Wednesday 9/8 Post Practice Media

Lets make sure we are all playing fair here and understand that once Brooks comes back that Jennings will not see the field. LB depth is awful and we knew that going into this season. Its not Jennings fault that Brooks cant stay healthy especially when we need him the most. Hall is only playing as much as he is because Tae messed up. I guarantee you Tae would be getting alot more minutes this week if he was available.

Other than that, what Manny said sounds crazy. If hes counting missed assignments as a mistake and not someone who was in the right place but just missed the tackle as not a mistake then Shoop and Ed Reed need to pull him to the side and give him some "straightenin". Thats crazy logic.

Carter made an insane amount of mistakes against Bama. He should be in danger of losing his starting job come Saturday. He was there for one reason only and that was to be physical at the point of attack and he couldnt do it. Thanks and goodbye. Bring me Gil or Chase Smith.
Every time I see one of our coaches say they like Carter closer to the line because he is physical reminds me of him getting absolutely demolished by the UNC running back. Get him off the field. Glad to not see #5 again after this year. Give me Gil and Chase at striker with sprinkles of JW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Every game we load into the expectation should be 0 flags thrown.

Advertisement
"We need some home field advantage. We need a boost this week and our guys have a little edge about them this week."

He said that players are excited and want to play in front of a big crowd this week.
Sick of him.. lame *** corch

should read a COACH can flash in a game against a FBS school but doesn't Coach well in 7 or 8 games against P5 schools.To me the pyramid is a COACH that has to learn what to do in the games then start doing it.A COACH is defined by how few mistakes he makes.
Except when you are a politician,

what's good for the goose (isn't always) good for the gander​

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe Manny should be the AD because he's an off season warrior. Keep all his dad's friends happy. Then we can hire an actual football coach to win games.

Did you see the fumble he chose to not fall on? Did you see the 94 yard TD he gave up while playing single high safety? Did you see the 6 missed tackles he had?
It is MY OPINION that he didn’t give up that safety. Yes he chose the wrong side as he shaded over to metchie but Ivey got beat like a drum. Now that fumble recovery was horrendous. I will agree there.

That play started and ended with Diaz. This is EXACTLY how you set players up to fail not accounting for their known limitations.

First you call a cover 1 spy with our slowest db (Ivey ) asked to shadow the best receivers money can by. Ivey’s feet are a negative. His positive attributes are length and size. He should be jamming almost every snap. I would NEVER run press man with Ivey and not have him jamming the receiver.

We don’t really have any rangy free safeties. Maybe Kinchens? Maybe Balom? The rest are box type SS/ striker types. We get away with that rotating the FS and SS down based on motion most of the time in zone coverage and against lesser opponents. Against Bama? No. There should never be a situation where Gurvan Hall is playing FS in a Cover 1.

Facemasks, undressing guys with egregious holding, pass interference, targeting. Doesn’t matter. They threw us a phantom pi for shots and giggles.

“What? The fix was in? We have them a pi call.”

I know we always have to beat the refs too, but the **** that they allowed to be done to us is just beyond “make the play anyway”. If I was coach I would make A HUGE ******* DEAL about this in the media.

If our guys were allowed to play like that, this would have been a much closer game.

Advertisement
Back