We are an improving team

Advertisement
We played hard against a team that is better than us at almost every position.

This rebuild is going to take time, we don't have the players LSU had last year. We can win any game left on our schedule and that should help us with recruiting the right players for our systems.

Our culture is far from where Clemson is. Clemson continues to have NFL ready guys come back for their senior year, and we continue to have guys opt-out or declared early. College football had changed a lot since we won anything and Clemson is the model. Our guys played hard, hit hard, and our coaches had them motivated. I am excited for the rest of the season.
This is the correct thinking. But I don’t understand the frustration by others we all want to be great again but it doesn’t happen over night. **** Dabo took 7 years. Great recruiting class potentially coming in. We can still win out and it looks like we can do that

It’s hard not to throw a pity party after watching tonight. But we are headed in the right direction. I am by no means satisfied with the offense or defense. Maybe it was the beer, but I had a moment of clarity around the middle of the third quarter. Just because we lose this game, doesn’t mean we can’t run the rest of our schedule and be better in the long run. Clemson doesn’t just happen over night. They have been stacking talent for a long time. And it’s going to take us a little bit to get there. But I’ll be damned if we can’t get there eventually

Advertisement
Advertisement
People forget FSU dropping 50 on Clemson back in 2013
Seriously, and Clemson was the #3 team in the country playing at home. People forget that FSU owned them for years and that they would always be on the cusp of turning the corner but would burn out. Takes time to get to that level of elite play. I remember when Clemson fans wanted to fire Dabo after he lost to WV in the Orange Bowl 70-33. Same when he couldn't get over the FSU hump. Takes time, and CFB is cyclical.

Venables is the difference. #10 is not good but is put in position to make every play just like the rest of their team.

I'm not sure what kind of real improvement you're seeing, but ok.

idk, we got dropped in the crockpot the minute that first electronic whistle went off, and three hours later we were falling off the bone.

"b-b-b-but the offense..."...yeah, I know its better than 2017, but fvck you with your WHALE AXTUALLY

Three years ago, when we played Clemson in the ACC Championship game...

Malik Rosier went 14-29 for 110 yard and 2 INT. D'Eriq King went 12/28 for 128 yards and 2 INTs. (yes, I realize King is better than Rosier...but if you see that stat line and your eyes don't pop out of your head, idk what to tell you).

104 yards rushing in 2017...40 a pop for DeeJay Dallas and Travis Homer. 89 in 2020, with D'Eriq King having 80 of those yards himself.

In 2017, the OL allowed 4 sacks. This year...5 sacks.

In 2017, I saw Braxton Berrios trying. He lacked talent, but showed he was a dawg. Seeing a bunch of puppies at WR in 2020.

In 2017, a merciful 38 points allowed. This year, 42 in torrential downpour in the second half.

If you think Manny Diaz has made this team much better than we've been in recent memory, idk what to tell you. Get your eyes fixed.

I'll enjoy this season plenty if we can win the games we are supposed to win, but don't lie to yourself, bruh.

We shall see how they bounce back...I think King is a fighter so I'm hopeful but got to see it.
We have folded too often.

Im interested in seeing this as well. Playing a noon game always sucks but this team needs to get refocused and move forward immediately. This season if far from over.

Advertisement
Also gotta say that being elite isn't just about what happens to you, you also need a bit of luck as well. Clemson started owning the ACC once FSU cratered, because before that FSU owned them. Bama started owning the SEC once Meyer burned out at Florida. CFB is cyclical. As long as we put together 9-11 win seasons and keep recruiting great classes we'll be good.

FSU and Jimbo looked like they were going to own the ACC for years to come and look what happened, in a matter of three years after their playoff appearance Jimbo left and they collapsed. Saban could retire at the end of next season, Dabo could jump to Bama, and Clemson could be back to average in three years. Anything can happen here, we just need to keep moving in the right direction on our end.

Advertisement
Our so called star players never show up for these big time games against top opponents. When’s the last time we actually had a guy show up big against a top team? Year after year we hype players up because they show out against lesser talent. But as soon as a team with talent shows up that can actually execute a gameplan and take away what they like to do best they shut down end produce absolutely nothing. Jordan tonight did absolutely nothing. Had 2 drops and wasn’t even targeted. Yet we hype him up like a 1st round TE. We gotta stop hyping these guys up Intill they actually show up and produce in a big game. Yes the line was terrible tonight but there was plenty of plays where king sat back there end literally scanned and had nobody to throw to.

I'll be kind and only judge Manny on the defensive side, since he's been here for more than enough time for us to expect a better depth chart at LB and CB than what we currently have. His recruiting has been a major disappointment.

If we're being 100% honest, the two best defensive players on our team were transfers and not recruited by Miami.

It's CRUCIAL that we finish this year strong and give the local elite kids a reason to stay home. That should be the ONLY goal this season.....to convince parents that this program is truly on the way back. My goal for this team before the season (and still is) consisted of winning AT LEAST 9 games and not getting smoked by Clemson, at least putting up a fight. One of those goals has been obliterated and perception will suffer because of it. It can still be salvaged somewhat if we finish strong and beat UNC down the stretch.

But make no mistake about it, another 7/8 win season and the heat on Manny is going to be out of control come season's end.

Advertisement
Back