Wednesday 9/8 Post Practice Media

Advertisement
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN
Right? Like WTF is he even saying half the time?

I just watched Jennings covering Metchie over the middle on an obvious clear-out on 2nd and 7. I can't believe my eyes. Bill O'Brien must have had multiple orgasms pre-snap last week.
I saw this .. mind boggling

I just watched Jennings covering Metchie over the middle on an obvious clear-out on 2nd and 7. I can't believe my eyes. Bill O'Brien must have had multiple orgasms pre-snap last week.
You know that when 17/44 entered the game, Saban/Obrien were on the phone to each other speed dialing orgasiming over it.

Advertisement
Lets make sure we are all playing fair here and understand that once Brooks comes back that Jennings will not see the field. LB depth is awful and we knew that going into this season. Its not Jennings fault that Brooks cant stay healthy especially when we need him the most. Hall is only playing as much as he is because Tae messed up. I guarantee you Tae would be getting alot more minutes this week if he was available.

Other than that, what Manny said sounds crazy. If hes counting missed assignments as a mistake and not someone who was in the right place but just missed the tackle as not a mistake then Shoop and Ed Reed need to pull him to the side and give him some "straightenin". Thats crazy logic.

Carter made an insane amount of mistakes against Bama. He should be in danger of losing his starting job come Saturday. He was there for one reason only and that was to be physical at the point of attack and he couldnt do it. Thanks and goodbye. Bring me Gil or Chase Smith.

Imagine being in a 3 game losing, at Miami, and asking for a full crowd. Wow.

Manny counts mistakes instead of splash plays. I know a lot of football coaches do this but that certainly explains why some playmakers have been left off the field. And I know a "mistake" on defense can result in a touchdown for the bad guys, but I think we need playmakers more than anything. Instead, this philosophy is about playing the guys who make the fewest mistakes even if they don't make many positive plays.

This explains all the plays for Hall, McCloud and Jennings. They don't make mistakes. But they also don't make plays.

Given that Manny's whole defensive philosophy is based around the importance of the negative yardage "splash play," his approach to personnel management seems disconnected from his defensive game management philosophy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Given that Manny's whole defensive philosophy is based around the importance of the negative yardage "splash play," his approach to personnel management seems disconnected to his defensive game management philosophy.
Agreed. I don't understand what he is doing. It almost feels like he's a bit lost right now. the DC in him liked to gamble and play loose and give guys some freedom. and the head coach in him is worried about young guys making mistakes. He didn't seem too worried about Shaq and Pinck making mistakes.
He may just be a guy who is better suited to be a coordinator than head coach. I hope I am wrong

So when Jennings whiffs on a tackle that’s NOT a mistake because he was actually doing the tackle maneuver.
You maybe missing the point, and I am NOT defending Manny, just trying to understand why he is failing.
When Jennings or Hall are in the right place, that is not a mistake even if they miss the tackle because many coaches are so focused on the "assignment". They knew the play and but lack the physical skills ot make the play.
Personally I hate this mentality. I want guys on defense who are playmakers. Not just guys who stand in the right place as someone runs by.

Advertisement
You maybe missing the point, and I am NOT defending Manny, just trying to understand why he is failing.
When Jennings or Hall are in the right place, that is not a mistake even if they miss the tackle because many coaches are so focused on the "assignment". They knew the play and but lack the physical skills ot make the play.
Personally I hate this mentality. I want guys on defense who are playmakers. Not just guys who stand in the right place as someone runs by.
I agree 100.

I agree 100.
I hate this mentality. I saw it in basketball when I played and coaches. Guys who knew the plays, knew the defense, were always in the right place, but just didn't make shots, steals, rebounds or plays. IN all game and barely any stats but no glaring "mistakes". I don't mind a coach applauding those players in practice but you don't win games with guys like that. You need people who have the physical and mental skills to make a difference. And a coach who isn't afraid.

Lets make sure we are all playing fair here and understand that once Brooks comes back that Jennings will not see the field. LB depth is awful and we knew that going into this season. Its not Jennings fault that Brooks cant stay healthy especially when we need him the most. Hall is only playing as much as he is because Tae messed up. I guarantee you Tae would be getting alot more minutes this week if he was available.

Other than that, what Manny said sounds crazy. If hes counting missed assignments as a mistake and not someone who was in the right place but just missed the tackle as not a mistake then Shoop and Ed Reed need to pull him to the side and give him some "straightenin". Thats crazy logic.

Carter made an insane amount of mistakes against Bama. He should be in danger of losing his starting job come Saturday. He was there for one reason only and that was to be physical at the point of attack and he couldnt do it. Thanks and goodbye. Bring me Gil or Chase Smith.
I'm not even sure if Brooks is playing Mike or Will for us at this point. Either way we need him & TAC to get healthy for the MSU game.

Advertisement
Jennings is a poor man Glenn Cook. May know the play but can never get to the spot. Rather have the young guys learn on the fly, or last year.
Wow what an insult to Glenn Cook. Do realize Jennings graded out at a 29 in the UNC game? Apparently, you get like 20 for simply playing 10 or more snaps.

Agreed. I don't understand what he is doing. It almost feels like he's a bit lost right now. the DC in him liked to gamble and play loose and give guys some freedom. and the head coach in him is worried about young guys making mistakes. He didn't seem too worried about Shaq and Pinck making mistakes.
He may just be a guy who is better suited to be a coordinator than head coach. I hope I am wrong

"Every aggressive man will eventually rise to his own level of incompetence."

It doesnt always happen on national TV though. lol

Welp you certainly wouldn't be hired by Manny.

Advertisement
Back