Wednesday 9/8 Post Practice Media

Watching a replay of Saturday's game while I work. In stunned disbelief at how easy Diaz made it for Bama's offense. Play after play of the softest coverage with the easiest reads imaginable for Young. Never though I'd see the day where working is more enjoyable than watching Miami play.
Manny's garbage D is predicated on TFL's and TO's..teams like Bama and Clemson don't turn the ball over and you can't run roughshod over their Oline so his bend but don't break D will NEVER work against any team with a pulse..

Advertisement
Jennings is a poor man Glenn Cook. May know the play but can never get to the spot. Rather have the young guys learn on the fly, or last year.
He doesn't know the play. The defense is constantly lined up stupidly (hey, maybe he is right and the call just blows) and can't dissect what the **** is going on => always being in the wrong gap.

It is MY OPINION that he didn’t give up that safety. Yes he chose the wrong side as he shaded over to metchie but Ivey got beat like a drum. Now that fumble recovery was horrendous. I will agree there.
Gotcha, but in football basics if in cover 1 which is the defense we ran the safety has one job which is dont let anything get deep. Sooooooo.

I was with you until don't make mistakes. Hall had at least 3 on Saturday. Jennings and McCloud are so ineffective that making a mistake would be improvements.
I meant it more in terms of being in the right place v making the Play. I’m not defending Hall, Jennings or McCloud. I find them all to be ineffective. Thelp likely look good in practice, like Ivey, because they know where they are supposed to be. But come game time they can’t make plays. No INT’s, fumbles or game changing plays from any of those guys.

We've ranked pretty high in sacks, TFLs and turnovers since he's been here. He wants playmakers, too.

Some of this boils down to not doing well enough recruiting certain positions.
Yeah I was reacting more to ship statement. But I am also tired of seeing ineffective players in their 3rd-5th years
I've seen Jennings make a litany of mistakes. I'd rather a freshman be rolled out, make the mistakes, but also make some plays.
me too.

Advertisement
He's not there yet for me. Golden's excuse making, and more specifically, the ability for him being able to dive into excuses where it looked like he did extensive, time-consuming research on why things weren't working was baffling. If you spent less time validating your failures, and more time focusing on trying to win, you'd (Golden) likely have had differing results (that and he was stubborn as all ****).
when manny says "worked our tails off" is when it's officially game over.

Manny counts mistakes instead of splash plays. I know a lot of football coaches do this but that certainly explains why some playmakers have been left off the field. And I know a "mistake" on defense can result in a touchdown for the bad guys, but I think we need playmakers more than anything. Instead, this philosophy is about playing the guys who make the fewest mistakes even if they don't make many positive plays.

This explains all the plays for Hall, McCloud and Jennings. They don't make mistakes. But they also don't make plays.
So when Jennings whiffs on a tackle that’s NOT a mistake because he was actually doing the tackle maneuver.

Manny's garbage D is predicated on TFL's and TO's..teams like Bama and Clemson don't turn the ball over and you can't run roughshod over their Oline so his bend but don't break D will NEVER work against any team with a pulse..
Take a nap FFS, we get it you don't like Diaz, stop ****ing and moaning in every thread.

Advertisement
Manny counts mistakes instead of splash plays. I know a lot of football coaches do this but that certainly explains why some playmakers have been left off the field. And I know a "mistake" on defense can result in a touchdown for the bad guys, but I think we need playmakers more than anything. Instead, this philosophy is about playing the guys who make the fewest mistakes even if they don't make many positive plays.

This explains all the plays for Hall, McCloud and Jennings. They don't make mistakes. But they also don't make plays.
Oh, they make mistakes too

"A player is defined on how few mistakes they make."

Keep playing favorites, assclown.
He’s talking about Bubba - can’t tackle, bad angles, misses gimme plays, hesitant and generally thinks he’s better than he is.
As an all around player, he may be the worst DB on the team.

that’s a loser mentality 100%. Give me a guy that makes splash plays over a guy that is out there just “doing his job” while we give up 40pts. ***** that and play guys that have enough instincts to make a play.

I guess I can see why McCloud is playing, because it seems like we’ve got all bums at that spot. Then again, probably better off to plug Taylor or Roberts in and let them make plays at end. Hall is a special teamer and Jennings is a scout teamer. That mf Jennings makes hella mistakes.

Advertisement
Lost me at “worst DB on the team” but he is overrated.
Ok that may be a stretch considering Ivey but he is the worst Safety.
He’s lucky he didn’t break his **** neck trying to tackle Optimus Prime with that ostrich technique.

Advertisement
We've ranked pretty high in sacks, TFLs and turnovers since he's been here. He wants playmakers, too.

Some of this boils down to not doing well enough recruiting certain positions.
D$ has it right, here. This will be an unpopular opinion on this board, but if he continues to recruit stud D players, his D will be elite. Sorry, but you can't excuse away his solid performance as DC under Richt. If he stacks blue chips on D (assuming he doesn't get fired and lasts that long), there will be a lot of equivocating going on in CIS.

Lol splash plays he says. What kind of play has Ivey or Jennings ever made? Except plays where they suck. Ivey had a couple picks in a game and a returned block kick. That’s his career highlight. Jennings, idk what he’s ever done except be nowhere near the play. Better off playing 10 vs 11 when he’s out there

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Back