We are an improving team

I completely disagree on us being an improving team. Outside of WR and TE (which you could say is at an elite level). I don't see anywhere that we've gotten better - maybe Safety in the future with the talent we're bringing in.

We're still slow at LB, CB player has been mediocre and we don't have an influx of talent coming in. And I'm worried that our under classmen at WR haven't surpassed #3, #6, and #8 yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One thing we're not improrving is shooting ourselves in the foot with lack of focus/discipline penalties - most high school DL don't line up off sides when you're within ten feet from the ball, twice in a season, let alone in a half. And that many personal fouls goes beyond being aggressive, it speaks to focus.

Now we'll see how the team leadership reacts and what the true team character will be.

Teams sometimes overlook lesser competition. Even Clemson tends to play ****** once a year. This game was a prime time guy, Clemson was not overlooking us. We got their best.
Excuses Andrew! Keep making them it will help you sleep better tonight. 15 penalties countless offsides by seniors and juniors is unacceptable. We are an average program. Michigan of the south.

Same old bad fan eyes.

We got totally out coached on offense and defense. The fact that people here were buying into the 44 hype and even doubling down on it speaks volumes. Baker/ Manny don’t even know what they’re looking at during the off season. And 26 still hasn’t made a play all year. They make personnel decisions that skull **** the team. 6 needs to be on the field!

That’s the truth. Truth is Harley, and Wiggins should at the minimum be splitting reps evenly with the youngsters. They fail us every week. They aren’t being challenged by continuing to play regardless of how soft and ****** their effort is...

UNC wins 3(?) games in 2018, and in 2019 they take Clemson to the brink of death. But oh no... Miami needs 10 years to compete with Clemson.

Typical nonsense from Miami fans.

Advertisement
We played hard against a team that is better than us at almost every position.

This rebuild is going to take time, we don't have the players LSU had last year. We can win any game left on our schedule and that should help us with recruiting the right players for our systems.

Our culture is far from where Clemson is. Clemson continues to have NFL ready guys come back for their senior year, and we continue to have guys opt-out or declared early. College football had changed a lot since we won anything and Clemson is the model. Our guys played hard, hit hard, and our coaches had them motivated. I am excited for the rest of the season.

Think about how much diff game is with Rousseau, dee jay dallas, joe jackson and jeff thomas our guys leave and go 5th round to undrafted when they have top 10 picks coming back

Advertisement
We played hard against a team that is better than us at almost every position.

This rebuild is going to take time, we don't have the players LSU had last year. We can win any game left on our schedule and that should help us with recruiting the right players for our systems.

Our culture is far from where Clemson is. Clemson continues to have NFL ready guys come back for their senior year, and we continue to have guys opt-out or declared early. College football had changed a lot since we won anything and Clemson is the model. Our guys played hard, hit hard, and our coaches had them motivated. I am excited for the rest of the season.
gross keep the morale victories tf out my face we are who we thought we were. LBs suck corners are barely serviceable. Wrs are dog **** and OL is still a liability vs anything resembling pass rush. Clemson>>>>>>>>>our 1st 3 opponents combined.

Advertisement
I completely disagree on us being an improving team. Outside of WR and TE (which you could say is at an elite level). I don't see anywhere that we've gotten better - maybe Safety in the future with the talent we're bringing in.

We're still slow at LB, CB player has been mediocre and we don't have an influx of talent coming in. And I'm worried that our under classmen at WR haven't surpassed #3, #6, and #8 yet.
We are not better talent-wise but we competed tonight. We will need to recruit players willing to put in the work. Clemson has clearly been successful with this.

Allow me to disagree some the the players Clemson had in the 2nd half, specially the lb were 0 stars and still beat us!

That’s what good coaching does.

Players are prepared and confident and look better than they really are.

Miami does the opposite. We will get better though.

Lashlee will take tonight’s failure personally and put his unit on a mission. Just watch.

gross keep the morale victories tf out my face we are who we thought we were. LBs suck corners are barely serviceable. Wrs are dog **** and OL is still a liability vs anything resembling pass rush. Clemson>>>>>>>>>our 1st 3 opponents combined.
I agree. We don't have a lot of talent, but there is a good chance we win the rest of our ACC games. If our only loss is to Clemson then we are going to start getting better recruits.

Advertisement
Back