until he can stay on the field, they are worlds apart

that ain't the only time he dropped a ball either

Advertisement
until he can stay on the field, they are worlds apart

that ain't the only time he dropped a ball either

I agree with the worlds apart statement....Thomas has a long way to go before he's in AR82 class and doesn't have the size or catch radius to probably ever get there. Those things are God-given.

It's so wrong to label a college WR "a faster Antonio Brown".

There's so much to AB's game no college player will ever possess, and that's ok.

As for comparing AR and JT speed is not everything. JT is super talented, but AR showed more as a complete WR in his freshman year.

EDIT: Just watched both videos again, and I'm not sure why one would even try and compare these two. No knock on JT at all, that's just how good AR was in his freshman year

Richards is the better receiver right now but that doesn’t mean Thomas doesn’t do some things better that Richards can. Prime example separation and getting open, Thomas is very special in this area of his game.
Bump

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is like asking whether a hot blonde is better than a hot brunette or redhead. Depends on whether you like blondes, brunettes or redheads better

Richards is the better receiver right now but that doesn’t mean Thomas doesn’t do some things better that Richards can. Prime example separation and getting open, Thomas is very special in this area of his game.
Bump

With Rosier I'll take Richards. Thomas is more valuable with an elite QB who can actually hit him in stride when he separates vertically. TY Hilton with and without Andrew Luck is a good barometer for Thomas. Or DeSean Jackson who was useless last year because Rapeis can't throw an accurate deep ball.

:thumbsup-kid:

Advertisement
If both healthy, AR by a landslide. But durability is definitely a concern for AR at this point. Dude just can’t stay on the field.

A receiver can only be the best on the team when he's actually on the field displaying his talents. So far this season we have seen a lot of Thomas, but very little of Richards.

Hard to compare ....AR has taken a step back since his injuries.....also, needs to let the game come to him...right now hes thinking too much imo....Jeff can be more dynamic if he works on finishing plays....he slows down sometimes when he looks back....as of now.... I gotta go with JT4 he's producing at a high level....

Advertisement
Back