Who do you think is the better WR: Jeff Thomas or Ahmmon Richards?

I think of it like Reggie vs Santana. Reggie was the better WR but Santana was just a game changing play waiting to happen.

I don’t. Richards has made way more “game changing” plays than Thomas, and did as a freshman too.

He averaged 19 YPC on 49 receptions. That’s absurd.

Advertisement
I don’t. Richards has made way more “game changing” plays than Thomas, and did as a freshman too.
Fair enough. I was going off what I see them becoming but you are correct, that play in the bowl game against WVU was a bigger game changer than anything Thomas has done thus far.

He averaged 19 YPC on 49 receptions. That’s absurd.
It is and Jeff averaged 22 ypc on 17 receptions. Ahmmon definitely is the better receiver Jeff is a pretty special talent as well. Didn’t see close to the scope of his game in 2017 imo

Last edited:
Isn’t it exciting that we can debate this? Lol I haven’t seen Miami stacked with this many weapons in a long time.

We haven’t even mentioned mark pope, Brian Hightower, cager, Harley as the rest of the 2 deep. And then you have Wiggins and Ezzard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Personally, I'm thankful that we have both on this team. Man I wish we had an elite QB, this offense would be unreal, as long as the OL was serviceable.

Personally, I'm thankful that we have both on this team. Man I wish we had an elite QB, this offense would be unreal, as long as the OL was serviceable.
JarrenWilliams2.jpg

While I think there is potential for Thomas to have a better season I think Richards is the slightly better player in almost every way.

Advertisement
Dumb thread. This isn't even close.

Richards is a prototype NFL receiver. A difference maker. A play maker. He runs great routes and has a good size/speed combo. The only knock on him is injuries.

I'd go as far as to say Richards is the key to our 2018 season.

dropped 3 balls vs syracuse

I'll be THAT guy and take thomas in the long run, the guy has IT potential.

no slight against richards, but thomas is special too

Eye test, I'd say AR.

But he needs to stay healthy.
Then again, I predicted that Braxton Berrios would be a good senior player last year, not a superstar, so what the **** do I know?

:)

JT runs crazy routes hes unguardable with a decent qb rosier missed him so many times an when he did hit him he had to slow down! Go to youtube and watch him an ivey go at it one on one hia routes are crazy! I wpuld lobe to see him used more like percy harvin an tavon austin he needs the ball in his hands!!! Were lucky to have both AR is amazing also broke mr.47s 31 year freshman record we stackin talent Pope, Hightower, Ezzard!! **** ya we comin!!

Advertisement

I’m surprised at how blind this fan base is to forget about that. It made me question how ready he really is for the NFL polished wise. He has the athleticism but JT looks more electric and his route running is insane

There is no way I can articulate in words how much I disagree with this.....but to each their own.

For the record, these two aren't in the same universe. AR82 has future pro bowl potential. For the love of God don't cite one game where he had drops because every receiver that has ever played the game of football has had a game like that from time to time.

There is no way I can articulate in words how much I disagree with this.....but to each their own.

For the record, these two aren't in the same universe. AR82 has future pro bowl potential. For the love of God don't cite one game where he had drops because every receiver that has ever played the game of football has had a game like that from time to time.

he’s pointing out the same thing scouts will point out. AR82 has future pro bowl potential okay I can agree, and I also strongly believe JT does too . Those are 2 very special players and most of y’all don’t even realize it.

“Not in the same universe” lol what has AR done that has made him FAR SUPERIOR to JT? Both are extremely talented.

Advertisement
Back