We are an improving team

We never had their culture. Guys on the team 18 years ago forewent their senior years.

Agree 100% We never had Clemson's culture of players staying 4 years ....nor have we ever had Clemson's or other State schools resources and # of large scale contributors and boosters that would make it "worthwhile " for a player to stay 4 years

BUT we did have their recent tradition of winning and their recent tradition of attracting the BEST players at their positions.

You play the hand you're dealt. So I've never minded players leaving early for whatever reasons they select.

We just have to keep winning to the point Florida players want to stay home...and then we'll again be able to say " NEXT UP " without any major drop off.

We are not there yet as Clemson proved...but I like the progress shown to date.

Advertisement
We won’t be great till we put the better players on the field. Our starting WR are trash. They can’t catch and tonight they looked like little ******* being pushed off their routes every time and every 50/50 ball. I want to see Mike 3, X and I don’t care who the 3rd WR is. Wiggins can’t battle for balls or his own route, Pope cant catch or get lose on a route and the same goes for No hands Hartley.

Not an expert, but seems the OL and the WRs are 95% of the current issue (and may be much more than a coaching shortfall.) The RBs who seem fine couldn't make any inroads against a strong defense with the OL. So King had to focus on the passing game much more than the earlier games. With WRs that are just not up to snuff, especially versus a top team, it was not a recipe for success.

Yes, he seemed less sharp than earlier games. But against any Top-20 teams that are vastly inferior to Clemson & Bama I think we can hold our own and more. If we ever get the OL and WR problem solved, then we can rationally talk Top-10 or Top-5.
OL and WR are our biggest weaknesses

That said, Lashlee is almost entirely to blame for such a putrid performance on offense.

We did not even challenge the middle or their biggest weakness, safety, the entire game.

Venebales was simple and effective. Stack the box, blitz and make a WR make a play. Our counter, long developing pass plays and runs going nowhere. Nothing quick attacking their weaknesses. Looked like Enos out there.

If we were to show any life on offense that stacked box gets a little more loose and we can start hitting some runs and have ourselves a ball game. Roll outs would've helped the OL early on also.

Advertisement
If by improving you mean, at least we didn’t lose 58-0, then you’re right.

We have now scored 1 offensive TD against these jabronies since 2010, which is frankly, OFFENSIVE!

Advertisement
We played hard against a team that is better than us at almost every position.

This rebuild is going to take time, we don't have the players LSU had last year. We can win any game left on our schedule and that should help us with recruiting the right players for our systems.

Our culture is far from where Clemson is. Clemson continues to have NFL ready guys come back for their senior year, and we continue to have guys opt-out or declared early. College football had changed a lot since we won anything and Clemson is the model. Our guys played hard, hit hard, and our coaches had them motivated. I am excited for the rest of the season.
We need better talent just that next tier and we in there

Clemson has across the board close to two deep at every position
.We are a long ways from matching that. We need several 10 or more win seasons to attract better recruits across the board for a few recruiting cycles to catch up. Only a few of our players would even start on this Clemson team. Sad but reality

Last edited:
If this is playing hard, then I don't know what to tell you. This is the polar opposite of playing hard, or competent. This team didn't look competitive for most of the night. What I saw was a team that is poorly coached come out after a bye week mind you and get their doors blown off. You can't look this unprepared after a bye week. You can't be this undisciplined after a bye week. You can't be this uncompetitive after a bye week.

Yes, Clemson is significantly more talented. We know the reasons why schools like Clemson can and will most likely always have platoons of talent. We know that Miami has to play moneyball in this environment to stay in the hunt. That said, you can't be outtalented AND fail to get the most out of the talent you DO have. Clemson blitzed all night, Miami acted like screens and draws weren't allowed. You have two TEs that will play in the NFL, why can't they be on the field together more often? Why do you insist on playing guys like McCloud on obvious pass downs, when he can't cover a guy in a walker?

That's why this is frustrating. I had realistic expectations, and this team managed to disappoint. I didn't come into this game with expectations of winning, but I did want to see this team compete, fight and stay in the hunt...Outside of some select guys(Bubba B) they didn't.

Advertisement
You're ******* A right.

I kept hearing from certain people on this site that by switching to a spread, we'll alleviate our woes on the Oline.

Well we switched to the spread...and still have problems on the oline.

You still need runnin' dogs on your team.
It won't alleviate our woes vs the top elite programs but it will help us vs trams we should beat. The OL doesn't become elite overnight.

Advertisement
Ole miss played Bama and competed, first year staff with a trash roster. How do u explain that
Ole Miss scored on Bama last year as well.

Lane Kiffin is a better coach and has a better coaching staff than we do..at least that is certain.

We have alot of guys on our coaching staff that would be GA and Analyst at the Clemson, Bama's of the world. I mean just check the resume of our guys. ..take a look

Advertisement
Back