Weekend Visits

Advertisement
Didn't Garmon commit?

Not yet he's going talk it over with his coach. Gadbois thinks he will commit though.

Hopefully. I hadn't paid much attention to his recruitment despite being from the same town, because frankly Miami wasn't involved so I didn't care but Iowa has always done really well in this area. If I had to go with my gut and ignore all the blahblahblah that happens, I would think they are our biggest competition.

fter Thompson took an official visit to UM this past weekend, he is convinced some players will commit to the Hurricanes.

“I think a couple of them really are thinking about the ‘U’ now that weren’t before,” Thompson said. “I think a couple of the guys are going to commit that are uncommitted. I think guys like P.J. Williams, Eddie Goldman, and Greg Garmon—more so Greg and P.J. than Eddie.”

There has been a lot of talk that Williams, a Florida State commit, will switch to the Hurricanes.

“Just his reaction after coach (Al) Golden talked to us all for about 10 minutes,” Thompson said. “He seemed real excited and threw up the ‘U’ one time.”

Thompson’s roommate was McDowell (Pa.) running back Greg Garmon.

“Talking to him it sounds like he’s going to commit,” Thompson said. “He loved it.”

Soon hopefully lol

Advertisement
I'm not the biggest Garmon fan around, but rock and roll, I guess.

I am a little anxious as well. We need some big timers ASAP.

18.jpg

fter Thompson took an official visit to UM this past weekend, he is convinced some players will commit to the Hurricanes.

“I think a couple of them really are thinking about the ‘U’ now that weren’t before,” Thompson said. “I think a couple of the guys are going to commit that are uncommitted. I think guys like P.J. Williams, Eddie Goldman, and Greg Garmon—more so Greg and P.J. than Eddie.”

There has been a lot of talk that Williams, a Florida State commit, will switch to the Hurricanes.

“Just his reaction after coach (Al) Golden talked to us all for about 10 minutes,” Thompson said. “He seemed real excited and threw up the ‘U’ one time.”

Thompson’s roommate was McDowell (Pa.) running back Greg Garmon.

“Talking to him it sounds like he’s going to commit,” Thompson said. “He loved it.”

Soon hopefully lol

Not to be a downer but if I had a dollar for every time I saw one of these types of articles after visits, I could retire.

Garmon respresenting the Trojans though, I would LOVE to see it.

I see Omari Phillips he stopped by a friends house when I was over today and ill tell ya that kid is HUGE. I mean tall as a tree

Advertisement
We actually dont want news. We want these kids to be silents so they dont get more pressure from others.

Give me PJ Williams and I'm a happy man. I would love a S class of Williams, Jenkins, and 1 more. Great S can cover a lot of holes in a defense.

Advertisement
It appears Mike has backed off his optimism on Goldman, believes he will sign with Bama. Not surprising, never thought we had a legit chance going into the weekend.

It appears Mike has backed off his optimism on Goldman, believes he will sign with Bama. Not surprising, never thought we had a legit chance going into the weekend.
Mike makes predictions in December that don't hold up to February. When he gets something right, he loves to point out 'as I've been saying since 1952....' But when his predictions don't work out, he will actually say his prediction was right based on what he knew at that time, but things change. So he can't ever be shown to be wrong, but he'll let you know when he's right. The funny thing is here, he apparently backed off his prediction within 48 hours.

Advertisement

There was no way that kid wasnt getting paid. Come on now guys. We all know this already

Mike says stuff like that every year. What it means is 'keep paying for your membership between now and NSD'

While he clearly neglects and abandons his responsibilities at CanesTime (i really hope it is his secondary/tertiary job) I never found Mike to hype up recruits interest in us. He is pretty realistic in UM's chances. Ferman's MO is to write fluff pieces and hype interest in every recruit out there. Mike would be better served to get people to continue paying for their memberships by participating on the boards more and putting out more content.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes he does! I've called him out about that numerous times. As esf stated, he's quick to remind you when he's right (as I've been saying for months.......) but rarely ever mentions when he's wrong until someone else points it out.

Yup, Mike never ever ever acknowledges when he is wrong. Its actually kinda comical.

So he thinks Goldman and Cooper to Bama, but Autry, Gorman, and Lockhart to us. Autry would be HUGE.

Lockharts film is outstanding and Gorman looks like he can play both sides. Those 3 would be a great group.

If any of ya'll thought there was a snowball's chance in **** we land Ed Goldman, you are a damned fool. We can't compete monetarily for him or in any other regard with the schools he's looking at.

I appreciate that we got a visit from this kid...can't win if you don't play...but c'mon fellas, you shoulda known better, regardless of what Mike said.

Advertisement
Back