Weekend Visits

How big would Goldman to Miami be? Bigger than KW to Miami? Bigger than AB to Miami?

And how much of a ripple effect would there be if he were to commit to us early January? Would that push a McCord our way?

Considering our desperate need for DTs it would be HUGE.

I don't think it would affect McCord he's a lb/de.

Advertisement
How big would Goldman to Miami be? Bigger than KW to Miami? Bigger than AB to Miami?

And how much of a ripple effect would there be if he were to commit to us early January? Would that push a McCord our way?

There is no doubt it would cause a ripple. How big? who knows, but when it comes signing day and kids are wavering, it always seems to snowball.

I don't think it's bigger than KW though, that was hysteria.

Yeah I know. LB's want a good Dline in front of them.

Jelani was regarded as the best DE in the state until he committed to Miami. Then until he had the ACL injury. I mean people swore he was FSU bound so he was unanimous beast. He and Goldman + Chick and Vernon would make me think twice if I were a LBer.

McCord still had South Carolina and UF on top after his Miami visit....we are out of it for his services imo.

Yeah I know. LB's want a good Dline in front of them.

Jelani was regarded as the best DE in the state until he committed to Miami. Then until he had the ACL injury. I mean people swore he was FSU bound so he was unanimous beast. He and Goldman + Chick and Vernon would make me think twice if I were a LBer.

I think our recruits are being downplayed a whole lot by these services and even our own fans. If Duke Johnson were committed to Oregon or LSU, he'd be GOAT. Instead it seems as if tho this 5 star recruit is under the radar somehow. Same with Preston Dewey. Oh and dont legt me get started with Lewis.

Advertisement
The premise of this thread is right on the money. Eddie Goldman is such an important recruit.

Not that I think we have a real chance at him - but he did say that we are going to get one of his OV's, I believe.

Other than him - who are we targeting?

Bakas mentioned that Goldman will come down to the wire and that UM is in great shape coming into this weekend. He is visiting this weekend and UM coaches visited him at his home Thursday.

/not getting him

Mike says stuff like that every year. What it means is 'keep paying for your membership between now and NSD'

Mike says stuff like that every year. What it means is 'keep paying for your membership between now and NSD'[/QUOTE]

While he clearly neglects and abandons his responsibilities at CanesTime (i really hope it is his secondary/tertiary job) I never found Mike to hype up recruits interest in us. He is pretty realistic in UM's chances. Ferman's MO is to write fluff pieces and hype interest in every recruit out there. Mike would be better served to get people to continue paying for their memberships by participating on the boards more and putting out more content.

Advertisement
I don't know if any of you guys still have access to the premium board on canestime (I paid for the year so I figured keep it for signing day) but Bakas gave a pretty friggin optimistic view of our chances with Goldman. Not trying to be all secretive about it but I don't just want to post word-for-word what he said. Nothing ground breaking anyways, just definitely thinks we are in it.

I don't want to get my hoped up but with a kid like that, that's impossible.

Good lookin' out JHall...

Goldman would be a friggin huge coup for this staff. Even if he is a lifelong Canes fan we have to win over the family, it seems. You would think he would be seriously looking at our lack of depth and realize the impact he could make just by setting foot on campus...

You're right, I hate to get my hopes up, but such a talented kid at such a position of need...it's impossible not to get excited at the possibility.

Any news on Bowman, Autry and Garmon? Getting 2 of the 4 would be good and 3 or 4 would be great.

I don't think we'll see much of a ripple effect with Goldman if we land him. Maybe another DT wanting to play alongside him. I think the biggest ripple effect will be Kevin Olsen next year. Don't be surprised if a big name receiver or 2 want to come play with him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is zero surprise.

You don't see commit on the weekend from these late visitors very often. There's a reason why these guys have waited this long. They go home, taalk it over, take other visits etc.

People expecting today to be eventful don't follow recruiting much.

I should add that normally if you do see a kid pull the trigger, it's usually a kid that was coming here hoping for an offer, or maybe one that hasn't been getting much attention.

Very very rarely will you see a highly recruited kid make a move, especially not on a Sunday. Usually the Sunday after a visit is absolutely dead as far as news goes.

Advertisement
Back