We are an improving team

I agree. We really need at least one stud WR
He was just told to blitz hard on first down ALL NIGHT...Honestly Mccloud would of made that play on our offense..because we have been EXTREMELY predictable in the run game on 1st downs.
Correct which is coaching. Lawrence throws the ball sideways all ******* game. It’s all misdirection bull****. We fall for it and **** the bed on offense.

Advertisement
Need to start benching players that keep causing penalties “ Clark and Carter “ come to mind off top ..Bench the UC Wrs already this **** ain’t working idc if they leave for the portal they not gonna take us where we wanna be ...Lbs bench McCloud and Jennings they’re too slow

I'm not sure what kind of real improvement you're seeing, but ok.

idk, we got dropped in the crockpot the minute that first electronic whistle went off, and three hours later we were falling off the bone.

"b-b-b-but the offense..."...yeah, I know its better than 2017, but fvck you with your WHALE AXTUALLY

Three years ago, when we played Clemson in the ACC Championship game...

Malik Rosier went 14-29 for 110 yard and 2 INT. D'Eriq King went 12/28 for 128 yards and 2 INTs. (yes, I realize King is better than Rosier...but if you see that stat line and your eyes don't pop out of your head, idk what to tell you).

104 yards rushing in 2017...40 a pop for DeeJay Dallas and Travis Homer. 89 in 2020, with D'Eriq King having 80 of those yards himself.

In 2017, the OL allowed 4 sacks. This year...5 sacks.

In 2017, I saw Braxton Berrios trying. He lacked talent, but showed he was a dawg. Seeing a bunch of puppies at WR in 2020.

In 2017, a merciful 38 points allowed. This year, 42 in torrential downpour in the second half.

If you think Manny Diaz has made this team much better than we've been in recent memory, idk what to tell you. Get your eyes fixed.

I'll enjoy this season plenty if we can win the games we are supposed to win, but don't lie to yourself, bruh.

They had better players at the skill positions in 2017 as well. Outside of QB, that 2017 team was head and shoulders better than this one. Bryant held them back so much.

I agree. We don't have a lot of talent, but there is a good chance we win the rest of our ACC games. If our only loss is to Clemson then we are going to start getting better recruits.
In a couple of years, if not, next year, we are going to look back at this team and see this team is full of NFL players, everywhere. For example, I expect Jordan, Harris, Mallory, Phillips, Roche, Nesta, Blades, Bolden, Hall, Borregales, to be playing for a NFL team, very soon. Are we really arguing there is not enough talent to compete? Forget win, but just be competitive? Really? If this was Golden, we would kill him for doing less with more. Instead, in year 5, under Manny’s Defense, our Defense has regressed and continues to get its **** pushed in with anyone with a pulse. Our Offense, although improved, was completely dominated by an elite young Defense. Our Offense, with a legit QB, barely put together a drive to score a TD. Penalties, repeated mistakes, poor game planning, bye week struggles, etc. It’s groundhogs day. Stop the excuses.

This is the correct thinking. But I don’t understand the frustration by others we all want to be great again but it doesn’t happen over night. **** Dabo took 7 years. Great recruiting class potentially coming in. We can still win out and it looks like we can do that

UNC wins three games and next season nearly beats them. Get the **** out of here with excuses. We're the only team on a 20 year rebuild plan.

Advertisement
Can't skip steps.

You don't get to go from losing to FIU and LA Tech to beating Clemson in their house less than a year later. There's a talent gap, and understandably so.

The question for the Canes after losing these games is whether they will allow the loss to complete deflate their season or if they'll learn from it and finish strong. Usually, it's the former. We'll see.

Advertisement
Could you imagine what it would've been like if we had the same offense as last year lmaooo. Enough said

We played hard against a team that is better than us at almost every position.

This rebuild is going to take time, we don't have the players LSU had last year. We can win any game left on our schedule and that should help us with recruiting the right players for our systems.

Our culture is far from where Clemson is. Clemson continues to have NFL ready guys come back for their senior year, and we continue to have guys opt-out or declared early. College football had changed a lot since we won anything and Clemson is the model. Our guys played hard, hit hard, and our coaches had them motivated. I am excited for the rest of the season.
Friend; we’ve been “rebuilding” for 15 yrs. We don’t need “glass half-full” rhetoric post after every f’ing loss. CIS has been filled with that.

We got our *** kicked b/c we’re an ill prepared team. We’re now 0-4 after bye weeks under Diaz which is a problem, and it’s HOW we look after these bye weeks. There was no motivation. Clemson could’ve easily hung 58 on us again, so let’s stop the bull chit.

All we need to know is has this team changed mentally when punched in the mouth and we’ll only know that next week.

Can't skip steps.

You don't get to go from losing to FIU and LA Tech to beating Clemson in their house less than a year later. There's a talent gap, and understandably so.

The question for the Canes after losing these games is whether they will allow the loss to complete deflate their season or if they'll learn from it and finish strong. Usually, it's the former. We'll see.
There’s a coaching & development gap.

I dont know how we would ever have Clemson's culture. We cant even buy guys miso soup and they have been paying guys to stay till their sr years for awhile now.

I mean it woul dbe real nice to have had Garvin, Bandy and company back...but who was gonna fork up the advance money?.
Lol. Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins, Deshawn Watson, Isaiah Simmons, Clelin Ferrel, Dexter Lawrence all went pro with another yr of eligibility left. Sure I'm missing some too.

Only surprises were Christian Wilkins and ETN.

Advertisement
I will forever ride for the canes but games and moments like this just make me question ****t. Seems like we’ll never get over the hump, feels like we’re just stuck.

Advertisement
Please. He was a clone of Willie Jones and Willie Williams off the edge at carol city with no one touching them. Put in position to make a play. Only half the athlete. Venables is that team, make no mistake. Elite elite elite d coordinator
He's actually a good athlete. Now, Venebles son #15 I agree. He'll drive our fans crazy but I guarantee he'll be a captain and be pretty **** good by the time hes a sr.
We have a "good' roster but Dabo has excelled at prioritizing talent at qb, wr, dl, and corner. Thats where our 5 stars are.

In addition, our "hit" rate on 5 stars is very good. Rarely have a bust. You combine those guys with a bunch of other 3-4 star guys that put team first and you've got something.

You’ve got a top pick throwing the ball sideways and 10,000 misdirections. Etienne is that offense. Defense and venables is that team. Dabo should give him half his salary.

He's actually a good athlete. Now, Venebles son #15 I agree. He'll drive our fans crazy but I guarantee he'll be a captain and be pretty **** good by the time hes a sr.
We have a "good' roster but Dabo has excelled at prioritizing talent at qb, wr, dl, and corner. Thats where our 5 stars are.

In addition, our "hit" rate on 5 stars is very good. Rarely have a bust. You combine those guys with a bunch of other 3-4 star guys that put team first and you've got something.
Your 5* is a 3* RB that is an all timer. Shut the **** up and go eat some boiled peanuts

Advertisement
Back