Who are the official visits this weekend?

Tariq Carpenter
Wilder
Gaynor
Herbert
Edwards
Thomas

Missing anyone?

the only solid kid in that group is Gaynor... Not sure that i like that in terms of environment for Thomas. I'm sure the EE's like Deejay will be around him a lot though.

Who should we anticipate being his host? Richards?

Wilder is solid

AR has to be hosting JT

Wilder has had a foot out the door since he committed

This close to signing day? It's a too little to late for other programs unless he has a history and I still think he'd pull a Harley.

His last OV is scheduled to be next weekend at Oregon with Taggert and Cristoballs.

Advertisement
Brian Edwards leaving this morning to take the sat or act and then he's coming back to campus

From Ivins....sources in East St. Louis say Thomas is en route and scheduled to arrive at 5pm with multiple family members.

The weather could not be better.

OK, am i the only one worried about those rumors of the Thomas family fishing for extras (ie they want to "move on up" out of their hometown)?

I look at it as a booster having to shack up a recruits family is going to be less then tuition at the school. So instead of giving a random scholarship to someone's loser sibling, you pay some rent and get a stud OoS receiver who can have a nice support system back up, were gonna make it happen.

Brian Edwards would be huge to add. Getting him would be a massive get.

I don't care about Harley, just give me Edwards.

Advertisement
the only solid kid in that group is Gaynor... Not sure that i like that in terms of environment for Thomas. I'm sure the EE's like Deejay will be around him a lot though.

Who should we anticipate being his host? Richards?

Wilder is solid

AR has to be hosting JT

Wilder has had a foot out the door since he committed

This close to signing day? It's a too little to late for other programs unless he has a history and I still think he'd pull a Harley.

His last OV is scheduled to be next weekend at Oregon with Taggert and Cristoballs.

Said he doesn't know if it will be Ore or LSU now and in all honesty the whole plan sounds flimsy, we'll see.

Herbert has a lot of bad baby weight on him...

I've said on multiple threads he needs a redshirt, I stand by that 100%...

Gaynor looks very fit & strong.

Advertisement

Agree on both assessments. Herbert's got a semi-truck tire around his belly. I know he wants immediate playing time, but any school that's promising he'll start day 1 is doing him a disservice. He doesn't have the build like Donaldson where the weight is distributed proportionately. Donaldson just needs to focus on diet and nutrition to go along with S&C for the next 6-7 months and he'll be straight. Herbert has to transform his body entirely for the next level. Having said that, I'd still take Herbert in a cold second as he could be a 3-year starter on the line after a RS year.

Edwards looks like a man-child at DB. Jesus.

Canes or Gators -- what do you guys honestly think? I know I'm being naive asking this on THIS board but I'm curious.

Agree on both assessments. Herbert's got a semi-truck tire around his belly. I know he wants immediate playing time, but any school that's promising he'll start day 1 is doing him a disservice. He doesn't have the build like Donaldson where the weight is distributed proportionately. Donaldson just needs to focus on diet and nutrition to go along with S&C for the next 6-7 months and he'll be straight. Herbert has to transform his body entirely for the next level. Having said that, I'd still take Herbert in a cold second as he could be a 3-year starter on the line after a RS year.

Definitely agree with yours and LCE's thoughts on Herbert. No harm in telling him that he will be given an opportunity to win a starting job as a Freshman but has to earn it. IF he does, more power to him.

Advertisement
Edwards looks like a beast man. No f'in way we can let the gators come down and take Davis, Wilson, Henderson AND Edwards. N f'in way

Gaynor and Donaldson gonna be 3-year starters. I'll take Herbert but missing out on him won't break my heart.

And aside from his physical makeup, I've felt he needed a redshirt simply based on watching him play.

He's an athlete & can move, but he has very sloppy technique & gets lazy against Speed rushers...

I watched 2019 Sam Brooks for MNW run right past him all game when they played, it was embarrassing to see a kid as young & skinny as Brooks just make Herb look like turnstile off the edge lol.

Advertisement

And aside from his physical makeup, I've felt he needed a redshirt simply based on watching him play.

He's an athlete & can move, but he has very sloppy technique & gets lazy against Speed rushers...

I watched 2019 Sam Brooks for MNW run right past him all game when they played, it was embarrassing to see a kid as young & skinny as Brooks just make Herb look like turnstile off the edge lol.

Think @gogeta mentioned that with his form that he had a duck stance which was horrible form. But I've heard people say he's talented - which I do not doubt, which is why I want him.

Advertisement
Back