Wednesday 9/8 Post Practice Media

Manny counts mistakes instead of splash plays. I know a lot of football coaches do this but that certainly explains why some playmakers have been left off the field. And I know a "mistake" on defense can result in a touchdown for the bad guys, but I think we need playmakers more than anything. Instead, this philosophy is about playing the guys who make the fewest mistakes even if they don't make many positive plays.

This explains all the plays for Hall, McCloud and Jennings. They don't make mistakes. But they also don't make plays.
I was with you until don't make mistakes. Hall had at least 3 on Saturday. Jennings and McCloud are so ineffective that making a mistake would be improvements.

Advertisement
Manny counts mistakes instead of splash plays. I know a lot of football coaches do this but that certainly explains why some playmakers have been left off the field. And I know a "mistake" on defense can result in a touchdown for the bad guys, but I think we need playmakers more than anything. Instead, this philosophy is about playing the guys who make the fewest mistakes even if they don't make many positive plays.
We've ranked pretty high in sacks, TFLs and turnovers since he's been here. He wants playmakers, too.

Some of this boils down to not doing well enough recruiting certain positions.

Jennings is a poor man Glenn Cook. May know the play but can never get to the spot. Rather have the young guys learn on the fly, or last year.

The same thing happened a couple of years ago with GR15. It’s pathetic at this point.

Exactly Justice got put in for Scaife… and the last practice they tried Justice at RG for Donaldson and put Jarrid at RT. The way Scaife played on Saturday makes it hard to believe Williams is worse. If this ends up being the starting OL why did it take until getting thrashed by bama to figure that out?
Because Scaife probably looked like Bryant Mckinnie in practise vs Harvey and Mccloud.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When the App State WR runs 11.5 vs 10.5 100M, your LBers and DBs will look a ton better. When the App State LT isn't an AA with top 5 draft pick potential, your first year starter DE will look a ton better. When App State's front 7 isn't the best in the country, your OL and RB will look a ton better. well... that is at least what should be the case this Saturday.

Watching a replay of Saturday's game while I work. In stunned disbelief at how easy Diaz made it for Bama's offense. Play after play of the softest coverage with the easiest reads imaginable for Young. Never though I'd see the day where working is more enjoyable than watching Miami play.

Watching a replay of Saturday's game while I work. In stunned disbelief at how easy Diaz made it for Bama's offense. Play after play of the softest coverage with the easiest reads imaginable for Young. Never though I'd see the day where working is more enjoyable than watching Miami play.
We’ve made bad passers look like peyton manning. But in this case we took a great passer with the best weapons and line and made him look like 2007 Tom Brady in his first start

Advertisement
We’ve made bad passers look like peyton manning. But in this case we took a great passer with the best weapons and line and made him look like 2007 Tom Brady in his first start
I just watched Jennings covering Metchie over the middle on an obvious clear-out on 2nd and 7. I can't believe my eyes. Bill O'Brien must have had multiple orgasms pre-snap last week.

Did you see the fumble he chose to not fall on? Did you see the 94 yard TD he gave up while playing single high safety? Did you see the 6 missed tackles he had?
It is MY OPINION that he didn’t give up that safety. Yes he chose the wrong side as he shaded over to metchie but Ivey got beat like a drum. Now that fumble recovery was horrendous. I will agree there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back