UM -17.5 vs. UVA

Advertisement
My basis is we have generally played down to opponents level no matter the ranking.

Depending on who the QB is the offensive game plan could be just as vanilla as we saw against Clemson.

Handling success has not been something Miami does well. I would like to see it happen against UVA before I can say we have turned a corner.

Mario's in game decision making has left a lot to be desired. We can not overlook any opponent left of this schedule they can all easily beat us.
This is not the case at all this year. Outside of Georgia Tech and 5 turnovers, Miami has blown out pretty much every weaker opponent.

Honestly, basing any future predictions on the Georgia Tech results is probably a risky proposition. That game was a complete outlier. It’s very rare for a team to lose while dominating almost every aspect of the game. It took a ridiculous turnover disparity, a bunch of highly questionable calls by the officials and Miami literally fumbling it away when they could have taken a knee for Georgia Tech to win that game. No team can realistically expect an opponent to turn the ball over 5 times, get a bunch of highly influential calls in their favor and have the opposing coach make a ridiculous bonehead decision multiple times in a season.

This is not the case at all this year. Outside of Georgia Tech and 5 turnovers, Miami has blown out pretty much every weaker opponent.

Honestly, basing any future predictions on the Georgia Tech results is probably a risky proposition. That game was a complete outlier. It’s very rare for a team to lose while dominating almost every aspect of the game. It took a ridiculous turnover disparity, a bunch of highly questionable calls by the officials and Miami literally fumbling it away when they could have taken a knee for Georgia Tech to win that game. No team can realistically expect an opponent to turn the ball over 5 times, get a bunch of highly influential calls in their favor and have the opposing coach make a ridiculous bonehead decision multiple times in a season.

It's like betting against Alabama based on their game against Arkansas.

Advertisement
No No No GIF

what's your basis of thinking that we don't?

one game against GT where we had 4 egregious turnovers and we got caught sleeping after a bye and a week before UNC?

good teams get caught sleeping typically once (sometimes twice) per season when looking ahead.

I'd be more worried against NC state with FSU looming ahead than against UVA. they just beat UNC and are riding high, and our players just got rejuvenated and back on track
Yes, the GT game. Also, the last 20 years of consistently losing to teams w lesser talent.

Bye weeks, especially when a team is undefeated, contribute to complacency. In a normal week, there isn't time to relax and read puff pieces about the team. I'm less concerned about the effort coming off the Clemson win than I would coming out of a bye. I think we cover.
That is almost always untrue. Almost.

Advertisement

Um.....Miami has been wildly inconsistent vs expected performance against every P5 opponent this year.

Over performed vs *** and M
under performed vs GT
under performed vs UNC
over performed the trend vs Clemson

Miami has more shake in their variablity than a chick on the main stage at Scarlett's.

VA beat NC by RUNNING the ball, we tried to beat them PASSING the ball. We beat Clemson because we RAN the ball. I hope Dawson recognizes that we have lots of talent besides TVD and quits relying on TVD so much. Maye didn't beat the U last week by passing the ball, they beat us with a balanced offense. I hope and pray that we utilize all our talent instead of being one sided. We still need more passes to the TE and RB's. Its frustrating to see us rely too much on TVD. I simply hope our RB's are available and not too many injured. Arroyo played but no passes went his way yet.

GaTech is the only P5 team w supposedly lesser talent Miami has played this year. Not much value in using results of games vs lower level teams.

Advertisement
I like the fact that UVA had a big road win last night.

I hope we win by 40 but I‘m not touching this game.
What’s the O/U?

EDIT: 48.5

More attention being paid to 44 is going to open up 56 more. Hopefully we get Mesidor back an the line will really start dominating.

Advertisement
VA beat NC by RUNNING the ball, we tried to beat them PASSING the ball. We beat Clemson because we RAN the ball. I hope Dawson recognizes that we have lots of talent besides TVD and quits relying on TVD so much. Maye didn't beat the U last week by passing the ball, they beat us with a balanced offense. I hope and pray that we utilize all our talent instead of being one sided. We still need more passes to the TE and RB's. Its frustrating to see us rely too much on TVD. I simply hope our RB's are available and not too many injured. Arroyo played but no passes went his way yet.
Get Fraggle a headset prontomundo!

Um.....Miami has been wildly inconsistent vs expected performance against every P5 opponent this year.

Over performed vs *** and M
under performed vs GT
under performed vs UNC
over performed the trend vs Clemson

Miami has more shake in their variablity than a chick on the main stage at Scarlett's.
The guy I quoted said UM had played down to their opponent’s level. The truth is they haven’t at all. They have handled every lesser team easily outside of GT. That’s not “playing down”

GaTech is the only P5 team w supposedly lesser talent Miami has played this year. Not much value in using results of games vs lower level teams.
Wait so “playing down” to lesser opponents only counts against P5 teams now? If they had struggled against Miami Ohio, would that not have been “playing down”?

Advertisement
Back