Weekend Visits

This is the defining position at UM and it looks like crap. Lots of bodies but no impact players.

The biggest long term problem in this program is the lack of talented defensive tackles. UF and FSU are lapping us here.

Advertisement
This is the defining position at UM and it looks like crap. Lots of bodies but no impact players.

The biggest long term problem in this program is the lack of talented defensive tackles. UF and FSU are lapping us here.

Agree.

This is why I'm not overly excited about bringing in JUCO DTs.

Sure we need all the help we can get, but we don't need a stop-gap solution. We need to start shepherding a group of these guys through here.

Now that's not to say I'm averse to signing some JUCO DTs, but we don't need bodies. We need studs.

The premise of this thread is right on the money. Eddie Goldman is such an important recruit.

Not that I think we have a real chance at him - but he did say that we are going to get one of his OV's, I believe.

Other than him - who are we targeting?

Bakas mentioned that Goldman will come down to the wire and that UM is in great shape coming into this weekend. He is visiting this weekend and UM coaches visited him at his home Thursday.

/not getting him

I'd be content with a body that could hold the **** line of scrimmage right now and worry about impact later on.

If we are to have any shot with Goldman...this is the week for us to do it. No chance in ****, but I guess we'll give it the ole punchers chance.

Advertisement
Miami hosts Bush
It’s the biggest recruiting weekend of the season for the Miami Hurricanes as they will have several commits on campus for official visits. Their primary job will be to convince ESPNU 150 defensive back Deon Bush to join the fold.

“I’m going to be taking my official to Miami this weekend and I think I’m going to spend some time with Deon,” Miami Norland running back Duke Johnson said. “I’m not going to try to force him to make a decision or anything but I want to let him know that it would be cool to be on the same team next year.”

*This was free content*

I would love a couple commitments this weekend. Also I definitely think we will be adding more people to this class. Who knows what they are ranked, but I think we will be adding more.

Advertisement
I don't know if any of you guys still have access to the premium board on canestime (I paid for the year so I figured keep it for signing day) but Bakas gave a pretty friggin optimistic view of our chances with Goldman. Not trying to be all secretive about it but I don't just want to post word-for-word what he said. Nothing ground breaking anyways, just definitely thinks we are in it.

I don't want to get my hoped up but with a kid like that, that's impossible.

I don't know if any of you guys still have access to the premium board on canestime (I paid for the year so I figured keep it for signing day) but Bakas gave a pretty friggin optimistic view of our chances with Goldman. Not trying to be all secretive about it but I don't just want to post word-for-word what he said. Nothing ground breaking anyways, just definitely thinks we are in it.

I view Goldman like I did Seantrel Henderson's recruitment. We aren't gonna get him but god**** we could use him.

I view Goldman like I did Seantrel Henderson's recruitment. We aren't gonna get him but god**** we could use him.

I think that's a pretty solid comparison and I agree. I remember all the Seantrel talk when he visited and I just did the "plugging ears, I'm not listening" thing because I didn't have hope.

I only posted it because (as many premium members can attest to) he doesn't really go out on a limb much when it comes to elite recruits. Although he didn't say he thinks Goldman will be a Cane, it was still pretty optimistic.

I think Porter, if healthy, can be a pretty good DT. He's already a RS Jr though.

I'm not buying Mike's take on Goldman. He also says JUCO TE Boesch will probably be our next commit, says offers from SDSU, FIU so meh.

Advertisement

I'm not buying the Goldman stuff either. FWIW, even the premium board is pretty crappy now. There are 3 clueless poster (won't name names) that pretty much have all the posts on there and 2 of them hate each other so they fight back and forth. Pretty funny. My subscription runs out at the end of the month and I don't think I'll miss it, feel a little bad for Bakas though.

Anyway he said JUCO TE Boesch may be a commit soon, best offers from FIU and SDSU so meh.

I'm not buying the Goldman stuff either. FWIW, even the premium board is pretty crappy now. There are 3 clueless poster (won't name names) that pretty much have all the posts on there and 2 of them hate each other so they fight back and forth. Pretty funny. My subscription runs out at the end of the month and I don't think I'll miss it, feel a little bad for Bakas though.

Anyway he said JUCO TE Boesch may be a commit soon, best offers from FIU and SDSU so meh.

Yeah man, that board is a joke. It's pathetic. I actually feel kinda bad for canesmight as he is about the only one who tries to post anything of value in the middle of all the trash.

I think that's a pretty solid comparison and I agree. I remember all the Seantrel talk when he visited and I just did the "plugging ears, I'm not listening" thing because I didn't have hope.

I only posted it because (as many premium members can attest to) he doesn't really go out on a limb much when it comes to elite recruits. Although he didn't say he thinks Goldman will be a Cane, it was still pretty optimistic.

It was extremely optimistic, especially coming from Bakas.

Advertisement
Thing is, Goldman is a life long Cane fan. I'm sure the Shapiro stuff turned him and his family off a bit and that's why you haven't heard us mentioned all that much. IMO we have a better shot than most think and definitely a better one than with Seantrel a few years back.

Thing is, Goldman is a life long Cane fan. I'm sure the Shapiro stuff turned him and his family off a bit and that's why you haven't heard us mentioned all that much. IMO we have a better shot than most think and definitely a better one than with Seantrel a few years back.

Yeah, there's a reason why we are still in the game and still getting a visit. Without the scandal, we probably would have been the favorites, or at least, none of us would have been writing him off.

We are his dream school and he knows he can play from Day 1. As long as we can assure him he won't be getting penalized coming here, then I think that's as good a situation as we can hope for.

How big would Goldman to Miami be? Bigger than KW to Miami? Bigger than AB to Miami?

And how much of a ripple effect would there be if he were to commit to us early January? Would that push a McCord our way?

I think Porter, if healthy, can be a pretty good DT. He's already a RS Jr though.

I'm not buying Mike's take on Goldman. He also says JUCO TE Boesch will probably be our next commit, says offers from SDSU, FIU so meh.

FIU has some talent now and SDSU is a BCS team

LULZ

Advertisement
Back