UM -17.5 vs. UVA

Advertisement
Line has moved to 19. Money apparently pouring in on the Canes. Feels like a trap.
This is a let down spot for UVA. They just came off the biggest win for their program in 20+ years. They have nothing to play for (don’t say bowl eligibility bc they aren’t getting there).

On the surface it looks like a letdown spot for Miami as well, coming off a big and emotional OT win, but in reality it rejuvenated our season. Hope is still alive with a ton to play for.

But these are kids. Most of the time none of that matters. You can’t take anyone lightly.

This is a let down spot for UVA. They just came off the biggest win for their program in 20+ years. They have nothing to play for (don’t say bowl eligibility bc they aren’t getting there).

On the surface it looks like a letdown spot for Miami as well, coming off a big and emotional OT win, but in reality it rejuvenated our season. Hope is still alive with a ton to play for.

But these are kids. Most of the time none of that matters. You can’t take anyone lightly.
Covering a 19 point spread with Emory feels really unlikely. Idk why Vegas would believe TVD is a lock to play.

The confidence so many here seem to have that the line is too big, is making me want to back us at -19 against my better judgement.

Positives:
I very much doubt UVA will be able to do to our offensive line what they did to UNC’s. I wish we’d have attacked them similarly but water under the bridge.

Negatives:
Miami has a terrible record against double digit spreads (P5) and so does Mario, who is actually your risk here, IMO. Once he is up by two or 3 scores he has a history of smelling his armpits and demanding HB dives.

I think Miami handles these guys pretty easily though.

UM- 41
UVA- 20

Advertisement
Covering a 19 point spread with Emory feels really unlikely. Idk why Vegas would believe TVD is a lock to play.

The confidence so many here seem to have that the line is too big, is making me want to back us at -19 against my better judgement.
The line is 100% assuming TVD plays

i think we cover, beating clemson built our confidence back up and UVA just took their 1 and final shot to shock someone this year

Advertisement
13pt win.

If Miami was smart and healthy they would run the ball, limit turnovers and wear them out in the south Florida heat. Problem is the the RB is beat up and if TVD is back they will try to throw.

Have a feeling TVD will be “Rusty” Virginia will play zone and it will be close in the 3rd quarter. I see a Tech game all over again which i called correctly as being close with Miami pulling away late. Mario just let me down there.

I see the same type of game where we are all sitting there in the 3rd quarter going how is this game close. Then have to hope by the 4th they wear down and the line/offense takes over.

Even if TVD plays, we don't know what we get out of him.

Advertisement
Brazil > Argentina in all things
season 2 trump GIF by Our Cartoon President

I rarely ever bet on sports anymore but I put down a little coin against all Miami teams in 3 games. Bet the Pistons and the points last night, took UVA and the points, took New England and the points. I firmly believe all Miami teams will win, just thought the lines seemed generous. 1-0 so far.

Advertisement
Hope the fans make this a real home field advantage. That feeds the team for sure.

It's Homecoming so hopefully the stands will be like last week.

I expect the team to come out fired up.

Advertisement
Back